Redcafe Snooker

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Murphy trying to keep playing aggressive, progressive snooker in an attempt to keep from getting bogged down by Selby but I just don’t think he’s going to have the quality and consistency for it to get him over the line.

I think we are going to see Murphy clock up 30-50 points in a lot of these frames and Selby doing enough to keep squeezing him out.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This has been a really good final, you can see how much pressure the final of the world championship brings on as both the guys have just one century each but the overall quality has been excellent. So so impressed by Murphy who has been incredible on long pots and has actually played good safety too

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Murphy trying to keep playing aggressive, progressive snooker in an attempt to keep from getting bogged down by Selby but I just don’t think he’s going to have the quality and consistency for it to get him over the line.

I think we are going to see Murphy clock up 30-50 points in a lot of these frames and Selby doing enough to keep squeezing him out.
Yeah, his break building will have to be right at his top level to beat Selby in a long race.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Just realised that Murphy looks like Haaland on a pie rich diet.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He’s nearly as bad as Ebdon at times.
Nearly but Ebdon was another level on the shithousery. Selby is just massively pragmatic and has no problem grinding a game down to its worst form because he knows he can operate within those conditions. Ebdon was an arsehole who would nip home mid-frame to get his chalk and stop to watch Lord of the Rings if he thought he could get away with it.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The jester from Leicester showing us all what a light hearted and funny chap he can be.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I dont watch any Selby matches. Just brutal where he grinds you down. Its the equivalent of watching a Mourinho team.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I dont watch any Selby matches. Just brutal where he grinds you down. Its the equivalent of watching a Mourinho team.
Not really. He’s very capable of breakbuilding, he’s just able to do the tactical stuff better than anyone else

Brophs

The One and Only
Any lingering shots of Selby’s missus? If she ever turns up dead in a suitcase it was 100% the director of the BBC snooker coverage.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Would love to see Murphy storm back and win but just can’t see it happening now. He’s had his chances and Selby is not one to gift opportunities to. Excellent player Selby, one of the greats but just so underwhelming.

Last edited:

RUUD_10_LEGEND

Not really. He’s very capable of breakbuilding, he’s just able to do the tactical stuff better than anyone else
This. He's seriously the most complete player there is and fully deserves to move onto four world titles tonight.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I would have begrudged him before this tournament to level Higgins but can't take it away from him now. I've never seen a player get the cue ball to settle on the top cushion as consistently as Mark Selby.

Wilt

Calls himself the ‘jester from Leicester’ with a face like a smacked arse

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
How is Shaun still not finding the baulk cushion ? His safety has been so bad.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
These pockets are like 9 ball pockets.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Calls himself the ‘jester from Leicester’ with a face like a smacked arse
I’m sure he used to be more of a jovial character when he was younger. I think he’s got more miserable in recent years which probably coincides with how good he has become

Duafc

Village Lemon
Murphy like a new man now that he’s not going in off every break

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Some great shots from Murphy there. Hoping he can win the next few and put the pressure on Selby.
Exhibition stuff. Probably feels the pressure is off a bit now he’s not expected to win it. That green in particular was lovely, great cue power and control, much harder than glancing it around the angles.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Early days but as good an opportunity for a 147 as any.