Gaming RedCafe's Greatest Video Games Of All Time Contest (ROUND 4)

Bosws87

How is it better? The single player campaign was naff. I suspect it's because it went online.
I've only recently played them last couple of months on Halo:MCC i found 2 was by far the best of them all.

No Battle Rifle either which is iconic for the game.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
1. Shadow Hearts
2. Summoner
3. Kingdom hearts
4. Xenosaga 1&2 (comes in a package)
5. Dragon quest 8

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
1. PES 6
2. Metal Gear Solid 2
3. Mortal Kombat Deception (the first introduction of the story mode that resurrected the franchise)
4. GTA Vice City
5. Onimusha 2

I didnt like MGS 3 as the plot had become too convoluted at that point IMHO.

paulscholes18

1 This is football 2002
2 WWE Shut your mouth
3 WWE here comes the pain
4 GT 3
5 GTA III

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
1. PES
2. Way of the Samurai
3. Soul Calibur 2
4. Gladius
5. Vice City

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Can you specify which PES please?
I don't remember since I played many during that era. Just put the one that has the highest vote totals, they were all outstanding in my mind.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Nah check PES 6, it's doing ok.

Have you done your list mate?
1. GTA: San Andreas
2. PES 2014
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Capcom vs SNK 2 (arcade perfect, so breaks my 'not originally for this system' rule)
5. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR)

If removing CVS2, MGS 2 would go in. A top 10 would be completed with these: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker; Metroid Prime; Metroid Prime 3; F-Zero GX; Super Mario Sunshine.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
2. PES 2014
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Capcom vs SNK 2 (arcade perfect, so breaks my 'not originally for this system' rule)
5. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR)

If removing CVS2, MGS 2 would go in. A top 10 would be completed with these: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker; Metroid Prime; Metroid Prime 3; F-Zero GX; Super Mario Sunshine.
Good man!! CvS2 is fecking amazing and I really wanted to add it to my list but couldn't think of any to lose. I won £200 in a tournament in that game and spent it all back in the arcades like an idiot :lol:

Surprised you didn't include SF Third Strike, is that because of your arcade port rule?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Good man!! CvS2 is fecking amazing and I really wanted to add it to my list but couldn't think of any to lose. I won £200 in a tournament in that game and spent it all back in the arcades like an idiot :lol:

Surprised you didn't include SF Third Strike, is that because of your arcade port rule?
KOTOR is also such a legendary game hoping to get it in later.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
1. Metal Gear Solid 2
2. PES 4
3. Metal Gear Solid 3
4. GTA: San Andreas
5. Dynasty Warriors 3

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I know that this is a subjective list, but, as a hardcore fan of the series, I would like to ask the PES voters to double-check if they are remembering correctly and if they are voting for the correct game. PES 6 is almost universally regarded as the best entry of the 00s (and arguably the entire series) by the community and it is a bit surprising to see other editions get so many votes.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

The Dreamcast really did manage some incredible things in terms of arcade ports: Power Stone, VF 3, SF III: 3rd Strike, Rival Schools 2, Fighting Vipers as well as pretty solid Super Turbo (that would brick Dreamcast's when two people were using the official joysticks :lol: ).

To be honest, with a selection of 5 games, a lot that might have been considered have to be canned - I wouldn't have included 3rd Strike for the reason you stated, but also because I'm going by the innovations for each console. Bringing the Naomi technology to the Dreamcast and essentially replicating the arcade game was a stunning effort, so it gets in both on being a brilliant game and the achievement and strives taken to plonk it in a pretty meagre (in relative terms) home console.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
GTA: San Andreas
Halo 2
Shadow of the Colossus
PES (no idea what number)
Resident Evil 4

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
1. GTA 3
2. Super Smash Bros Melee
3. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
4. Zelda Wind Waker
5. Star Wars Rogue Squadron II

I probably bought and played the most games of this gen and yet there weren't many games I absolutely loved compared to the last 2 rounds.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I probably bought and played the most games of this gen and yet there weren't many games I absolutely loved compared to the last 2 rounds.
You know I was just thinking of how the PS2 would win the console wars based on previous threads here, but these games I wouldn’t place at the top of a combined list of all the consoles. Volume probably plays a part in that context, I suppose.

Deery

Dreary
1. Warzone Verdansk
2. GTA San Andreas
3. Read Dead Redemption 2
4. God of War
5. The Warriors

GueRed

All PS2

1. PES 5
2. PES 3
3. GTA Vice City
4. GTA San Andreas
5. Conlict Desert Storm

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Reading this thread reminds me how much I used to absolutely love PES. Shame it fell off a cliff because FIFA is just an awful game...

Moby

Dick
Reading this thread reminds me how much I used to absolutely love PES. Shame it fell off a cliff because FIFA is just an awful game...
Yeah, PES during the 00s was brilliant. I also enjoyed FIFA during those years because it was just a full of glitches mindless fun which was a laugh to play with others. So many absolute shithousery that was done every game. :lol:

Ainu

PES was pretty good around 2016-18, at least the on-pitch stuff. Maybe not as good as PES 6, but still among the best in the series in my opinion. I don't really understand what on earth they did with the most recent versions, they were on a decent run before that and just ruined it completely.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
PES went abit sh*t once Seabass was getting less and less hands-on with the series.
Plus they found it incredibly hard to move-on from the PS2 onto later console models. The production costs just got higher, especially as EA's Fifa series was starting to get a grip on those newer consoles. The players movements was a particular criticism of the PES games on the newer versions.

Minkaro

2. WWE Here Comes The Pain
3. Burnout 3: Takedown
4. Shadow of the Colossus
5. Okami

Very much going heart over head here. HCTP isn’t the second best game of that generation, but I put so many hours into it.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
2. WWE Here Comes The Pain
3. Burnout 3: Takedown
4. Shadow of the Colossus
5. Okami

Very much going heart over head here. HCTP isn’t the second best game of that generation, but I put so many hours into it.
I loved that HCTP game. It was my favourite of the series.

GueRed

Sure.

:D
[/QUOTE

Forgotten I had the game till i saw it on your list!

An underrated game. Got mixed reviews at the time.
But I loved it! Tactical shooter which was easy to pick up and play.

Spent many hours single-player and multiplayer with brothers and friends on it.

Conflict Desert Storm 2 was quality as well.

b82REZ

I have it in third on my list but seems like I'm the only one so far. :( So few mentions of Burnout 3 as well.
It is a stacked generation to be fair so something was always going to miss out. Surprised by the amount of votes for PES though. I loved them during that generation but for me voting for a football games seems pointless as they've been iterated on so much over the years.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It is a stacked generation to be fair so something was always going to miss out. Surprised by the amount of votes for PES though. I loved them during that generation but for me voting for a football games seems pointless as they've been iterated on so much over the years.
Same, if the poll was based on hours played, PES would probably win, as me and my mates spent soo much time playing them but I couldn't class them as the 'greatest' game.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
2. Halo 2
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (or 6, they are essentially the same game)
4. Timesplitters 2
5. Super Mario Sunshine

Just missed: Dragon Quest VIII; Halo CE; GTA Vice City; God of War; Mario Kart Double-dash; Gran Turismo 4

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
2. Halo 2
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (or 6, they are essentially the same game)
4. Timesplitters 2
5. Super Mario Sunshine

Just missed: Dragon Quest VIII; Halo CE; GTA Vice City; God of War; Mario Kart Double-dash; Gran Turismo 4
Good to see someone else giving Timesplitters 2 the love it deserves. That was a wicked game and had so much replay value, it kept me addicted for ages.