Redcafe Snooker

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Mark Davis looks like Henry Francis off Mad Men.

And how gay is Dominic Dale.
He was a likeable fella a couple year ago, coming out to stupid music, messing around, while looking like Till Lindemann from Rammstein.

I seen he recently had his hair dyed bright blonde and sticking about, he's even trumped up with the worst shoes on the planet. Midlife crisis I reckon.

Claymore

O'Sullivan also has a big advantage by being able to pick and choose what tournaments he wants to play in. Makes it a bit of a farce.

Actually he has a major disadvantage over most players as he has suffered with depression and various other mental demons due to his life, hence why he hates doing all the media circuit stuff and more tournaments. He loves the game but not all the junk that comes with it, yet if he abstains from interviews and what not a bit he gets Fatty Murphy moaning about it.

Ronnie is within his full right to do what events he wants, and as a consequence he gets a low rank when really he's number 1 and everyone else are miles off him. Only he can beat himself, like v Ebdon when he was time wasting or v Higgins the grinder. If he stays calm and focused its game over, which his running seems to help massively with.

Just hope he can turn this Perry 9-7 around, either way what he did winning it without much tournament time then doing it again puts him above anyone, let alone the things mentioned above.

Worst characters in the game for me are Murphy, Robertson and Joe Allen, come across like real arse holes. Robertson actually makes the best giggle, not his crazy comments or arrogance, its the fact he thinks he a rock star, modern day Paul Hunter, when really he's just a ginger. :lol:

acnumber9

Actually he has a major disadvantage over most players as he has suffered with depression and various other mental demons due to his life, hence why he hates doing all the media circuit stuff and more tournaments. He loves the game but not all the junk that comes with it, yet if he abstains from interviews and what not a bit he gets Fatty Murphy moaning about it.

Ronnie is within his full right to do what events he wants, and as a consequence he gets a low rank when really he's number 1 and everyone else are miles off him. Only he can beat himself, like v Ebdon when he was time wasting or v Higgins the grinder. If he stays calm and focused its game over, which his running seems to help massively with.

Just hope he can turn this Perry 9-7 around, either way what he did winning it without much tournament time then doing it again puts him above anyone, let alone the things mentioned above.

Worst characters in the game for me are Murphy, Robertson and Joe Allen, come across like real arse holes. Robertson actually makes the best giggle, not his crazy comments or arrogance, its the fact he thinks he a rock star, modern day Paul Hunter, when really he's just a ginger. :lol:
Well you haven't a clue what personal issues other players have. O'Sullivan isn't unique in having difficulties in life. If he wants to be a snooker player he should play the same tournaments as everyone else.

Claymore

Well you haven't a clue what personal issues other players have. O'Sullivan isn't unique in having difficulties in life. If he wants to be a snooker player he should play the same tournaments as everyone else.

No, you are WRONG, he should have to play whatever tournaments he wants to, as per the rules by the WSA or Barry Herne. Plain and simple, you don't like it, lump it. He takes the piss with this game and is still the best.

Agree with you about the other point, I've not met all the players let alone know what they have, but watching Ronnie's behaviour over the years its clear to anyone he has the biggest issues in his life, certainly with the game and its commitments. No? I mean look at the times he's sat there with a towel on his head, blown kisses at the camera, walked out on Hendry early or just not been bothered, let alone all the comments about quitting the game. Just take a genius (no pun).

acnumber9

No, you are WRONG, he should have to play whatever tournaments he wants to, as per the rules by the WSA or Barry Herne. Plain and simple, you don't like it, lump it. He takes the piss with this game and is still the best.

Agree with you about the other point, I've not met all the players let alone know what they have, but watching Ronnie's behaviour over the years its clear to anyone he has the biggest issues in his life, certainly with the game and its commitments. No? I mean look at the times he's sat there with a towel on his head, blown kisses at the camera, walked out on Hendry early or just not been bothered, let alone all the comments about quitting the game. Just take a genius (no pun).
It's not keeping me up at night I promise you. He has an advantage though. All those things aren't something I feel sympathy with him for. We've all had problems. We don't all act like arseholes to others.

Claymore

It's not keeping me up at night I promise you. He has an advantage though. All those things aren't something I feel sympathy with him for. We've all had problems. We don't all act like arseholes to others.

O'sullivan has an advantage getting less tournament practice and having a crazily low rank? Not to mention earning less money than he could...

Why don't you look into fatty Murphy's past problems and the later comments he made about Ronnie and his issues with media commitments before you climb on that high horse mate. Clueless.

acnumber9

O'sullivan has an advantage getting less tournament practice and having a crazily low rank?

Why don't you look into fatty Murphy's past problems and the later comments he made about Ronnie and his issues with media commitments before you climb on that high horse mate. Clueless.
He doesn't have to travel round the world all year and can practise if he wants to.

I think you're getting a little too emotionally invested in this. You should probably lie down for a while.

Claymore

He doesn't have to travel round the world all year and can practise if he wants to.

I think you're getting a little too emotionally invested in this. You should probably lie down for a while.

Personal insults, really? LOL. What just because a couple of people brought you up on this crazy idea that Ronnie doing less snooker benefits him in the ways you think. Yeah. It only benefits him in the issues he has personally, health wise and with his family. Nothing more. He would earn less money.

Claymore

Either way acnum, I don't care mate, I just want to watch Ronnie, as do most, he on and off the table, his character around it is what brings us to the table/screen/cruicible. Not the other bums, and to him they are bums, ha. This you need to learn to deal with, pretty soon.

acnumber9

You definitely need a good lie down. When you wake up you'll probably realise that I just hold a different opinion to you about a snooker player.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
26. Highest break of Ken Doherty.

One has to wonder how he managed to win three frames.

Perry grabs 11-9 lead over O'Sullivan. Major shock inbound.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
11-11.

First time the match has been level since the start. Ronnie been behind the whole way.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Personal insults, really? LOL. What just because a couple of people brought you up on this crazy idea that Ronnie doing less snooker benefits him in the ways you think. Yeah. It only benefits him in the issues he has personally, health wise and with his family. Nothing more. He would earn less money.
There wasn't a single personal insult in what he said. If anything you insulted him by calling him clueless, stop being weird.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
He has gone into God mode. The cannons he plays are perfection. Still not over though, Perry just needs a chance.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
2 centuries in the last 2 frames, snooker perfection. Perry was brilliant throughout but you could visibly see the moment O'Sullivan went into top gear and then there's no stopping him. He's untouchable playing like that and that is the reason everyone pays to see him.

But I'm most impressed with his mentality there, he was behind all the way and could conceivably have been so close to defeat, but he kept grinding away and then he turned it on at the crucial time. One of the best matches I've seen for a good few years. Deserved a better placement than a last 16 match.

Ivor Ballokov

Seriously? He was stunning in those last few frames. Such amazing cue power and just sheer genius.
Don't get me wrong I can appreciate what a wonderful player he is, but when he's playing like that he's just too good and I find it lacks tension and competition.

The crowd reaction to him is the worst though.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Even though he kind of annoys me with his antics sometimes O'Sullivan is incredible when he's playing like that. Perry played a good game but O'Sullivan was too good for him in the end.

Ivor Ballokov

The commentators don't help either at times but I can understand that, he's the only star left in the game (no matter how much they push Trump down our throats) and he equals ratings.

Even when he's struggling it's that he's lowered his game rather than being outplayed.

I quite like him personally though, or at least like his honesty.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I don't mind the commentators fawning over him, they just recognise greatness when they see it and we all do it and it is merited because he's so damn good. It'll be a sad day and a hammer blow for the sport when he quits.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Good effort from Ken there- 11 reds and 11 blacks before running out of position. He's mainly been awful all match so dunno where that came from.

Kag

I've decided, Judd Trump has a more punchable face than Daniel Sturridge. Hope he gets smashed.

Redo91

Is that BBC's coverage over for the evening? There doesn't seem to be any of the matches on the red button and they only mentioned the BBC website for watching live snooker.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Ronnie's half of the draw has really opened up for him. You never know, but I can't see Murphy beating Ronnie with the type of game Murphy has.
The bottom half of the draw is really tight. Robertson is obviously the favourite. But, Trump seems to be playing far more maturely and he's probably the most talented player left apart from Ronnie. Selby has been grinding results out and he's a great match play player, so you can't rule him out. A Ronnie vs Robertson final anybody? That would be a good'n!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ronnie looked anxious before he walked out then had an awful break (for him anyway)... Luckily it's over a few sessions so ronnie should prevail. Still 0-0 but ronnie not looking like a confident ronnie.