Redcafe's UCL greatest goal of all time.

meamth

I've searched for the thread, in conjunction with our return to the Champions league this season, what is your top UCL goal of all time?

inspired by this video:

Mine should be the Ronaldo bicycle kick vs Juventus.

matsdf

For me the Zlatan goal against Anderlecht, just the perfect shot.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bales bycicle against Liverpool

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Has to be Ronaldo or Bale's overhead's. I'll go Bale cause it was against Pool in the final so wins by default.

Chief123

I've searched for the thread, in conjunction with our return to the Champions league this season, what is your top UCL goal of all time?

inspired by this video:

Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal for us against Porto away has to be up there.

It’s probably the most purest strike I’ve ever seen in that situation where someone is running with the ball. You can get pretty awesome hits from dead balls, but for Ronaldo to get it out of his feet and absolutely thunder bolt it from so far out while the ball was moving was just incredible. It was hit so pure that the ball never started dipping down at any point during its journey. Even when I watch it back I can’t believe how far out it was. It’s hard to fault the keeper even though it was so ridiculous which is saying something.

Chief123

Another honorary mention has to be the stunning counter attack goal against Arsenal. Ronaldo and Rooney on the break. The speed of the counter was frightening.

Havak

Pokemon master
Ronaldo & Bale bicycle kicks are up there, along with the Zidane volley, Messi dribble.

In terms of United, I really like Ronaldo's 40+ yard effort against Porto and his finish to the counter attack against Arsenal. Scholes against Barcelona as well. While it was somewhat of a 'regular 30 yard hammer', it was just a special goal in more ways than one. Along with those, I think half the goals in the 7-1 drubbing of Roma were just outrageous. Both of Carrick's goals were worldies, while the Rooney goal and the Alan Smith goal in particular were just 'Manchester United goals'.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal for us against Porto away has to be up there.

It’s probably the most purest strike I’ve ever seen in that situation where someone is running with the ball. You can get pretty awesome hits from dead balls, but for Ronaldo to get it out of his feet and absolutely thunder bolt it from so far out while the ball was moving was just incredible. It was hit so pure that the ball never started dipping down at any point during its journey. Even when I watch it back I can’t believe how far out it was. It’s hard to fault the keeper even though it was so ridiculous which is saying something.

It was fantastic wasn't it. Would love to know the speed it was travelling, looks like it could have flown the whole distance of the pitch :lol: what power.

I remember watching it at home and doing laps of my living room as I was in such shock. The good old days :o

Chief123

Ronaldo & Bale bicycle kicks are up there, along with the Zidane volley, Messi dribble.

In terms of United, I really like Ronaldo's 40+ yard effort against Porto and his finish to the counter attack against Arsenal. Scholes against Barcelona as well. While it was somewhat of a 'regular 30 yard hammer', it was just a special goal in more ways than one. Along with those, I think half the goals in the 7-1 drubbing of Roma were just outrageous. Both of Carrick's goals were worldies, while the Rooney goal and the Alan Smith goal in particular were just 'Manchester United goals'.
We must have wrote this at the same time haha.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Think it has to be Bale's bicycle kick in the final.

Paula

Supports
Bayern
the one of Bale was better, dont you think so?
But i would also go with Zidane’s volley vs Leverkusen.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not sure if it's the best or anything, but I love how the ball never touches the ground:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bale. The goal itself is magnificent but the context completes it.

Out of favour at Madrid, winning goal in the final and it’s against Liverpool. Perfection.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Zidane v Leverkusen or Bale v Liverpool in the final.

Both amazing goals and harder to score under pressure in the final. The Bale one is more difficult to repeat I think, I reckon he could try that 100 or a thousands times again and it not go in like that.

Andeva

Supports
FK Haugesund

This is the one for me. And Ronaldo header against Rome.

GuyfromAustria

Don't see the videos at work, but it would be nice if someone remembers some goals which aren't that obvious. (non-United or non-final)

Mauro Bressan or Philippe Mexes always come to mind - very similar and ridiculous bicycle kicks

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Bale or ronaldo overhead kick for me. Bales looks better as it’s from a faster paced cross but ronaldo is running away from goal and still gets good power on it. It’s amazing.

Zidanes is over rated for me, I can appreciate its a good volley but they are fairly easy to catch right imo although he sets himself for a it superb. It’s a goal I’d say I’d have a chance of hitting even if it was one in a million. Bales or ronaldos, no chance.

Nickelodeon

Alan Smith (0:40-0:56). 4 one touch passes followed by a first time finish. That's what United are all about.

Also, another reason to look at the complete highlights.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Bale or ronaldo overhead kick for me. Bales looks better as it’s from a faster paced cross but ronaldo is running away from goal and still gets good power on it. It’s amazing.

Zidanes is over rated for me, I can appreciate its a good volley but they are fairly easy to catch right imo although he sets himself for a it superb. It’s a goal I’d say I’d have a chance of hitting even if it was one in a million. Bales or ronaldos, no chance.
That volley was his weaker foot. I dont know the goal just looks perfect.

Nickelodeon

Don't see the videos at work, but it would be nice if someone remembers some goals which aren't that obvious. (non-United or non-final)

Mauro Bressan or Philippe Mexes always come to mind - very similar and ridiculous bicycle kicks

'What the feck was that?' was the only reaction I've had on this goal

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
In the rich archives of goals against Liverpool, I always liked the 3 minutes of domination here (39.55-42.50)

And in terms of final goals, this probably deserves a shout given it'd have been a bowling ball at the time

MichaelRed

Ronaldo's goal vs Porto is my favourite goal of all time, not just by a United player or limited to the CL. I've just never seen a ball hit so cleanly before then or since then. Stunning assist from Anderson too :wenger:

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Probably Bale given the context, but Alexander Pato's goal right after kickoff vs Barcelona was spectacular to watch.

Lynty

Bale v Liverpool

But there have been so many contenders. Messi v Boateng is one I always enjoy to watch.