Redcafe Snooker

Ainu

You've got to think that Trump will win a few in the next decade or so. Then again, that's what I thought 10 years ago and it took him long enough.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Jimmy White reckons he could get 10 :lol:

I think he has at least another in him

Skills

Snitch
Crazy how hes racked up the titles in the last 10 years to finally match the talent

I thought he looked finished around 2011 when he just stopped playing

cyberman

A lot of people talk about age but this is the first time a generation of players haven't been left behind by the evolution of the game and we are seeing extreme longevity because of it. Unless there's a massive leap in standards over the next ten years then this lineup could have little change for many world championships

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
A lot of people talk about age but this is the first time a generation of players haven't been left behind by the evolution of the game and we are seeing extreme longevity because of it. Unless there's a massive leap in standards over the next ten years then this lineup could have little change for many world championships
If anything the generation below has regressed. I think Robbie’s generation had the peak conditions for it in terms of table quality, coaching quality, opportunities, amateur tournament quality and structure, the lot.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Ronnie was the last leap.

It's going to need something incredible to push the game forward more. We can only hope!

Skills

Snitch
Ronnie was the last leap.

It's going to need something incredible to push the game forward more. We can only hope!
I thought Trump & Robertson had also been a step improvement.

Tbf, they've both racked up the titles across the entire tour. Just hasn't reflected at the world championship, but as we've seen with Ronnie there's still plenty of time to do that.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I thought Trump & Robertson had also been a step improvement.

Tbf, they've both racked up the titles across the entire tour. Just hasn't reflected at the world championship, but as we've seen with Ronnie there's still plenty of time to do that.
They haven't changed the game though, not like Davis, Hendry and Ronnie. Which is why the old guard have longevity (also with improved sports science of course).

There's not a lack of talent though for sure!

Sweet Square

Without question. He’s always passed the eye test, now he’s got the stats to back it up.
Agree along with longevity. I think the next question is how Ronnie compares to other sporting greats(If snooker is a sport, then he has to be in the mix of the greatest British sportsman of all time).

Balljy

Is he? I know he struggled with alcohol and drugs at some point. Anyway, Jimmy will have to drink for two then.
Jimmy is in alcoholics anonymous I think after all his drug and drink problems.

Skills

Snitch
They haven't changed the game though, not like Davis, Hendry and Ronnie. Which is why the old guard have longevity (also with improved sports science of course).

There's not a lack of talent though for sure!
Mark Williams was probably the last player to change the game. But imo, they both perfected the mix of outrageous long potting, combined with incredible break building.

I believe they're both on course to break Ronnie's centuries record (they both score them at a better rate than O'Sullivan) which is ridiculous considering how great O'Sullivan is at break building.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Agree along with longevity. I think the next question is how Ronnie compares to other sporting greats(If snooker is a sport, then he has to be in the mix of the greatest British sportsman of all time).
He’s like Ronaldinho had the discipline of Ronaldo