Redcafe Drafting League Game Thread

Indnyc

Given the lack of involvement of some, we are considering to abandon this draft
I hope that doesn't happen.. Conceptually this has been really fun and probably where drafting will end up long term given the lack of discussions in the other draft threads

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I hope that doesn't happen.. Conceptually this has been really fun and probably where drafting will end up long term given the lack of discussions in the other draft threads
I think the discussion tends to be lowest in August as people are on holiday and away. It should hopefully pick up from September

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Given the lack of involvement of some, we are considering to abandon this draft
Just kick them out, i mean this is really a no effort draft so if you cant be bothered to do a bare minimum then dont play it.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Finish this season quickly.

Play multiple game weeks at once (multiple sets of injuries obviously) and the committee can quicken things up with just scorelines (goal scorers and assists) rather than writeups.

Once that is done (14 rounds), we can take a call on next season

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Finish this season quickly.

Play multiple game weeks at once (multiple sets of injuries obviously) and the committee can quicken things up with just scorelines (goal scorers and assists) rather than writeups.

Once that is done (14 rounds), we can take a call on next season
Good call. Also if a manager doesn't submit a line up within a time period the none score deciding committee member chooses the line-up instead either on what he thinks is best or what the other manager would have picked

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Good call. Also if a manager doesn't submit a line up within a time period the none score deciding committee member chooses the line-up instead either on what he thinks is best or what the other manager would have picked
Whats the point of a deadline if you get rewarded when you miss out? If you miss the deadline you lose the game, simple as that.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Whats the point of a deadline if you get rewarded when you miss out? If you miss the deadline you lose the game, simple as that.
Actually, that makes more sense. I mean people could just submit text line ups instead of a formation graphic if they are far from a laptop or desktop e.g.

----------------Messi-----------------
Villa-------------------------Pedro-----
------Iniesta------Xavi------------
-------------Biscuits---------------
Abidal--Pique-Puyol---Alves
---------------Valdes-------------

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Please don’t abandon it, it’s a brilliant concept :(

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I think the discussion tends to be lowest in August as people are on holiday and away. It should hopefully pick up from September
Yep. I've been away and haven't had access to a pc to do the formation, hence I haven't sent it in.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Go with hard deadlines.

Nothing submitted = match lost.

3-0.

Standard if you fail to field a team in the real world.

If you can't get on a computer/can't be arsed to do it on yer phone - just type out something (as shown above).

It's not like you'll impress any scan voters with fancy graphics anyway.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Also, it doesn't help our predicament that feckin Sharemytactics seem unable to fix their issues - it's down again now.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Problem is once people are awarded 3-0 losses for no show, they probably won't be arsed for next rounds.
Yeah - I know what you mean.

Still, you'd be rewarding those who remain committed - even if only half the original number of managers stay in it till the end, it might be worth seeing it through.

I see your point, though - of course.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Go with hard deadlines.

Nothing submitted = match lost.

3-0.
Aye, am fully with this. I mean you can type your team on your phone and say one sentence about the tactics. Even just a team would be enough.

Set the deadlines, that's it.

Problem is once people are awarded 3-0 losses for no show, they probably won't be arsed for next rounds.
It crossed my mind, but if a person doesn't send the tactics in, I don't know, for the whole week and gets away with it he will do it again for pretty much every game. And we have the same problem again or we'll be in the same position we are now. If he doesn't want to go on, that's his problem.

Take one exception or moving of deadline if person has some problems. Has to be announced or sent before the deadline. (something like that as a leeway in some justified cases maybe... can be used once or twice)

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Problem is also that 3-0 forfeits distort the league format. If someone with a strong team is a no-show for one match but trashes the next manager it feels extra bad for that person.

Jim Beam

Problem is also that 3-0 forfeits distort the league format. If someone with a strong team is a no-show for one match but trashes the next manager it feels extra bad for that person.
That person can count it as a compliment that his opponent showed up for him.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
What I would suggest is rather than 3-0, set deadlines and for every 2 violations of deadline in submission, you get docked 1 point.

Punishment, yet not harsh.

Or every violation independently gets a 0.5 point penalty

Or 6-7 injuries next week.

Jim Beam

Personally, don't have problems with any of that. Some kind of middle ground.

edit: points docked would still be my preference, maybe not all 3, but 1 as suggested...

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This draft is dropped?

Such a shame, as i have a five year plan to challenge the League already.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
This draft is dropped?
Is it?

If not, I have a proposal to save the thing (because it's great): When a team misses a deadline, I could fill in & do a quick formation within 24 hours. That should be a grave enough threat to get people's asses up.