Gaming Redcafe COVID-19 Rocket League S1 - Mazhar takes the Cup!!!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
It's here! The ROBOCOP COVID-19 Rocket League tournament season 1 is here!

(Poster for the old tournament)

Device: PC, Xbox One, PS4 (edit: and apparently the switch is a thing!)

Finalised League Stage Rankings - Hobbers wins the League Shield

The FINAL

Mazhar
wins the final and takes the cup!

Last edited:

Jack-C20

How many people played in the last one? I’m only asking as if it’s a lot I may struggle to get on for all the games.

LInkash

I have never played this game before. Is it possible to pick it up quite quickly?

Jack-C20

I have never played this game before. Is it possible to pick it up quite quickly?
It’s possible to have a great laugh immediately but it’s literally the longer you play the better you are. You’ll start your first game and see people doing stuff that’ll make you think they’re cheating. Worth joining in though as it’ll be 2 vs 2 I think.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How many people played in the last one? I’m only asking as if it’s a lot I may struggle to get on for all the games.
The last time we had a tournament was ~2 years ago, and we had ~16 players in it. There was greater interest in these tournaments back then, however, so it's not like we'll have too many people playing this nowadays.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I've also never played it before, but this sounds fun. Let's team up and get smashed by everyone...

What times are we looking at for this? I'm GMT + 13 so it could be a problem for me.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Im in but my playing time is quite strict in that i can only really play 9.30-11.30pm UK time.

rcoobc

I've also never played it before, but this sounds fun. Let's team up and get smashed by everyone...

What times are we looking at for this? I'm GMT + 13 so it could be a problem for me.
Im in but my playing time is quite strict in that i can only really play 9.30-11.30pm UK time.
That's fine, the new format means you just need to play at least three "quad" matches in the ten day period, so we'll find you people that work at similar times

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
How do you sign up? Or have I signed up already by saying I’m keen?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Oh sweet when's it on?

Much like iammemphis I can only really commit to play from 930-1130pm gmt
The tentative schedule's described in the OP. In short:
  • Open round robin over 10 days
  • Final on 1 day (Saturday, April 4)
Given a 1-day break between the round robin and the final, the round robin will start on Tuesday, 24 March and go all the way up to Thursday, 2 April.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
For everyone who wants to play in the tournament, post your Rocket ID into this thread. Once we get your Rocket ID, you are officially registered.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I would, but last time I did this this there was such a discrepancy on servers when we played more locally to everyone else it was a rubber band mess for me and then when we played on West US servers I scored 4 goals straight away.

Has it changed any?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I would, but last time I did this this there was such a discrepancy on servers when we played more locally to everyone else it was a rubber band mess for me and then when we played on West US servers I scored 4 goals straight away.

Has it changed any?
I'm not sure if it has changed that much, but when I play on US-West servers, I get good matches.

Regardless, that's why the round-robin format doesn't have scheduled matches. All you need is a minimum number of matches (3 for now) to make yourself eligible for the next round. You can get that by playing with people in locations closer to you.

rcoobc

How do you sign up? Or have I signed up already by saying I’m keen?
Let us know your rocket ID

We'll start playing games from around Tuesday. Anyone can join at any time! But you need to play at least 3 quad matches to get to the final.

Also: Let us know when is a good time for you to play matches

rcoobc

If anyone wants to stream any of their matches, I'm sure we'd all like to see them.*

*I'm sure someone would like to see it.

Jack-C20

I’ll post my ID tomorrow if I remember. A couple of people have said about playing after 9:30 which could work for me so I’m sure we’ll work out a convenient time for everyone.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
If anyone wants to stream any of their matches, I'm sure we'd all like to see them.*

*I'm sure someone would like to see it.
I've literally downloaded OBS yesterday as I wanted to try and stream quiplash so my mates could join in quarantine. Might use it for this now...