Redcafe Snooker

Alemar

It’s looking good, after a 115 break Judd is leading 8-5, final is the best of 17, so 1 frame left to win

Alemar

Some really amazing piece of snooker by Ronnie to make it 8-7, but it’s 9-7 Trump in the end of the day. Deserved, fully deserved - Ronnie was good but Judd was just better

ChrisNelson

To be fair Ronnie was only playing at a 6/10 level for the vast majority of the match.

Judd let him have a sniff when he went up 7-3 then took his foot off the gas but Ronnie played far too much loose snooker to give himself a chance of winning.

This is a great time of year for snooker fans as the Northern Ireland Open goes back to back with the UK Open, then the Scottish Open and the Grand Prix, 4 tournaments in a row without a day between them!

Normally travel isn't really an issue anyway because they're all in the UK however will be even easier this year with everything at the same venue for the time being.

Zen

Hendry getting a wildcard and not using it sums a lot of the frustration up about how the tour does things sometimes. Hearn's done a lot of good stuff, but what was the point of that free ride?

ChrisNelson

Day 3 at the UK Championship.

Most of the big guns have found their way through so far, some easier than others. Ronnie plays tonight.

Some intriguing and difficult to call second round matches on the cards already including Dave Gilbert vs. Rob Milkins, Mark King vs. Graeme Dott (proper battle that one) and Mark Williams vs. Sunny Akani which should be a belter.

There's some others in the mixer too, Ali Carter will play Ricky Walden if he beats Ashley Carty and Nigel Bond, who reached the QF's last year is on course to meet Ronnie if they both win their opening matches.

Strange how the seedings work at the UK, Ding is number one seed because he is defending champion yet sits 10th in the rankings.

It also means we won't have a repeat of the Northern Ireland final from Sunday as Ronnie is seeded 2 and Judd 3.

acnumber9

Hendry getting a wildcard and not using it sums a lot of the frustration up about how the tour does things sometimes. Hearn's done a lot of good stuff, but what was the point of that free ride?
Publicity? Hendry said he’d no interest in playing without crowds so I wouldn’t be surprised if he never actually makes the comeback.

Zen

Publicity? Hendry said he’d no interest in playing without crowds so I wouldn’t be surprised if he never actually makes the comeback.
But he knew this when accepting the card for this year at least. Probably short on time to accept, so probably impulsive - similar to Scholes rejecting the World Cup calls that he wanted more time to accept. No one wants their favourite to go out like Ray Leonard....

acnumber9

But he knew this when accepting the card for this year at least. Probably short on time to accept, so probably impulsive - similar to Scholes rejecting the World Cup calls that he wanted more time to accept. No one wants their favourite to go out like Ray Leonard....
He must’ve thought there was a chance there would be fans. I don’t think any comeback would go well for him. He’d long since lost it.

ChrisNelson

Been a long time since I've known a tournament where such a big majority of the top players have cruised through so easily.

I wonder if it has had an effect that snooker clubs have been shut. Only a handful of the higher ranked players have access to a table at home and some of the lower players will not have been practicing anywhere near as much as normal.

Zen

Been a long time since I've known a tournament where such a big majority of the top players have cruised through so easily.

I wonder if it has had an effect that snooker clubs have been shut. Only a handful of the higher ranked players have access to a table at home and some of the lower players will not have been practicing anywhere near as much as normal.
I know 2 tour players and 2 further ones who've been past round 1 in q-school, all have access to their own tables even in deepest of lockdown. Star Snooker used to give them out for winners of their tournaments.

All had them in their parent houses growing up .... but only one still there, so access isn't 'at home' per say.

Last edited:

Alemar

Murphy and Allen are also out now, quite a lot of surprises so far.

ChrisNelson

Ding, Yan and Gilbert also got knocked out over the weekend, although the latter has been in dreadful form pretty much since he reached the World SF last year.

Relatively open but still some top players remain - Higgins, Selby, Lisowski, Hawkins, Robertson, Trump, Williams, Bingham, Wilson and Maguire who I saw win it at York in 2004.

There are also some others in there who are fearless and will provide some headaches for those players, such as David Grace (SF'ist in the NI Open), Rob Milkins (plays Barry Hawkins and can beat anyone on his day), Anthony McGill, Liang Wenbo (plays Trump), Ricky Walden (plays Williams), Graeme Dott (plays Bingham), Kurt Maflin (plays Wilson), Elliot Slessor (thrashed Murphy and has a winnable game vs. Lu Ning), Joe Perry and Alex Ursenbacher (beat Ronnie).

Some great games to come over the next week and looking forward to having Thursday & Friday off work to watch it (as I should have been there in person).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Looks like it will be another Robertson-Trump final. Robertson looked untouchable today against Selby and Trump IS untouchable right now

Alemar

So we have another Robertson - Trump final. Neil plays some fabulous snooker, and Trump is just Trump (10 finals won in a row)

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Trump is in fantastic form but he wasn’t flawless tonight. Lu had his opportunities and messed them up which gave Judd too many chances to punish him. Should be a great final, don’t care who wins but I want a final frame decider.

Alemar

Trump - Robertson 4-4 after the first session. Great final so far, and not that much between the players.

Perhaps Neil plays a bit better, but only just, and the same thing happened in their previous final which Trump has won 9-8

predator

Youth NITK
Im only catching abit of this final now. Are there fans present? I can't see any but I can hear them. York is in tier 2 isn't it?

Zen

No fans until the Masters I believe.

Quite fancy Neil to win, Judds been iffy from Walden onwards(basically where I've watched him from), so yeah, Neil's been the tourneys finer player, but both playing mixed here.

Jagga7

What a tense final frame! The pressure seems a bit too much for Robertson at the moment.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
This is like watching paint dry. Awful.

Spending 90% of their time just walking up and down the table looking at the same ball they've just looked at.

This could end sometime Tuesday afternoon at this rate.

I know it's a deciding frame but Christ.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I've only just tuned in. Who won the last frame?

Jagga7

Robertson is bottling this so much, he usually knocks these reds in for fun, now he's too scared to even take them on.