Gaming Redcafe COVID-19 Rocket League S1 - Mazhar takes the Cup!!!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Sorry I’ve barely been online the last few days. I might sit this one out. If there’s a second one I’ll get involved and make sure I’m back up to speed.
No rush. You have until next Thursday to get 3 sets (i.e. 9 games) in. Whenever you're free, you can join us.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Updated table after all of yesterday's results (tagging @rcoobc for the notification):

If your name's not on there, it's because you haven't played any games yet.

Based off of these records, Heffo & hobbers look to be the early favourites.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Probabky wont be on tonight - bit knackered... back tomorrow!

rcoobc

Updated League Table

Last edited:

rcoobc

The Race for The League Shield

The race for the League Shield is likely between three players; @mazhar13, @hobbers and @Heffo

All three have likely already done enough to qualify for the finals, but the race for the League Shield is far from guaranteed.

In pole position is @mazhar13. He's got to this position by sheer will power, a real try-hard player. Mazhar has played 21 games, nearly twice as many as anyone else. Despite this, he's accumulated just 25 points more than hobbers. A single match could change the leader.

@hobbers is in 2nd place. A truly talented rocket league player, he's probably favourite for the Season Finals. If Redcafe ever challenged RAWK to a rocket league match, hobbers would be the first name on the team sheet.

@Heffo is a little way off the pace. After 9 matches, he's still only on 241 points. However, I would say he's equally as skilled as heffo, and in just a few more matches he could see himself shoot up the table.

Wildcards:

@EireLemon has yet to join the tournament, but if he does, he could be a challenger. Although he only has a few days to do it.

rcoobc

The Qualification Race

In the redcafe rocket league COVID-19 finals, anything could happen, and anyone could win. Getting there however, is half the battle!

If we take it that Mazhar13, hobbers and Heffo have already qualified, that leaves 3 places left for everyone else. Here is how everyone else is coming along.

@Jack-C20 is in 4th place and qualification for him looks likely - however - he has only played 3 games! He needs to play 6 more matches to qualify or will miss the chance of a first Redcafe title. As of right now, Jack-C20 is NOT qualifying.

@rcoobc, me myself and I. One of the greatest rocket league players of all time. Should be in RLCS or whatever it's called. I've played enough games to qualify, and at the moment, I have enough points. As of right now, rcoobc is qualifying.

@Camy89 A few points behind, and sitting in 6th place currently is Camy. He needs to play another set of matches to qualify, but if he can get a few more wins on the board he could find himself in finals. However, Big-Red is breathing down his neck. As of right now, Camy89 is NOT qualifying.

@Big-Red . The man. The machine. The legend. A few points behind Camy, another who needs to play another set of matches to qualify. But could easily find himself overtaking Camy and rcoobc if he can get a few wins. As of right now, Big-Red is NOT qualifying.

@GazTheLegend . Between rcoobc in 5th place, and Gaz in 8th place, there is only 12 points. Gaz has played enough matches to qualify, but could and will lose his place as other players play enough to qualify. Needs to get at least a couple more wins to stand a real chance of qualifying. However, as of right now, GazTheLegend is qualifying.

@iammemphis. Named after a player than never really did much in a united shirt, and IAmMemphis is so far struggling to make a real impact in this tournament. That's slightly more understandable though when his one set of matches where with Heffo, Mahzar and Camy. Needs to play 2 more sets of matches to qualify, and will likely need some wins to propel himself into the qualification places. As of right now, Big-Red is NOT qualifying.

@The Taurean . What can we say about The Taurean that hasn't already been said? Quite a lot actually as no one really talks about him. He's a real try-hard, having played 4 sets of matches, but a fair distance away from those ahead of him. His skill level isn't bad though, and he needs a couple of wins to give him a real chance of qualifying. He sits right back in 10th place in the league, but as 4 of those above him haven't played enough matches, as of right now, TheTaurean is qualifying.

rcoobc

@Organic Potatoes . Presumably, he likes his veg like he likes his women, lumpy and served with everything. He's only a few points behind The Taurean so could qualify if he can get a few more wins under his belt.

Bringing up the rear is @P-Nut . His wife doesn't mind, but for once P-Nut isn't interested in the bottom. He needs Rocky training montage of 1v1s, training programs and raw eggs to turn this challenger into a real contender.

Yet to Enter
A few players have yet to enter @EireLemon we know is a great RL player. @ArjenIsM3 is keen. @RedMist99 is looking like he will be involved before the tournament is done.

They have a few days left to get on the scoreboard, and could yet make a significant impact.

Or will there be a surprise entry? It's not too late, enter now! You need to play three sets of three matches before the end of Thursday.

ArjenIsM3

I hope I'll be able to make at least an Ighalo esque impact. I can probably get some games in tomorrow (Sunday). Any takers?

Jack-C20

@Jack-C20 is a really good player. He deserves a higher ranking than that.

@mazhar13 and @hobbers are wizards.
I’m happy with where I’m at right now. Didn’t think I’d be enjoying it as much as I am as I hardly play 2 vs 2 but it’s been a good laugh. If anyone ever wants to do some 3 vs 3 (either as a team of 3 or two teams of 3 in a private match) give me a shout. Normally play as lone wolf but simply having people looking for passes makes the game more enjoyable.

rcoobc

5 on now - PM me to be added to chat or check out caf discord

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Ok good news, I've managed to get my head around the streaming on twitch therefore can broadcast some games tonight (ones I'm not in). Only thing I need to source is an adequate microphone and sound mix so I can commentate.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
https://www.twitch.tv/camy55/

This is my 'channel' if you wish to tune in from around 8pm tonight. There will be a slight delay (around 10s) from the truly live play but hopefully some added comedy value with commentary and beers. I've realised I can still stream and play my games, however I will not commentate on these because I do this weird breathing in thing (which annoys my gf) and you can hear this on the test game I had for the sound. Tends to happen when I'm anticipating a hit. Reckon I need to dull the mic a tad but still, looking forward to it!

P.S. Through the streaming software I'm using, it gives me the option to record, so I can record the matches and upload them separately if anyone wants to watch their match back.

Last edited:

ArjenIsM3

https://www.twitch.tv/camy55/

This is my 'channel' if you wish to tune in from around 8pm tonight. There will be a slight delay (around 10s) from the truly live play but hopefully some added comedy value with commentary and beers. I've realised I can still stream and play my games, however I will not commentate on these because I do this weird breathing in thing (which annoys my gf) and you can hear this on the test game I had for the sound. Tends to happen when I'm anticipating a hit. Reckon I need to dull the mic a tad but still, looking forward to it!

P.S. Through the streaming software I'm using, it gives me the option to record, so I can record the matches and upload them separately if anyone wants to watch their match back.
I do the same where my breathing gets weird when I'm focussed / tense :lol:

rcoobc

After 10 hard days of gaming, The League Stage is over!

Hobbers takes the League Shield 364.2 points, taken from 21 wins out of 30 games played - a win ratio of 70%. That was bested only by Mazhar who won 28 games out of 39, a win ratio of 71%

Congratulations @hobbers

Hobbers wins the Season 1 Covid-19 League Shield​

Last edited:

rcoobc

A special mention needs to go to @ArjenIsM3 here. He waited until 10:05pm last night looking for a 4th player to complete his sets. I came on at 10:06pm which would have been the 4th

With a ranking of 248 pts he would have easily qualified if he had finished his last games - Next time @ArjenIsM3

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I've started to get back into it, after playing religiously circa 2015. There's way too much skins and shite now.

rcoobc

Alongside hobbers, @mazhar13 @Heffo @Jack-C20 @GazTheLegend and @Camy89 qualify to complete the 6.

All played well throughout the tournament with their own playing style. The front free of heffo, Mazher and hobbers will be the favourites, but anything could happen on the night!

The final stage of the tournament changes the game from a 2 v 2 to a 3 v 3 competition!

The 6 finalists all play each other in all TEN combinations of matches (order TBD). (Should take about 1 hour, sorry!)

A win gives 3 points, whilst an "overtime" loss gives the loser a bonus point.

@Big-Red would you have happy to be first reserve? I fully expect someone not to turn up on the night.

These matches to take place on Saturday 4th April at 8pm UK Time - I hope no one is going out clubbing?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
@Big-Red would you have happy to be first reserve? I fully expect someone not to turn up on the night.
I am not around, after I got eliminated I planned other stuff :lol: