Music Red Hot Chili Peppers

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Had tickets for December in Dublin but they cancelled the day before.

Rescheduled for this September.

One of my favourite bands

Nikhil

I remember Californication as being one of the biggest albums growing up. That and Chocalate Starfish were pretty much my first "adult" albums that I listened to as a kid. I loved that album - my one brother is a decade older then me, and he loved the Chili Peppers when he was growing up. I guess we kind of bonded over the Chili Peppers when Californication came out. Listened to By the Way, but it wasn't the same. Can't seem to avoid them if you listen to the radio in the last year or so, but I can't really say I am a big fan anymore to be honest. I haven't really listened to either or their last two albums

They seem like really good people though, Flea was in Big Lebowski, so there's that. And I think it reflects well on them that they have been able to stay together so long

I always thought Porcelain was this amazing, underrated song that, in light of the entire tone of the album, is really odd for a band like Red Hot Chili Peppers. Its beautiful though
They all seem like really nice people. Flea also provided the voice for one of the characters in The Wild Thornberrys cartoon. I have such fond memories of listening to Blood Sugar Sex Magik, One Hot Minute and Californication in the late 90s and By the Way and Stadium Arcadium in the 2000s.

You must listen to the new album The Getaway. Every song is good. I love The Longest Wave. Probably one of my favourite songs of all time.

Nikhil

Had tickets for December in Dublin but they cancelled the day before.

Rescheduled for this September.

One of my favourite bands
Enjoy the show. They are great to see play live. I loved the show. At the end, they said "Thank you, bye bye" and left the stage. Everyone started chanting and flashing their phones. Chad Smith comes out in 5 mins and sits at the drums and starts playing. Then Flea comes on stage walking on his hands and is joined by the rest. They played 3-4 more songs. :lol:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I can't stop listening to them at the moment, especially BSSM. I'm like The Uplift Mofo Party Plan quite a bit too, I think it's underrated.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I can't stop listening to them at the moment, especially BSSM. I'm like The Uplift Mofo Party Plan quite a bit too, I think it's underrated.
Yeah their early stuff is great, they’re still one of my favourite bands and when I was growing up I pretty much learnt how to play bass by learning their songs.

Even if Kiedis has nonsense lyrics I still love it :lol:

Also the riff from Under the Bridge is incredible even if I’m not a huge fan of the song as a whole

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Yeah their early stuff is great, they’re still one of my favourite bands and when I was growing up I pretty much learnt how to play bass by learning their songs.

Even if Kiedis has nonsense lyrics I still love it :lol:

Also the riff from Under the Bridge is incredible even if I’m not a huge fan of the song as a whole
I try to play some of the bass but most of it is too hard.

The lyrics are so good, Sir Psycho Sexy is hilarious :lol:

onemanarmy

I still like BSSM, but live they've never convinced me. Kiedis is a terrible singer.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
They were a great live band once Kiedis got singing lessons - from Californication onwards really. He's regressed now since John left the band.

I've got a couple of hundred live gigs stored away you'd always get something different when John was playing.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Been revisiting By The Way a lot lately...

What an album.

onemanarmy

They were a great live band once Kiedis got singing lessons - from Californication onwards really.
Seen them in 2003 I think in Antwerp, The Mars Volta opened for them. It really turned me off the band for couple of years, I was so disappointed.

Irwin99

Whaaaaat?! I'm very surprised. John has always done his own thing and always seemed uncomfortable with mainstream success so to join the band again for a third time is a shock (especially after his most recent solo releases which are as weird and experimental as can be).

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Whaaaaat?! I'm very surprised. John has always done his own thing and always seemed uncomfortable with mainstream success so to join the band again for a third time is a shock (especially after his most recent solo releases which are as weird and experimental as can be).
How does his newer solo stuff compare to Niandra LaDes and Usually Just a T-Shirt?

Irwin99

How does his newer solo stuff compare to Niandra LaDes and Usually Just a T-Shirt?
Well that album is actually a fave of mine and it’s comparatively sane against some of his recent stuff. I exaggerate a bit there but his electronic experiments have been truly bizarre at times and not my cup of tea. That’s why it seems weird to me that he’s going back to RHCP-I thought he was done with all that.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
They were all I listened to growing up, me and all my mates were huge fans.

I tried listening to them recently and I realised how shit their lyrics are. I have never been big on lyrics, I prefer music/melody but these are just a bizarre mish mash of nonsensical word soup.

Saying that I would still put blood sugar sex magic as one of my all time favourites.

clarkydaz

Never thought this would happen again wow! He is like their Cantona, they just aint the same without him

GBBQ

They were all I listened to growing up, me and all my mates were huge fans.

I tried listening to them recently and I realised how shit their lyrics are. I have never been big on lyrics, I prefer music/melody but these are just a bizarre mish mash of nonsensical word soup.

Saying that I would still put blood sugar sex magic as one of my all time favourites.
I have the exact same feeling about them. Loved them in the 90s / 00s but revisiting them isn't as fun as I thought it would be.

SirAF

Ageist
They are Easily one of my favorite bands. I could listen to them while travelling Around the World on a Aeroplane or just hiding Under the Bridge.

By the Way, My Friends
say I just Can’t Stop listening to them.

Irwin99

I actually really like One Hot Minute. There, I said it. It's a very melancholic album and although it has a few fillers it's got some great songs on there too.

Californication is my favourite album of theirs though.