Redcafe Snooker

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Recorded it and just watched it. Wow, did not see that coming after the first frames. Well played Allen. What a match.

Parma Dewol

As well as Allen played - he showed great fight throughout the tournament - I was amazed at the almost complete collapse from Ding. He was playing so well, and then suddenly was hitting almost every shot far too thick.

Reinforces how difficult snooker actually is. These top players sometimes make it look effortless but lose your focus just a fraction and every pot becomes an almighty challenge. It looked so hard for Ding toward the end. Shame he couldn't get his composure back, would have been nice to see him at The Masters.

ChrisNelson

147 in the opening frame for Judd Trump in the Scottish Open against Mitchell Mann, some fantastic shots in there.

Had Discovery+ on earlier and watched a polar opposite (deciding) frame between Ricky Walden and Mark King where virtually all of the reds ended up in baulk.

A real fascinating, chess like frame which Walden won.

Defending champion Luca Brecel went out yesterday as did Stuart Bingham.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Insane few days for the sport. Yan Bingtao now the 7th player suspended for match fixing allegations

ChrisNelson

Sh*t just got very serious now Yan is involved.

I think although it's been a very bad few days for snooker, and will take some of the shine off the English Open which started today (hopefully 2 really high profile players in an epic final will help get things moving in the right direction again), it's Chinese snooker in particular that's suffered huge damage.

It was only over the weekend that Ding did an interview saying snooker was struggling and needed new ideas, and he raised the point of how different formats of pool are popular in China and can offer huge prize money.

It's so sad to see this happening but so many of the players struggle to make ends meet and it must be even worse when you're so far from home.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Snooker is unfortunately done as a top level sport. No money in the game and most sponsors are betting companies. Does anyone seriously believe that this is an issue only affecting the Chinese players? Hard to trust anything anymore

cyberman

Snooker is unfortunately done as a top level sport. No money in the game and most sponsors are betting companies. Does anyone seriously believe that this is an issue only affecting the Chinese players? Hard to trust anything anymore
They’re already taking about non lifetime bans, it’s going to be a shit show from here on in.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Very entertaining session from Trump and Day. I love being off work when the snookers on.
They were both absolutely awful weren't they? Feel bad for Day but he was by far his own worst enemy. He'll never have an easier opportunity to beat Trump.

predator

Youth NITK
They were both absolutely awful weren't they? Feel bad for Day but he was by far his own worst enemy. He'll never have an easier opportunity to beat Trump.
Yeah Day shouldve won at the end. They both made so many mistakes which made it entertaining. Ronnie vs Williams tomorrow should be a cracker.

Wilt

Ronnie, Mark snookers‘s two biggest characters should be a good match

ChrisNelson

Williams playing at about 6/10 at the moment and Ronnie just taking advantage, it's like candy from a baby.

My Twitter nemesis needs to win this frame to give himself even a sniff of getting back in to the match.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Williams playing at about 6/10 at the moment and Ronnie just taking advantage, it's like candy from a baby.

My Twitter nemesis needs to win this frame to give himself even a sniff of getting back in to the match.
Ronnie's starting to get old (finally). He can't see out tournaments where he's actually concentrating. 3-0 up, should have been 4-0, but lost to Williams 6-5. Not good enough really.

Wilt

Ronnie's starting to get old (finally). He can't see out tournaments where he's actually concentrating. 3-0 up, should have been 4-0, but lost to Williams 6-5. Not good enough really.
Load of bollocks :lol:

He‘s very recently won the….

Hong Kong Masters

The Champion of Champions

He’s also the Current World snooker Champion

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Emm..... he is the current world champion.

Bertie Wooster

Good win for Jack tonight. :)

After only winning 4 frames in his previous three attempts at The Masters, that's two good victories so far. Though it's going to be a tough SF, and a further test of his mental strength, against Mr Cool Mark Williams.

Bertie Wooster

That was a mad choice by Judd.

So many players seem to prefer to take on an almost impossible shot rather than just take the much easier shot on a lower value colour and accept a re-spotted black.

For me, if you're playing catch up in a frame and can confidently expect to clear up pottable balls for the 50-50 of a re-spot, it's the better option than gambling on an unlikely, hail mary type of shot that if you miss you lose the frame there and then. But I see that option taken so often.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
Maybe it’s harsh but it seems like Barry Hawkins exists only to bore the life out of the weaker opponents (and very occasionally a better player) and then inevitably be a free pass to the next round for whoever he faces in the latter rounds.

cyberman

Judd widely missing and looking on as everything goes safe anyway is a superpower.

Bertie Wooster

Maybe it’s harsh but it seems like Barry Hawkins exists only to bore the life out of the weaker opponents (and very occasionally a better player) and then inevitably be a free pass to the next round for whoever he faces in the latter rounds.
I think the 'free pass' for later opponents is harsh. He's a solid player who is capable of beating anyone in one-off games, so they usually need to play quite well to beat him.

But I agree about the 'boring' part. He's got a solid all round game, with no great strengths or weaknesses, which gets him to a solid, lower top 16 level - but in a pretty uninspiring, under the radar type of way.

Drawfull

I think the 'free pass' for later opponents is harsh. He's a solid player who is capable of beating anyone in one-off games, so they usually need to play quite well to beat him.

But I agree about the 'boring' part. He's got a solid all round game, with no great strengths or weaknesses, which gets him to a solid, lower top 16 level - but in a pretty uninspiring, under the radar type of way.
He's the Cameron Norrie of snooker

predator

Youth NITK
The faces of Hawkins and Trump when they came out for the final frame was were amazing. That ally pally crowd to be fair are great.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Mental health check two times a year for all players in the pro tour should be mandatory imho if not already.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
The longevity of that Williams/Higgins/O'Sullivan generation is just incredible. As a Hendry fan back in the day, always wondered why he was pretty much done by his mid thirties.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Great final, gutted mark has has let his lead slip after getting back into it. Judd looking good now