Redcafe Snooker

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
It was this infamous frame against Alain Robidoux. He felt insulted that Ronnie was taking shots left handed and generally pissing about and as a result the idiot Robidoux behaved like a child and refused to concede the frame even when needed about 10 snookers :lol: Ronnie had to play a practice match against some ex pro to prove he wasn't messing around and won 3 out of 3 frames playing entirely left handed, so the case was dropped.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
:lol:I remember that. Just watched it again, it's funny, especially when Ronnie starts playing the pink safe when he has easy pots on. The commentators are so po-faced about it- 'this is beyond the referee's jurisdiction, he can't force players to pot the ball.'

@Sixpence Do you remember the spat Mark Williams had with Ebdon (I think)? Ebdon kept fist-pumping and shouting 'YES' whenever he did a good pot, so Williams started doing it as well, taking the piss? I remember Ronnie sat with his towel over his head while Ebdon bored him into defeat one time. Snooker and darts spats are funny, I guess partly cos they are rare so unexpected.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just seen the Ronnie - Robidoux video for the first time. It's brilliant. Robidoux just looks like a grumpy old man who is angry that a young lad is destroying him. The story of Ronnie having to go infront of a board to prove he could play left handed is also awesome :lol:

Ronnie playing quite well so far, not his best but I wasn't expecting him to play out of this world at the start, although, better than most would. Had a century in his second frame, I think it was. Bingham - Doherty seems a nice match poised at 5-4.

Sweet Square

Big fan of Ronnie(Would love Ken to win it this year)but he's fans are already at it. Clapping and applauding for some of the most basic shots I've also heard someone in the audience shout 'Come on Ronnie' and he was 4-1 up at the time.:houllier:

Jippy

Staff
Just seen the Ronnie - Robidoux video for the first time. It's brilliant. Robidoux just looks like a grumpy old man who is angry that a young lad is destroying him. The story of Ronnie having to go infront of a board to prove he could play left handed is also awesome :lol:

Ronnie playing quite well so far, not his best but I wasn't expecting him to play out of this world at the start, although, better than most would. Had a century in his second frame, I think it was. Bingham - Doherty seems a nice match poised at 5-4.
Yeah that video is a classic. Saw a bit of his match earlier and he didn't need to get out of second gear. If he wins it ranked 33 in the world he must be one of the biggest 'outsiders' to do it in years. Can't remember what his ranking was last year.

Duafc

Village Lemon
:lol: Murphy with a lovely long pot into a blind pocket only to see the white go in off 3 cushions.

He's still got one of the best actions in the game - His long pots are a joy.

Liked him better when he was a big lad though.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Murphy is a wonderful player when he wants to be. Best cue action in the game for me. He's usually better in the longer format matches.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I just checked the players walk on music on the official website... Noticed Mark Allen has Bjork's 'Oh so quiet' :lol:

Skills

Snitch
It's incredible how easy they make it look. I can barely cue straight.

Jippy

Staff
Just watching a bit of Day-Maguire. Day playing well enough but I'm realising that there really are only a handful of players I actually enjoy watching.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Ding out. And now Higgins. Ronnie will breeze to another title here. Ding is such a disappointment every single time at the worlds.

Skills

Snitch
Murphy's the only one who can stop Ronnie. Nobody's beating him in the final though if he gets there - 5-0.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Seen about 10mins of his match here thigh an he's playing well! Looks very focused too. If he keeps this kind of snooker up I wouldn't rule him out of winning the full thing.

Then as I type this he cocks up and goes for a tough pit to let tom ford in.

Sweet Square

I concur, I absolutely hate him.
Don't know if you've seen the interview he did today with the bbc. But he comes across a very materialistic and fame hungry, does he not realise he's a SNOOKER player.Saying that I can for the most part give and take the fame stuff because he's still pretty young(it's not really a excuse) and massively rich for someone he's age the more annoying part is the it's more the arrogance he's got in himself. You've got to have good self-belief if your playing sport at a high level but he's just comes a cross as arrogance.

Judd I honestly couldn't give a shit what pair of shoes your wearing today.

I watch a bit of snooker(the stuff on the bbc and some odds bits on eurosport)and his arrogance is way above his actually talent. He's good but were not talking about O'Sullivan or Hendry levels and his far less entertain than a player like Jimmy White or Alex Higgins. He's a good player who plays for the most part attacking snooker but at the moment that's all he is.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Don't know if you've seen the interview he did today with the bbc. But he comes across a very materialistic and fame hungry, does he not realise he's a SNOOKER player.Saying that I can for the most part give and take the fame stuff because he's still pretty young(it's not really a excuse) and massively rich for someone he's age the more annoying part is the it's more the arrogance he's got in himself. You've got to have good self-belief if your playing sport at a high level but he's just comes a cross as arrogance.

Judd I honestly couldn't give a shit what pair of shoes your wearing today.

I watch a bit of snooker(the stuff on the bbc and some odds bits on eurosport)and his arrogance is way above his actually talent. He's good but were not talking about O'Sullivan or Hendry levels and his far less entertain than a player like Jimmy White or Alex Higgins. He's a good player who plays for the most part attacking snooker but at the moment that's all he is.
He's a decent potter, decent safety, but he is a moron when it comes to shot choice at important points in games. He tries to play his "naughty snooker" which is basically "stupid snooker".

I didn't see the interview today, I would have turned it off tbh. I know what you mean about his arrogance. I find Shaun murphy the same. It's like he is a massive top player who should get to change things in the sport to suit him.

I quite like mark Allen, not the greatest at snooker but voices his true opinions about the sport and people in it.

I still don't forgive murphy for getting a frame added to his score because Magyars forgot his chalk before. Still lost the match mind.

Kag

With Ding out, I can only see Robertson stopping Ronnie this year. Selby is due a good Worlds, and Murphy suits the long format, but it all seems a little predictable when Ronnie's concerned.

acnumber9

O'Sullivan also has a big advantage by being able to pick and choose what tournaments he wants to play in. Makes it a bit of a farce.

Sweet Square

He's a decent potter, decent safety, but he is a moron when it comes to shot choice at important points in games. He tries to play his "naughty snooker" which is basically "stupid snooker".

I didn't see the interview today, I would have turned it off tbh. I know what you mean about his arrogance. I find Shaun murphy the same. It's like he is a massive top player who should get to change things in the sport to suit him.

I quite like mark Allen, not the greatest at snooker but voices his true opinions about the sport and people in it.

I still don't forgive murphy for getting a frame added to his score because Magyars forgot his chalk before. Still lost the match mind.
The interview was horrible. It's Judd talking about getting rid of his shoe addiction(He has now since gone on to some sort restaurant addiction)Judd talking about Ferrari's and how he would like to being appreciated more in the Uk like he is in China.

Also he committed the ultimate sign of someone with no self awareness he said he 'can understand has difficult it must be footballer today with all the attention they get'

Which he would have a point he if wasn't somebody who turns up to snooker events in a fecking FERRARI.

It's worth looking for the interview because it's a very good example of how to hate someone who actually knowing anything about them.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
One player having an advantage over the others. Either you play on the tour or don't.
Why? Everyone has that same choice. If they were good enough and confident enough they could do it. Nobody is forcing them to goto every tournament. It's their decision, their career. It's like life, if you're not good at something, you have to work harder at it that others who are.

acnumber9

Why? Everyone has that same choice. If they were good enough and confident enough they could do it. Nobody is forcing them to goto every tournament. It's their decision, their career. It's like life, if you're not good at something, you have to work harder at it that others who are.
You shouldn't be able to just pick and choose. I'm sure there are some who can't afford to take the risk. It's simple. If you want to be a snooker player then play in the tournaments.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
You shouldn't be able to just pick and choose. I'm sure there are some who can't afford to take the risk. It's simple. If you want to be a snooker player then play in the tournaments.
Eh? Read what I said again. It pretty much explains why he can pick and choose. It's not his fault the other players aren't upto a standard where they can afford to choose.

The system is changing anyway I think, they said it's going to start going off prize money earned I think.

Also, how does ronnie not playing in tournaments give him any real advantage? He's not getting actual match practice before big tournaments, which a lot of the players prefer to do.

Also the snooker calendar is ridiculous these days anyway. There's a tournament/event just about every week.

acnumber9

Eh? Read what I said again. It pretty much explains why he can pick and choose. It's not his fault the other players aren't upto a standard where they can afford to choose.

The system is changing anyway I think, they said it's going to start going off prize money earned I think.

Also, how does ronnie not playing in tournaments give him any real advantage? He's not getting actual match practice before big tournaments, which a lot of the players prefer to do.

Also the snooker calendar is ridiculous these days anyway. There's a tournament/event just about every week.
I don't need to read it again. It's a way to make a living for them. O'Sullivan no longer needs it and can pick and choose when he wants to play. They don't all have that luxury and many have complained of fatigue when it comes round to the World Championship as they've been flying round the world playing games and not getting any rest or time to practise. Of course it is an advantage.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't need to read it again. It's a way to make a living for them. O'Sullivan no longer needs it and can pick and choose when he wants to play. They don't all have that luxury and many have complained of fatigue when it comes round to the World Championship as they've been flying round the world playing games and not getting any rest or time to practise. Of course it is an advantage.
Well then they should have practiced more to be as good as ronnie and be in his position.

People in snooker use fatigue as an excuse. Murphy has changed his diet and stuff, think he jogs or something too now and says he has benefited from it.

So maybe these people who feel fatigued are doing something else wrong?

I still don't see it as an advantage. Nobody is forcing them to play that many tournaments. Infact, if there is so many overly bothered about it they should basically strike and miss certain tournaments as a group.

acnumber9

Well then they should have practiced more to be as good as ronnie and be in his position.

People in snooker use fatigue as an excuse. Murphy has changed his diet and stuff, think he jogs or something too now and says he has benefited from it.

So maybe these people who feel fatigued are doing something else wrong?

I still don't see it as an advantage. Nobody is forcing them to play that many tournaments. Infact, if there is so many overly bothered about it they should basically strike and miss certain tournaments as a group.
That would do the game a world of good.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The commentary is getting worse, balls going nowhere near the pockets and they're screaming "where's it going" "could be a double!!" "Oh it's close"... Really winding me up.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Robertson is playing very well once again, on 95 centuries for the season now :houllier: The old record was 61 or 63 by Judd Trump, Robertson has completely smashed it to pieces and is 6-1 up looking highly likely to play at least one more round here. Can see him getting another century or 2 in this match, which would leave him needing 3. Really hope he does it. Although, he'll be twitching when he's on 99 centuries and like 70-80 points for his 100th.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Robertson is a quality player, no.1 in the world for a reason. Probably the only one who can realistically take advantage of a drop in Ronnie form.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Mark Davis looks like Henry Francis off Mad Men.

And how gay is Dominic Dale.