Gaming RedCafe COVID-19 Rocket League S2: The Revival - New Players Welcome - Suspended due to Lack of Interest

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

You know how we all thought that things would go back to normal? Well...they didn't. Depending on where we are, most of us are in another lockdown, so that means we have time for a Rocket League tournament!

Season 2 didn't go so well the last time. Only one series was played, and no matches were played afterwards. With a lack of interest, the tournament, unfortunately, died off, but players are starting to express more interest now.

Eligible platforms: all of them! (PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Switch)

Season 1 Highlights

Champion: Mazhar

League:

League Shield Winner: hobbers
Finalists' average rating: 262.9

Format & Rules

TL;DR: same as Season 1
This will a more traditional league format and will be similar to the traditional Rocket League ranked game mode. Players will play against each other in Doubles (2v2) games. 4 people come together and play 3 Doubles games (AB vs. CD, AC vs. BD, AD vs. BC), ensuring that every possible combination of games are played among the 4. If the same 4 players come together for another set of 3 matches, the results will not count in the league (i.e. only unique combinations will count for the league results).

Everyone will start with 200 points. Points will be gained and lost based on the result (win/loss + number of goals scored). The previous season's ratings will carry over for the purpose of calculating the appropriate amount of points gained/lost. For this season, points gained/lost should be fairer, especially in the case of a Doubles match where 2 very good players play against 2 not-so-good ones. To be eligible for the next round, a minimum of 3 sets (i.e. 9 games) must be played (you do not need to play with/against every player). Only the top 6 rated players can qualify to the next round (how the 6 players qualify may change if more players are involved, but only 6 players will qualify).

The player at the top of the leaderboard will be the League Shield winner.
This will also be a league format but will not involve any ratings. Every player will start from 0 points. Points will be awarded based on the result of the match (goals will not play a role):
  • Win: 3 points
  • Overtime Loss: 1 point
  • Regular Time Loss: 0 points
Players will play against each other in Standard (3v3) games. Every possible combination must be played in this round (a total of 10 games). The player with the most points after all games are played will be the tournament champion.
Game Format: Soccar
Eligible Arenas (any weather/time of day):
  • DFH Stadium
  • Mannfield
  • Champions Field
  • Urban Central
  • Beckwith Park
  • Utopia Coliseum
  • Wasteland
  • Neo Tokyo
  • Aquadome
  • Starbase Arc
  • Salty Shores
  • Farmstead
  • Forbidden Temple
Bot Difficulty: No Bots
Team Settings: Default
Mutator Settings: Default

Region: Europe by default. The region can change in these special cases:
  • First Round
    • If 2-3 players are outside of Europe, one game will be played in a non-European server that is best for the non-European players.
    • If all 4 players are outside of Europe, all 3 games will be played in a non-European server that is best for the 3 players.
  • Second Round
    • Depending on the number of non-European players, the first few matches will be played outside of Europe (exact number to be determined just before the start of the round).
Joinable By:
  • Party Only
  • Name/Password
Each game's result must be recorded for it to count. This will remain lenient just like the last tournament. For a result to count:
  1. Capture the result
    • Record the game (best)
    • Take a screenshot/photo (easy & reliable)
    • Write the result into the RedCafe Discord, tournament conversation, or this thread
  2. Send it to the tournament admin(s) (or tag them in the thread if the result is in there)

Schedule
Once this thread has been created, the tournament has officially begun! The first round will last for 2 weeks with the last day being Sunday, 28 June (subject to change). The second round is scheduled for Wednesday, 1 July (subject to change).

Feel free to stream your games and/or post highlights of them in the thread! We'd all love to see some amazing goals (or embarrassing lowlights).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Once again, I am looking for an admin to assist me in managing the tournament. Ideally, I'd like to get this tournament started this weekend, but I'm also okay with having it start anytime next week. It all depends on the number of players that are interested.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'd love to do a Royal Rumble type game like this with the caf

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We have 6 players (me included) signed up in total. If you guys want, we can get a couple of different sets of matches going today just to get the train rolling.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Excellent. We have 9 people registered so far.

We should be able to arrange a few sets (2 in parallel) and get a good number of games going. Feel free to join the Caf Discord server to arrange games (PM me to get an invite if you're not already in).

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Sorry guys, Gonna have to count myself out. As anyone who's had a baby will know, free time is pretty hard to come by and if yer on the night shifts, usually reserved for catching up on sleep so I'll maybe observe this one from the sidelines if I get a chance :p

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Anyways, I'll be available for Rocket League games at around 3 p.m. GMT onwards. Feel free to tag me on Discord or on the Caf if you're interested.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So @Camy89 has expressed interest in getting together for some games tomorrow. If anyone else is interested in joining us, we can get several games done.

GazTheLegend

We should be able to arrange a few sets (2 in parallel) and get a good number of games going. Feel free to join the Caf Discord server to arrange games (PM me to get an invite if you're not already in).
Sorry for late reply but I'm maybe playing 2-3 games a night max at the minute and don't really wanna commit to anything like this but if there's a final or anything at a weekend on twitch I'd love to watch so please let me know if you get that far :)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
No, there are no numbers at all.
Fair enough. I forgot that Psyonix changed their stuff around after making the game for free. Yeah, your Epic ID is basically your RocketID.
What time?
Right after United's match against Southampton, so ~10:15 p.m. GMT
Sorry for late reply but I'm maybe playing 2-3 games a night max at the minute and don't really wanna commit to anything like this but if there's a final or anything at a weekend on twitch I'd love to watch so please let me know if you get that far :)
I'll try to keep you posted. Feel free to drop by and watch some of our other games if you want.

Jacob

@mazhar13 not sure what time zone you're in.

I'm in the CET time zone.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@mazhar13 not sure what time zone you're in.

I'm in the CET time zone.
I'm in EST, so I'll be 6 hours behind. I believe that the rest will be in Europe, however.

Having said that, I can make myself available earlier if required unless I am absolutely unable to free myself.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Will anyone be around tomorrow/during the weekend for one/a few set(s)? I think that should be a good time for everyone to get together.

muller

Sorry for the hopefully simple question and bump, but wondering if anyone can help me.

Currently playing this on PS4 with my 7 year old. I have PS online account, he just has an offline one so that he can play along on games.

However, whilst I can unlock and customise stuff on my car, he’s still got the minimal selection and can’t use anything I (we) unlock.

Is there a way around this or does he have to have his own online (and paid I assume) account?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Sorry for the hopefully simple question and bump, but wondering if anyone can help me.

Currently playing this on PS4 with my 7 year old. I have PS online account, he just has an offline one so that he can play along on games.

However, whilst I can unlock and customise stuff on my car, he’s still got the minimal selection and can’t use anything I (we) unlock.

Is there a way around this or does he have to have his own online (and paid I assume) account?
There should be no reason why you cant both unlock stuff.

Has he got a grownup account of a child account? If its a child account maybe thats why he can't unlock stuff because of regulations against loot boxes. But he should still earn normal ""unlockables"

I play with my son all the time, we play online together splitscreen