RedCafe has become toxic as feck.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Whilst I agree that it is sad that it has got to this, I think a lot of fans are feeling pretty helpless right now whilst watching the club continuously make mistakes. Not only this, but they try to fob the supporters off with obvious PR spin in the media, which only serves to stir the pot with those of us that can recognise when we're being 'had on'.

Unfortunately, it feels to most of us that to 'play nice' and offer constructive criticism whilst biting our tongues on other issues, simply lets those running the club off the hook. As fans we want to bring change, but we feel helpless because our owners and CEO insulate themselves from the public completely. There simply is no other way for us than to voice our discontent through any channel we can and, for once, I fully endorse it. I, and obviously most of you, can see that this club is just not meeting the standards expected of them. And let's be honest, they benefit immensely from the fans. The level of income we collectively spend to support them, the leverage such a huge and loyal fanbase brings in discussions with sponsors etc. We absolutely have every right to criticise. This club was started and built into what it was by the supporters and the local community. Never forget that this is our club, not theirs, and we are absolutely entitled to get angry when we can see it being run into the ground and sucked dry for all the money they enjoy because of us.

Sweet Square

We need an Ole Out thread tbh. It's not my personal view(I'd take United getting relegated if it meant we'd lose a large chunk of this God awful fan base)but it's clearly needed now.

The toxic stuff seems a lot worse because it's spread out across the forum rather then focused in one place. There's some threads on here that shouldn't be anything more than long post in a Ole Out thread.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Question is was it ever not toxic? Or is there any fanpage in the world not?
Well yes, I would venture to suggest. I loved it when I signed up, so many hilarious posters, lots of quality debate. I loved the general forum as much as the football. You just have to look harder to find the good stuff these days. Hard to prevent a forum modelling society, maybe that's even a good thing. Not for me, though. Hard to avoid the bile, the hate in here these days. I'm 50, so feel free to write me off as a dinosaur but conversation, even online, can be a healthy enriching experience that makes people think and come away feeling ok about their fellow man. Hard to believe anyone who spends a lot of time in here comes away with too much positivity these days.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
An you see that’s part of the problem.

It’s an internet problem, that you can’t have a discussion, it’s your view and everything else is wrong.

So if I put forward reasons why we didn’t spend the money that you thought we should, and defended the fact that the club are being prudent (Glazers and Woodward) in a pandemic - then I’m not a fan?

How insane is that? It’s no longer a discussion with arguments and reasons.

I don’t want to get into a discussion about the ownership and running if the club. Plenty of threads for that, but can you see that taking such a universal stance doesn’t help?

There’s no problem is having different opinions. Surely that the great thing about a forum?
Go and stand on the Stretford End (when you're allowed back in) and try and defend the owners and Woodward. Get back to me with your findings.

There's no problem having different opinions on things. I just can't believe we've even got people divided on them though. It should be 100% anti. They've been an absolute disaster for this football club.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
If you're not negative about every move United make you support the Glazers. And people wonder why this fanbase is so divided. :lol:

b82REZ

It's a reflection of how people feel. This great football club is crumbling. The days of us winning league titles and getting to CL finals are long long gone. When will we be back in contention for winning either? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? Possibly never again unless they sell up.

I'm starting to think the happy fans who put on a brave face and pretend all is fine are now more the problem than the toxic ones tbh. You're the type of fans who will ensure we never get this regime out. They throw you a second hand bone on transfer deadline day and you accept it and look for positives instead of calling them out on it.

Our fanbase is so divided it's scary. Anyone who defends the Glazers or Ed Woodward in any remote sense is no United fan in my eyes.
You've basically summed up what's wrong with the forum. You, and many others are not willing to listen to alternative arguments.

I may not agree with a person's opinion but I'm not arrogant enough to not listen to it and discuss it before dismissing it.

You've decided what constitutes a "proper fan", whereas I might thik people that are supporting the manager despite his mediocre performance are not real fans as they are dragging our club into mediocrity. Am I right? Are you right? Or are we both supporters that want the best for the club?

Strelok

Well yes, I would venture to suggest. I loved it when I signed up, so many hilarious posters, lots of quality debate. I loved the general forum as much as the football. You just have to look harder to find the good stuff these days. Hard to prevent a forum modelling society, maybe that's even a good thing. Not for me, though. Hard to avoid the bile, the hate in here these days. I'm 50, so feel free to write me off as a dinosaur but conversation, even online, can be a healthy enriching experience that makes people think and come away feeling ok about their fellow man. Hard to believe anyone who spends a lot of time in here comes away with too much positivity these days.
I get what you feel, yeah time has changed mate.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I think if Woodward resigned the mood would be lifted pretty much immediately. We have such a big fan base that there will always be some elements of toxicity. It is particularly bad now because the club is right now, particularly bad.
When whoever replaces Woodward doesn’t sign the latest superstar or makes a dud signing he’s going to get just as much stick. People love moaning about anything and there’s never been as many professional CEO’s, DOF’s, coaches or managers watch or post on the internet in the past.
all it takes is to read any few pages on here to see the contrasts in opinion on any matter and they’re entrenched opinions that you rarely see change so who ever the manager, DOF etc is going to be they’re going to get shit from some angle

Matriac

We need an Ole Out thread tbh. It's not my personal view(I'd take United getting relegated if it meant we'd lose a large chunk of this God awful fan base)but it's clearly needed now.

The toxic stuff seems a lot worse because it's spread out across the forum rather then focused in one place. There's some threads on here that shouldn't be anything more than long post in a Ole Out thread.
You do know that there's 1 big main Ole Out thread that's been going forever, plus a few new variations spawning after every bad result? :lol:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
A lot of the toxicity just originates from a sect of our fans having a cult like devotion to whoever our manager is. This was there under Moyes, Van Gaal and especially under Mourinho too.

Whenever the cult leader is under any type of pressure, the sect will burn down the entire club to deflect attention away from him.
Quite the opposite. It's fans that think changing one single thing will solve all our problems despite years of evidence to the contrary. Mainly:
- sacking the manager
- signing one particular player
- dropping one particular player

They will 'burn down the entire club' until they get their way on that one thing and then start again after the next defeat.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
For what it's worth, Chelsea's fanbase gets incredibly toxic when things at the club aren't great. It reared it's ugly when Mourinho had us in 16th place, and again when we finished 5th with Conte despite those poor seasons being sandwiched in between title wining seasons. Chelsea twitter has been in a perpetual state of civil war pretty much since 2015 when Mourinho was fired - reared it's ugly head in a really bad way again under Sarri despite the team performing relatively okay.

Arsenal's fanbase reached unprecedented levels of toxic at the end of both Wenger and Emery's time. I don't keep close enough tabs on other clubs but I'm sure it's the same. It's not nice but it's comes with the territory sadly, of being a sports fan and being active online.
As somebody above has noted, its social media and the internet generally. People vent their spleens without the social niceties. I'm an old git but I suspect eventually it will impact society and we will become less social animals.

I call it Anti-social media.

keithsingleton

Toxic probably the wrong word, more like frustrated watching the best club in the world continue to play out of sorts for many reasons. Ultimately regardless how we feel the manager nearly always gets the most stick. That's just how football is. With everything going in the world right now nothing surprises me anymore.

Bestietom

The mods do a decent job of chucking out those who regularly abuse. This is just another thread complaining about having to read criticism really, same as yesterdays attempt.
I agree. The mods do a good job. I have been on forums far far worse, with disgusting language and insults. Yes, we like to vent our anger when we are not doing so well, but if it is constructive and not abusive it is good.
Some dive on you when you give your opinion and think that theirs is right all the time, but this is expected on every forum.

Go and stand on the Stretford End (when you're allowed back in) and try and defend the owners and Woodward. Get back to me with your findings.

There's no problem having different opinions on things. I just can't believe we've even got people divided on them though. It should be 100% anti. They've been an absolute disaster for this football club.
I’m not defending them by the way, although some of what they get accused of I don’t agree with, but to have that approach, and to not even listen doesn’t help.

If I were to say I have some sympathy with the owners, does that make me not a fan? Because that’s what you said. I disagree with that, that’s my point.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Feels to me like a great deal of our fanbase clamors to the principle of the grass is greener and everything is wrong.

In real life people who complain about everything are the last ones you want around you, whereas here the mantra of a lot of posters is relentless negativity. It's not my favorite part of a fan forum but it attracts people from all walks of life.

Generally I prefer analysis and casual deduction when assessing why something goes wrong, rather than assume that everyone but me are clueless. This is true for the workplace and it's certainly true here.

For example: Ole gets the blame for the defense "being shocking". While Harry Maguire puts on his absolute worst football performance, makes some basic mistakes at a pub football level, and costs us a goal. In this incident, only Harry Maguire is responsible. You can't manage that type of brainfart out of someone. He shouldn't be making those mistakes regardless of who pick the team.

Causal deduction of the Tottenham debacle suggests that Harry Maguire is responsible for the actions set in motion that culiminated in a nightmare game everyone wants to forget. Harry doesnt make that mistake, Tottenham doesn't run away 6-1. Erik Lamela doesn't bring shame to the game by pretending to be in pain, Tottenham doesn't win 6-1.

You have to look at what happens, not just the end result and make a blanket conclusion that yep, everything is bad and fire everyone.

For me, actually talking about particular events in a game that ultimately leads to goals against or even missed chances going forward, is lot more helpful than "Fire everyone. Everyone are sh*t".

Being around negativity is exhausting, it drains the mind and brings you down.

So really, why spend all this energy complaining when you can actually talk about what is happening and come up with a solution?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The mods do a decent job of chucking out those who regularly abuse. This is just another thread complaining about having to read criticism really, same as yesterdays attempt.
Yesterday's "attempt" was around Man Utd fans / football fans in general being toxic and abusive towards respected Journalists and broadcasters because they didn't get a shiny new toy or being told something they don't want to hear.

This thread is about this forum and how divided and toxic it has become.

You can't paint personal abuse at players and managers as "critiscm" and expect to get away with it, it doesn't work like that.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The discussions were far more robust in the early years of the forum than they are now.

jackal&hyde

A lot of the toxicity just originates from a sect of our fans having a cult like devotion to whoever our manager is. This was there under Moyes, Van Gaal and especially under Mourinho too.

Whenever the cult leader is under any type of pressure, the sect will burn down the entire club to deflect attention away from him.
This is exactly the problem in many discussions. It couldn't possibly be that other people have different opinions, in this case that the team evolved over the last season the reason for support, no, it has to be cultish and irrational. That type of post then triggers a response and things escalate. It happens in many threads no matter the subject because some people can't help themselves to write like that; it's usually about Ole, Pogba.

Eplel

Different people have different opinions. That's why forums exist.

Yeah, being negative is toxic, but so is being condescending and thinking you're a better fan because you think everyone is beyond criticism.
It's expected that there will be controversy, the club is going through some shit for years now, and it doesn't look like we're improving as we should.

Water Melon

We really do have a bunch of mard arses supporting this club. Any criticism is labelled as toxicity and debate is often killed by Top Reds declaring how much better they are than the rest of us mere mortals who dare questions the decisions and selection of a manager who is yet to prove his credentials for the job.

50% of the posts in any thread is people complaining about people complaining. That's what killing the Caf, not people airing their issues. That's what a forum is for.
Seconded.

Crashoutcassius

It's very boring alright. There are still pockets of conversation to be had. The caf was nice for 8 months when these people just weren't able to post because we were either good or getting great results (except that pochetino fella who to be fair to him has a rubber neck and is always so polite)

Hopefully we get some results and there is some balance. The performances have legitimately been appalling but last season was far from it so there is hope

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Firstly this isn't an exclusively Utd problem, most teams have fans that vent when stuff goes downhill and disagree over the way forward. Football is a passionate sport and fans love their clubs, so it's always going to get emotional.

I think the key is to try and be respectful of other people's opinions. There's nothing wrong with wanting Ole out or wanting him to stay, it's an opinion. But claiming agendas, taking out your frustration on other posters, calling people deluded etc etc is just plain rude and disrespectful and makes the forum a worse place.

Calling people cnuts is fine and acceptable behaviour

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Feels to me like a great deal of our fanbase clamors to the principle of the grass is greener and everything is wrong.

In real life people who complain about everything are the last ones you want around you, whereas here the mantra of a lot of posters is relentless negativity. It's not my favorite part of a fan forum but it attracts people from all walks of life.

Generally I prefer analysis and casual deduction when assessing why something goes wrong, rather than assume that everyone but me are clueless. This is true for the workplace and it's certainly true here.

For example: Ole gets the blame for the defense "being shocking". While Harry Maguire puts on his absolute worst football performance, makes some basic mistakes at a pub football level, and costs us a goal. In this incident, only Harry Maguire is responsible. You can't manage that type of brainfart out of someone. He shouldn't be making those mistakes regardless of who pick the team.

Causal deduction of the Tottenham debacle suggests that Harry Maguire is responsible for the actions set in motion that culiminated in a nightmare game everyone wants to forget. Harry doesnt make that mistake, Tottenham doesn't run away 6-1. Erik Lamela doesn't bring shame to the game by pretending to be in pain, Tottenham doesn't win 6-1.

You have to look at what happens, not just the end result and make a blanket conclusion that yep, everything is bad and fire everyone.

For me, actually talking about particular events in a game that ultimately leads to goals against or even missed chances going forward, is lot more helpful than "Fire everyone. Everyone are sh*t".

Being around negativity is exhausting, it drains the mind and brings you down.

So really, why spend all this energy complaining when you can actually talk about what is happening and come up with a solution?
Bold 1 - I agree 100% - It was the same as Mourinho and now Ole, changing things doesn't always make things better & I suspect the same may happen under Poch if he were to come in.

Bold 2 - I agree 100% as well. The negativity breeds negativity and it eventually just boils down into vulgarity, abuse and arguments.

I'm hoping that this thread will help all of us come up with a solution to this forum because it's got to a point now, where me and it seem as though, from reading this thread, other posters don't want to come here any more.

Different people have different opinions. That's why forums exist.

Yeah, being negative is toxic, but so is being condescending and thinking you're a better fan because you think everyone is beyond criticism.

It's expected that there will be controversy, the club is going through some shit for years now, and it doesn't look like we're improving as we should.
I'm not disputing the fact that there are other opinions that's why forums exist, of course that's the case.

Negativity isn't the same as being toxic. You can be negative and criticise things but not to a point where players and managers and other posters are being called 'cretins'.

Bold: I will hold my hands up I have been a little sarcastic at times and sometimes it has bitten me in the arse and other times, I've done it to basically call out the toxicity, instead of helping to eradicate it, I've inadvertently helped to fuel it back at me.

K Stand Knut

Not too sure where to put this, but I enjoyed coming to this place over the years and only lately have started to post more.

But I have seen far too many posts lately that are being abusive to our own manager, abusive to our own players, abusive to the owners, abusive to the CEO it's just disgusting to see.

Plenty of Ole Out threads that come up time and time again, 'predicting the date of when Ole gets the sack', "next man utd manager xx/xx" - I hate to see it because those type of threads are just full of the typical toxic football fan.

"Predict the date Ole gets the sack" What the fcuk?!

Our club has become divided and this isn't the place nor is it the time to discuss those matters, which have contributed to it.

But I'm fed up of seeing people attributed to our club get personal abuse and disgusting takes thrown their way.

Just now the Maguire one, where someone is calling for a new captain at the club. Calling Maguire all the names under the sun over a 30 second clip of him calming Rashford down, accepting the ref's decision and getting the players to get back into the game again. (Again not the time to discuss it, go to the thread) - 30 seconds! They're basing his whole captaincy on 1 30 second clip. What's he gonna do shout and scream at the ref and get booked himself?

The toxicity has skyrocketed since not getting Sancho and people are slating every single player we have bought this summer. Yet we haven't even seen them play yet.

RedCafe is in danger of becoming a toxic place to be for Man Utd fans and we need to get back to how it used to be. A fun place to discuss, everything Man Utd related.
Add to this the toxicity towards the owners and people wonder why they are still our owners.

We are so split that any attempts to get rid of the Glazers/Ed are dead before they even Get going

Grande

Where else can you vent about United issues but a United forum. It's tough you just have to find threads that are less toxic. Once I have cooled down as I have from the weekend train wreck I avoid obvious land mines like Maguire and Ole threads.
I agree that some threads are always best to ignore, like the match thread for beginners. The reason is partly due to that so many supporters think they need to vent their anger in public, ie by writing on a forum. Or they just love to do it. I’m not going to change their minds, so I try to stay away from such ‘venting orgies’.
The thread starter is on to something, though, because it’s not just on match days or after a bad loss. It’s in most threads most of the time. It looks more like the ‘anonymous debates’ problem that it takes some self disciplin to not indulge in polarizing hyperbolics when discussing with a big group of strangers on the net. That self disciplin is helped by posting culture, but the more posters lacking that self diciplin, the weaker that posting culture becomes.

It improved certainly when we were the best PL team for six months and made third place and Euro semis. But even then, there were so many posts written in a derogatory way, and also thefeeling that many where just sitting on their axes, waiting for the next loss.

I think it’s a moderating issue about what kind of place mods want this to be.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
But I have seen far too many posts lately that are being abusive to our own manager, abusive to our own players, abusive to the owners, abusive to the CEO it's just disgusting to see.

"next man utd manager xx/xx"
Oh my, how can United fans possibly discuss who should manage their club next when everybody knows we have the new Sir Alex currently managing us!?

Back in the real world, Manchester United is one of the biggest clubs on the planet which is now a team that yoyos between top 4 and 5th/6th for the last 8 seasons now. If you expect United fans to be "happy" then let's also accept that we are not an ambitious club and stop all and any complaining against the Glazers and accept our place as an also ran that is fine with watching City and Liverpool win everything.

I don't get this obsesion some have with the current state of the club needing to be seen as acceptable or just fine. And you'll respond by saying "But it's about stopping abuse and not wanting everything smiley!". Well, that's the nature of the beast which is social media in this case. Redcafe exists within modern society not outside of it. People are angry with the way the club is run, they will vent that feeling - especially on the biggest United forum.

Someone said in another thread that they havent seen another place where people are clamouring for a "safe space" as we see at the caf, and I agree with that.

dev1l

Every knows who the toxics are. People who contribute nothing except negativity.
There s nothing wrong in being critical but some people give a negative slant to any news. Some throw the toys out of the pram when the club does something which they do not agree with. The they wait for a bad performance from the team and claim they were right.
If the team does well, they try to "defend their negative opinion" by attributing the success to luck.
They also cite "high standards"" for their negative stance. Moaning doesn't bring success. Only Constructive criticism can help.

amolbhatia50k

Barely even 4 games in and already people asking for Ole to be sacked after the miracle he pulled off last season, getting United CL football which is what the fans at the very least wanted. How can the higher ups ever listen to these fans when they act like this so easily. Also I’m getting the feeling a lot of fans just refuse to be patient with the rebuild. One or so bad performence and the player is bad forever and such. Especially since there’s a lot of seasoned fans on here and even they become so reactionary with every inconvenience. Like the match day threads are a cesspool of hate.

Just too much crap being sprouted. You can’t ever win with this lot. Guess what genius. If precious Poch comes in and the exact same problems still persist in the end, then you’ve sacked a manager had the right idea for the club. Give the Ole some time. He’s dealing with idiots like Ed. I hate the Glaziers too, but there’s nothing that they will do to change that. Though the first few games have been bad I’ll admit. Should definetly be performing better. But I’m not asking for the sack. Maybe I am completely wrong and I’m not seeing it the right way.
:lol:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We really do have a bunch of mard arses supporting this club. Any criticism is labelled as toxicity and debate is often killed by Top Reds declaring how much better they are than the rest of us mere mortals who dare questions the decisions and selection of a manager who is yet to prove his credentials for the job.

50% of the posts in any thread is people complaining about people complaining. That's what killing the Caf, not people airing their issues. That's what a forum is for.
Seconded.
Is it really criticism or is it abuse?

Usually I find when people say that sweeping statement they're masking their abuse as criticism when it's just not needed.

That being said I do agree with you on this:

You've basically summed up what's wrong with the forum. You, and many others are not willing to listen to alternative arguments.

I may not agree with a person's opinion but I'm not arrogant enough to not listen to it and discuss it before dismissing it.

You've decided what constitutes a "proper fan", whereas I might thik people that are supporting the manager despite his mediocre performance are not real fans as they are dragging our club into mediocrity. Am I right? Are you right? Or are we both supporters that want the best for the club?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
@UnitedSofa you have made two threads since yesterday: One criticising how fans treat journalists and one criticising the way the CAF's gone.

Putting aside the fact that, in broad terms, I agree with you about how journalists are treated, I don't see how its okay for you to vent but nobody else to.

Basically you've started two threads telling the rest of the world that you disapprove of how many of us are prats. Personally, I have no issue with that. Nothing wrong with someone having an opinion. On one of those counts, as I said, I agree with you.

However, if you are entitled to air your opinions why be surprised at others doing the same? Why be surprised if those opinions are not relentlessly positive? We are not exactly riding high. Again, I actually agree with you that sacking Ole would not solve anything. However, I don't think you can expect people to have a happy outlook when we are in a bad place right now.

Is the CAF toxic? Well that's an opinion. Plenty on here disagree with me. That's their right. I still think its the best forum for Man Utd chat. That is just my opinion though.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I have no problem with people posting negative opinions so long as they are backed up or explained in some way. They may well be right or wrong, and being challenged to prove their point is what the forum is all about.

I have a massive problem with one-liners such as 'he'll turn to shit when he gets here' or 'he'll be off to Madrid next year'. No reason given, just pointlessly negative. These posters are fortunate I'm not a mod.

Bestietom

Firstly this isn't an exclusively Utd problem, most teams have fans that vent when stuff goes downhill and disagree over the way forward. Football is a passionate sport and fans love their clubs, so it's always going to get emotional.

I think the key is to try and be respectful of other people's opinions. There's nothing wrong with wanting Ole out or wanting him to stay, it's an opinion. But claiming agendas, taking out your frustration on other posters, calling people deluded etc etc is just plain rude and disrespectful and makes the forum a worse place.

Calling people cnuts is fine and acceptable behaviour
Agree 100%.

Denis79

The entire internet is toxic, it's a big hateful place. I guess it's because it's a platform where we're allowed to be ourselves, we don't have to conform to stupid social norms and be nice to each other, so we say exactly what we're thinking. And no chance of getting your face full of fist for it.
It's not just the internet or Red Cafe. United fans aren
Not too sure where to put this, but I enjoyed coming to this place over the years and only lately have started to post more.

Plenty of Ole Out threads that come up time and time again, 'predicting the date of when Ole gets the sack', "next man utd manager xx/xx" - I hate to see it because those type of threads are just full of the typical toxic football fan.

"Predict the date Ole gets the sack" What the fcuk?!

Our club has become divided and this isn't the place nor is it the time to discuss those matters, which have contributed to it.

But I'm fed up of seeing people attributed to our club get personal abuse and disgusting takes thrown their way.

Just now the Maguire one, where someone is calling for a new captain at the club. Calling Maguire all the names under the sun over a 30 second clip of him calming Rashford down, accepting the ref's decision and getting the players to get back into the game again. (Again not the time to discuss it, go to the thread) - 30 seconds! They're basing his whole captaincy on 1 30 second clip. What's he gonna do shout and scream at the ref and get booked himself?

The toxicity has skyrocketed since not getting Sancho and people are slating every single player we have bought this summer. Yet we haven't even seen them play yet.

RedCafe is in danger of becoming a toxic place to be for Man Utd fans and we need to get back to how it used to be. A fun place to discuss, everything Man Utd related.
You're just as guilty of this and this post proves it, why not pour a bit of gasoline on a fire? This post is nothing but a whine about the fans who don't share your opinion, nothing else.

Matriac

:lol:

Shit! I've had that thread on ignore for weeks. My bad.
To be fair, I've been thinking I might finally have to do that as well. Would be the first thread if so.
Even though that makes me a bit sad since there would be one less positive voice in there.

But then I guess nothing is ever gonna actually change from a forum anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
Can't even really change someones opinion online, have to sit down (ideally face to face) and discuss to hash out opinions for that. :)

Bestietom

I have no problem with people posting negative opinions so long as they are backed up or explained in some way. They may well be right or wrong, and being challenged to prove their point is what the forum is all about.

I have a massive problem with one-liners such as 'he'll turn to shit when he gets here' or 'he'll be off to Madrid next year'. No reason given, just pointlessly negative. These posters are fortunate I'm not a mod.
Then there wouldn't be a forum mate. You will always get some clowns just wanting to stir it on a forum. Sometimes it's better to ignore them.

amolbhatia50k

Quite the opposite. It's fans that think changing one single thing will solve all our problems despite years of evidence to the contrary. Mainly:
- sacking the manager
- signing one particular player
- dropping one particular player

They will 'burn down the entire club' until they get their way on that one thing and then start again after the next defeat.
I think most people here feel we need all the above as well as replacing Woodward and reshaking the structure a fair bit.

Not many people here feel dropping Lindelof/signing Sancho/sacking Ole solves everything. But every correct decision is a step in the right direction (unless you make the same mistakes again or dont combine it with other good decisions).