RedCafe Golf 2020

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Far too wet for golf at the moment, how's everyone's game coming along

DVG7

Far too wet for golf at the moment, how's everyone's game coming along

Haven't swung since Maui, but heading to florida in april and playing lakewood national courses and then sacramento in may and hoping to get some golf in whilst there but not taking my clubs on that trip. feeling pretty confident that My bad really bad rounds wont go over 90 now, and my good ones can stay mid 70s.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Played once this year and had a nightmare, waiting for better weather now, been pretty windy most the time here.

Really should hit a range or something though.

Brophs

The One and Only
Found myself down a Google rabbit hole of reading about Anthony Kim last night. Always like those mysterious stories about players basically checking out early and disappearing.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
played Tyneside in a gale yesterday, on one hole hit a 7 iron into a green from 130 and as the wind was so strong I clubbed 2 clubs up, it was 20 yards short, but on the flip side I hit a 4 iron from the tee into a 268 yard short part 4 and carried it into the bunker pin high, conditions were a joke but it was a good laugh, had to play loads of low runners and punches so it was a fun day all in all.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just came in to say I'm raging at the lockdown! Just getting into the golf season and nice weather! I thought golf would be pretty fine considering it's a pretty distanced game anyway. Wankers.

played Tyneside in a gale yesterday, on one hole hit a 7 iron into a green from 130 and as the wind was so strong I clubbed 2 clubs up, it was 20 yards short, but on the flip side I hit a 4 iron from the tee into a 268 yard short part 4 and carried it into the bunker pin high, conditions were a joke but it was a good laugh, had to play loads of low runners and punches so it was a fun day all in all.
Not played there before, looks a cracking little place aswell, not overly pricey and a grass driving range :drool: might have to give it a whirl when this is all over.

Full bodied red

Doug Sanders died yesterday.

Despite winning four majors, his legacy will almost certainly be the two foot ' tiddler ' he missed on the final hole to win the 1970 Open at St Andrews and then losing the play-off to Niklaus.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Just came in to say I'm raging at the lockdown! Just getting into the golf season and nice weather! I thought golf would be pretty fine considering it's a pretty distanced game anyway. Wankers.

Not played there before, looks a cracking little place aswell, not overly pricey and a grass driving range :drool: might have to give it a whirl when this is all over.
Where do you normally play? I'm not too fussed at the moment but I'm starting to get itchy feet

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Where do you normally play? I'm not too fussed at the moment but I'm starting to get itchy feet
One of the local courses in or around Hartlepool, we've got 3. Always travel to a few aswell, regulars are Sharpley, Romanby, Hallgarth (9 holer but it's a decent little place). Always looking for new courses.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
One of the local courses in or around Hartlepool, we've got 3. Always travel to a few aswell, regulars are Sharpley, Romanby, Hallgarth (9 holer but it's a decent little place). Always looking for new courses.
I was supposed to play Sharpley today, it was our annual pre holiday tournie to set handicaps but doesn't look like we're getting to Spain either. Some cracking courses that neck of the woods.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Health professor reckons we should open golf courses back up, maybe limiting age groups or something. I'd take that all day long!

Problem is, with half the country off work, they will be packed!

DVG7

Driving ranges open here, just hit about 250 balls. My swing has completely changed into something that doesn’t look good but feck it was consistent.

DVG7

heading back here for three rounds june 4/5, probably the best bit of escapism possible. courses expected to open here a week from tomorrow.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Wednesday in England! At last! Feels like an eternity. Expecting the courses to be packed though, especially as it's twosomes max, just means the foursomes be going out in 2 timeslots instead

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
How are they going to manage with holing a putt? Presumably you can't have a ball going in the hole and then fishing it out?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
How are they going to manage with holing a putt? Presumably you can't have a ball going in the hole and then fishing it out?
I've seen a few solutions, pool noodle in cup so it bounces off, if it stays within a club length it is holed, if it bounces further its not.

The above post video also

Cups with less depth so less likely to touch cup when getting ball out

DVG7

Of course the other option is generous Gimme’s, which I’ll happily endorse

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Golf on Tele now!

It's mint, no crowds, rangefinders allowed, golfers carrying their own clubs! Love it!

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
That Wolff guy has a horrible swing.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That Wolff guy has a horrible swing.
He could easily be low ball on his own ball today, kid’s a stud. It ain’t pretty, but he puts the club in a great position on impact & can repeat his swing. His swing makes the old golf axiom of ‘it ain’t how, but how many’ ring so true.

This is such a solid golf course. Great to see it without spectators.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Christ almighty, fecking giving this idiot airtime. Still spouting the same bullshit drivel. Just waiting for Obamagate to pop up any minute.

DVG7

Ricky clearly feels the pressure of the moment and the crowd, he’s lights out here

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It's basically everything you're taught not to do :lol:

It works for him though!
That isn’t correct at all.

There has been such a huge misconception in golf teaching over the last 30-40 years that has spoiled the game for so many people.

All that matters is impact. Every pro/good player looks near enough the same down at the ball. What you do before hand is actually pretty unique to you.

Plenty of amazing players are across the line at the top, Wolff is just an extreme example. When he hits his transition that club shallows out almost better than anyone.

Most amateurs struggle with a steep downswing, this move is a complete remedy to that almost instantly.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's basically everything you're taught not to do :lol:

It works for him though!
That’s not quite right. It’s the 18 inches before & after the ball that matter in the swing. If you can be on your proper plane through that segment of space & time, all will be good. He has some counterintuitive moves, but his lack of small twitch muscles having impact on his swing allows for repetition & power. If he has enough of those muscles in his short game, he will be an top player very soon. It’s refreshing to see this swing in the current golf world.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That isn’t correct at all.

There has been such a huge misconception in golf teaching over the last 30-40 years that has spoiled the game for so many people.

All that matters is impact. Every pro/good player looks near enough the same down at the ball. What you do before hand is actually pretty unique to you.

Plenty of amazing players are across the line at the top, Wolff is just an extreme example. When he hits his transition that club shallows out almost better than anyone.

Most amateurs struggle with a steep downswing, this move is a complete remedy to that almost instantly.
Well put. It’s interesting to see a lower body more active, don’t see back issues being an issue either unless very freaky in cause.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Not seen this guy you’re all talking about, is his swinger weirder than Travino? Or Furyk?