Reddit ITKs v2 | Home of the muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjimmybyrondean

From Muppetiers transfer table:

One of vdD/Grealish = 70%
Only Grealish = 50%
Only VdB = 50%

Not sure if dodgy numbers, or i'm an idiot, or both. But I'm liking the confidence since they put 95% for Sancho transfer :cool:
The thing about this is if you asked the CAF about the probability of these transfers using just reports from journalists it will be the same percentage as this

crossy1686

career ending
I think this is a perfect example of how it's almost impossible to be correct or "ITK" about anything unless you're the agent or the DOF themselves.

Things can change so quickly and you rely on peoples word. For all we know Herrera didn't want to admit to Mitten he was going to leave so just told him he's likely to stay to save face.

Clearly Mitten is very well sourced at the club, knows loads of old players and the staff on personal names so he's better positioned than most at United, but even he got that spectacularly wrong.

Of course United have probably looked at alternatives to Sancho, Ole himself admitted we have a shortlist of players to work on, it probably goes something like 1. Sancho. 2. Coman. 3 Dembele etc...

People hear different things and sometimes it's purposeful leaks, but we won't really know.
Glad you've quoted a Mitten story actually as it gives me the opportunity to highlight the podcast him and Whitwell were on today where they discussed United's transfer dealings.

Mitten talks here about the potential Coman deal. Say's he's known about the interest for 3 weeks, his source is a very good one, on Friday he did his job and followed it up by speaking to the people involved and then the outcome of that.

Anyone interested in listening to it can do here, starts 20 minutes in but the whole podcast is worth a listen:

I will absolutely guarantee we start seeing ITK's now talking about Coman more.

Last edited:

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Glad you've quoted a Mitten story actually as it gives me the opportunity to highlight the podcast him and Whitwell were on today where they discussed United's transfer dealings.

Mitten talks here about the potential Comen deal. Say's he's known about the interest for 3 weeks, his source is a very good one, on Friday he did his job and followed it up by speaking to the people involved and then the outcome of that.

Anyone interested in listening to it can do here, starts 20 minutes in but the whole podcast is worth a listen:

I will absolutely guarantee we start seeing ITK's now talking about Comen more.
Who is Comen?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Who is Comen?
Kingsley Coman at Bayern. Bayern told City to feck off when they asked about him and will do the same to us if we are asking.
Absolute bollocks that we have any chance of getting him.

Nick7

Seems to me like all the ITK talk seems to be around players the mainstream media has already identified as United having an interest in.
Not a single one of them managed to spot that kid from Barcelona leaving to join United. Funny that isn’t it?
No, no, no, you don’t get it. One of the ITK’s said we were signing a young player. They “couldn’t name him” because of his age though. So everyone following them is saying that ITK was right again because we signed a young player.

That’s how they get people thinking they’re reliable. Say vague nonsense and spin that into correct information.

Jim Reaper

I find the people who get worked up by this stuff so funny. It has little to no effect on your life, especially if you choose for it to not to. Yet we have grown men having a go at other grown men over something generally harmless.

People believe in religion too you know guys, sometimes faith trumps any sort of logic :lol::wenger:
This. 100 times this. If you don't believe in it just don't get involved. Do you also walk into places of worship from religions you are not a part of and tell them it's all bullshit?

SATA

No, no, no, you don’t get it. One of the ITK’s said we were signing a young player. They “couldn’t name him” because of his age though. So everyone following them is saying that ITK was right again because we signed a young player.

That’s how they get people thinking they’re reliable. Say vague nonsense and spin that into correct information.
Why can’t they ‘name’ the young player though? I’m just being thoroughly curious

cyberman

Itk3 said Grealish price wouldn't go up.
Hours later its quoted at 80m.

So yeah.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I find the people who get worked up by this stuff so funny. It has little to no effect on your life, especially if you choose for it to not to. Yet we have grown men having a go at other grown men over something generally harmless.

People believe in religion too you know guys, sometimes faith trumps any sort of logic :lol::wenger:
It actively contributes to the dumbing down of the forum. The rise of the “ITK” has coincided with the spoiled idiotic armchair fan and it is not a coincidence.

Mindhunter

Mitten talks here about the potential Coman deal. Say's he's known about the interest for 3 weeks, his source is a very good one, on Friday he did his job and followed it up by speaking to the people involved and then the outcome of that.

I will absolutely guarantee we start seeing ITK's now talking about Coman more.
Thanks for recommending. Will definitely check this out.

Adamsk7

I mean it’s clearly bull. Saying that reliable journalists will often contradict their “truth” by denying deals to save clubs face or keep things under the radar is quite frankly ridiculous.

Like I’ve said before, I do have a close relative at a high profile club and whenever I tell them about things like that they just laugh. Running a football club is not the Illuminati.

The only people that know about a deal are very close to the deal. These people do not have time for running their mouths on forums. These are powerful, high earning people. To think that they come home after a long and stressful day and open up “The Muppetiers” is laughable.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This. 100 times this. If you don't believe in it just don't get involved. Do you also walk into places of worship from religions you are not a part of and tell them it's all bullshit?
Reminds me of the Ricky Gervais skit.

"I don't want guitar lessons"

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If and when we sign Sancho, they get no credit for that. I’m quite confident that we will sign at least one player we have yet to be extensively linked with. I’m waiting for these clowns to go big on one of those guys. Sancho is almost an inevitability, and they will just keep moving goalposts u til he is eventually announced.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It actively contributes to the dumbing down of the forum. The rise of the “ITK” has coincided with the spoiled idiotic armchair fan and it is not a coincidence.
The idiotic armchair fan is a problem not solely related to ITKs. But ITKs seems to be the easy target.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The idiotic armchair fan is a problem not solely related to ITKs. But ITKs seems to be the easy target.
Can I ask you something, why are you so determined to believe them?

And what will it take for you to realise they’re phony?

Cliche Guevara

Yeah but if they tell me not to get my child vaccinated because God will cure him I’d tell them to feck off.

If they tell me their holy man is reliable because he cured his own Corona Virus by drinking holy water, I will point out the fact he died seven days later.

This is the thread to post it in absolutely. And I agree we should have a thread like this where people can discuss the ITKs. I don’t think it has to be no questions asked, however. I mean I think there’s yet to be an explanation for the claim that Sancho was flying to London last week, when it turned out he was flying to Ibiza on holiday.

sport2793

Can I ask you something, why are you so determined to believe them?

And what will it take for you to realise they’re phony?
What would it take for you to leave this thread? No one cares about how much you hate ITK info. Sounds like you need some hobbies to keep you occupied.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What would it take for you to leave this thread? No one cares about how much you hate ITK info. Sounds like you need some hobbies to keep you occupied.
:lol: it was a genuine question, do you realise how weird it sounds when you get that defensive over little kids making stuff up in their bedrooms?

sport2793

So today is the day we’re announcing Sancho isn’t it?
Here is what was said: " Deal to be concluded by the 28th of July. Has been fully briefed that the deal is accepted and happening and preparing for next phases. "

This is from ITK 1 who is not considered one of the main "reliable" ones. The problem with the above statement is that if it's not announced today then this will look to be inaccurate + the ITK can easily backtrack and say "done doesn't mean announcement".

For what it's worth, I called attention to this particular issue to the mod in the scenario that Sancho reports to Dortmund for training:

Mod: "Just a reminder - the entire purpose of the ITK info is to be ahead of the media cycle. The pogba deal took 12 days to break that we were working the new contract. Sancho pushing for the move took... 3 weeks.
Again, in the last podcast and video I went over this in detail but deals are veeeerry often “done” before reported. Don’t you guys recall pogbas hairdresser leaking his move to United almost 3 weeks prior to it being done?
Be patient. This is a key week for news. But be patient. Not asking you to believe anything, but if you believed it before today’s news should literally change nothing for you."

Me: " I'm with you but it would be odd if Sancho reports back to Dortmund for training. Definitely would send different signals then "done, accepted, finito!", don't you think?"

Mod: "If he returns to training that would be... interesting. I agree. My personal opinion is that it would mean we are a step further back than we thought.
That being said I don’t actually know. He’s a contracted player with Dortmund. If they’re still passing things through legal, he may keep training just because why not? But admittedly I don’t know enough about those final details to say one way or another. It’s something I hope to learn more about at some point.
We always assume a player won’t train if the deal is agreed or that close. And it’s logical of course. At the same time clubs agree deals months or a year in advance and play full games... so maybe it doesn’t really mean anything? I can’t say I know.
What I know for SURE is when the deal is submitted through FIFA the player is released from training. Prior to that step they are not released. That step can be some time after things are all agreed between the 2 clubs due to the need for proof of funds and all of that (ie putting money in an escrow etc)."

This is why all this "ITK info" needs to be taken with a serious grain of salt. You can't be one of these idiots in the thread crying about why people want to discuss this or be an idiot on the opposite side thinking that this information is as good as your holy book of choice.

Robertd0803

Why can’t they ‘name’ the young player though? I’m just being thoroughly curious
If I remember the context is the young player is under 15 or something like that and it was academy related so they didnt want to name.

Stevondo8

Here is what was said: " Deal to be concluded by the 28th of July. Has been fully briefed that the deal is accepted and happening and preparing for next phases. "

This is from ITK 1 who is not considered one of the main "reliable" ones. The problem with the above statement is that if it's not announced today then this will look to be inaccurate + the ITK can easily backtrack and say "done doesn't mean announcement".

For what it's worth, I called attention to this particular issue to the mod in the scenario that Sancho reports to Dortmund for training:

Mod: "Just a reminder - the entire purpose of the ITK info is to be ahead of the media cycle. The pogba deal took 12 days to break that we were working the new contract. Sancho pushing for the move took... 3 weeks.
Again, in the last podcast and video I went over this in detail but deals are veeeerry often “done” before reported. Don’t you guys recall pogbas hairdresser leaking his move to United almost 3 weeks prior to it being done?
Be patient. This is a key week for news. But be patient. Not asking you to believe anything, but if you believed it before today’s news should literally change nothing for you."

Me: " I'm with you but it would be odd if Sancho reports back to Dortmund for training. Definitely would send different signals then "done, accepted, finito!", don't you think?"

Mod: "If he returns to training that would be... interesting. I agree. My personal opinion is that it would mean we are a step further back than we thought.
That being said I don’t actually know. He’s a contracted player with Dortmund. If they’re still passing things through legal, he may keep training just because why not? But admittedly I don’t know enough about those final details to say one way or another. It’s something I hope to learn more about at some point.
We always assume a player won’t train if the deal is agreed or that close. And it’s logical of course. At the same time clubs agree deals months or a year in advance and play full games... so maybe it doesn’t really mean anything? I can’t say I know.
What I know for SURE is when the deal is submitted through FIFA the player is released from training. Prior to that step they are not released. That step can be some time after things are all agreed between the 2 clubs due to the need for proof of funds and all of that (ie putting money in an escrow etc)."

This is why all this "ITK info" needs to be taken with a serious grain of salt. You can't be one of these idiots in the thread crying about why people want to discuss this or be an idiot on the opposite side thinking that this information is as good as your holy book of choice.
I don’t believe any of these people are ITK, I just remembered reading somewhere in the thread that the deal was meant to be announced today. I’m in the “it’s fun to see what these ITK people claim and interesting to see what, if any, comes to fruition but don’t expect any of it to” camp.

Will be interesting to see what likes of Simon stone are saying about Sancho by end of the day and how that compares to the ITK’s. That Romano fella has apparently said that news should be expected soon.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
If I remember the context is the young player is under 15 or something like that and it was academy related so they didnt want to name.
It’s illegal to sign international players under 15 so that most certainly isn’t happening and if that’s the supposed reason then it’s just another confirmation of it being bullshit.

The claim was shit. We’re signing 3 international youth players that he can’t name. We sign several international youth players every season. Anybody and everybody could say this and be right. It’s the most empty claim ever. Although it’ll actually then still be wrong as he said it after we’d already made all our international signings and there is no chance of us making a further 3.

dweb

My mate got all 4 of our recent signings right. He called the Bruno signing last July.

However he did get a few wrong. Dybala, Eriksen, De ligt, Trippier, Muenier, Joao Felix, Ruben Dias, Declan Rice, Nicolas Pepe, Sean Longstaff, Richarlison, Rabiot come to mind.
A few?

Acole9

Outstanding
I think we're going to sign some players this summer. Reddit will want me as a tier 1 source pretty soon.

Jim Reaper

Yeah but if they tell me not to get my child vaccinated because God will cure him I’d tell them to feck off.

If they tell me their holy man is reliable because he cured his own Corona Virus by drinking holy water, I will point out the fact he died seven days later.

This is the thread to post it in absolutely. And I agree we should have a thread like this where people can discuss the ITKs. I don’t think it has to be no questions asked, however. I mean I think there’s yet to be an explanation for the claim that Sancho was flying to London last week, when it turned out he was flying to Ibiza on holiday.
I think they claimed it was his reps flying to london

Status
Not open for further replies.