Redcafe Drafting League Game Thread

Enigma_87

You know who
I can probably judge games, but just with the final score and who scored and assisted. Not got the enthusiasm to write full explanations to be honest.
Yeah we can try that I think. Will move things along and would certainly be quicker.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I know this is kind of hibernating, but if something ever happens again, I'd be interested to join. Now that I got a glimpse of playing, I guess this format would be just right for me. If the old teams are continued, perhaps I could inherit one from someone who opted out.

Just in case this gets revived at some point. The concept is great.

Skizzo

We should do a FIFA draft and let the computer sim games out. Obviously it would only include modern players, but managers could submit their formations and tactics and everything could be set up by the draft committee.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
We should do a FIFA draft and let the computer sim games out. Obviously it would only include modern players, but managers could submit their formations and tactics and everything could be set up by the draft committee.
Could that be done on an FM editor so we could use classic players? Or does someone have a version of PES with a database of classic players?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
FIFA is pretty shit when you’re not the one playing (and even then...); the tactics and the players hardly matter. Not sure about PES - those databases exist for a reason, I guess, but for simulations it’s really FM or nothing.

Or do a FIFA draft where you have an on-line tournament, but, again, your skill matters much more than your team.

harms

Staff
We had a classic FM-experiment, but, like any other FM experiment, at some point it died. It was great though.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
We had a classic FM-experiment, but, like any other FM experiment, at some point it died. It was great though.
There was one thread I used to follow (but not play) in the General forum I think.

They basically gave each one of the players a 18-19 year player with attributes which you could choose yourselves (as long as they were fair)

After that they ran season over season simulations and let you know how your player performed, what is his market value now, did he reach the first team, Ballon dor rankings, did he get transferred etc

You cant do much and only read how your player did in comparison to the others but I found the concept brilliant and read it every week even though I was not involved.

We should try it sometime.

Skizzo

There was one thread I used to follow (but not play) in the General forum I think.

They basically gave each one of the players a 18-19 year player with attributes which you could choose yourselves (as long as they were fair)

After that they ran season over season simulations and let you know how your player performed, what is his market value now, did he reach the first team, Ballon dor rankings, did he get transferred etc

You cant do much and only read how your player did in comparison to the others but I found the concept brilliant and read it every week even though I was not involved.

Those have been the ones that died out quickly too. People tend to underestimate the time commitment to simming and typing it all up.

fun to follow though. My last player was doing tremendously :(

GodShaveTheQueen

Those have been the ones that died out quickly too. People tend to underestimate the time commitment to simming and typing it all up.

fun to follow though. My last player was doing tremendously :(
Yea, I can imagine the guy running it calling it quits after a while.

Definitely needs someone highly reliable like @green_smiley maybe

harms

Staff

Yeah, those are quite regular, especially when the new version comes out, but I think that I've only seen one finished.

GodShaveTheQueen

Yeah, those are quite regular, especially when the new version comes out, but I think that I've only seen one finished.
Please tag me the next time one such opens, I usually only check the football and draft games forum

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The fm simulation is the best possible way of doing these, but it takes far too much time commitment. That's why I opted for this version, but again it got draining after a while.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
We dont need text highlights of every game, 2 formation pictures, result and who scored is enough.