Reddit ITKs v2 | Home of the muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

theklr

So you agree it’s all 100% bull excrement as per the description in the bottom of this thread?
You can’t have an echo chamber in this thread. If the ‘info’ these so called ITK’s provide is pure figment of their imagination then I think posters can rightly point that out. If those guys think it’s okay to start charging naive people for that very same information then they should be called out on it too.

Most people who have itk information like @Rozay etc. Just hear it, explain where it came from and pass it on and move on. None of this daily update bollocks.
The description specifically states that one shouldnt go in here and make fun of those following/believing. If you have a factual basis on why rumour xyz isnt true, by all means, but that isnt what 99% of the posters do. They are just making fun.

Would you normally stroll into a mosque pointing fingers ? If not, stay out of here as well.

And to be clear, as obscure the muppetiers rumours are or arent, they have a very good grasp of the media cycle that preludes a transfer announcement (like Stone denial, briefings on either side, etc) which makes it quite interesting.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The description specifically states that one shouldnt go in here and make fun of those following/believing. If you have a factual basis on why rumour xyz isnt true, by all means, but that isnt what 99% of the posters do. They are just making fun.

Would you normally stroll into a mosque pointing fingers ? If not, stay out of here as well.

And to be clear, as obscure the muppetiers rumours are or arent, they have a very good grasp of the media cycle that preludes a transfer announcement (like Stone denial, briefings on either side, etc) which makes it quite interesting.
What are bizarre thing to say. I’m not attacking your religion mate. Listen, if those guys are asking you for money in exchange for information and you’re still willing to believe them, then maybe you need someone else to explain it to you as why it might be a crock of shit?

If they had access to the information that they say they have, then it stands to reason that they themselves are probably in positions where that information would be shared by their peers. Although, I’m not sure if it actually happens but let’s just say that it does. Those guys probably wouldn't need to set up patreon to keep them ticking over.

theklr

What are bizarre thing to say. I’m not attacking your religion mate. Listen, if those guys are asking you for money in exchange for information and you’re still willing to believe them, then maybe you need someone else to explain it to you as why it might be a crock of shit?

If they had access to the information that they say they have, then it stands to reason that they themselves are probably in positions where that information would be shared by their peers. Although, I’m not sure if it actually happens but let’s just say that it does. Those guys probably wouldn't need to set up patreon to keep them ticking over.
They arent asking for that , the information is free for all.

The patron stuff ( its $5 a month), are just for other perks. And thats probably only 0,5% of the members that does that.

I get your point though.

crossy1686

career ending
I love all the rumour stuff. Anyone who would rather discredit it than take it for what it is needs their head checked.
There's where you're wrong and it's important to make the distinction here. These are not rumours, these are not coming from anyone with an ounce of knowledge on anything transfer related, they are therefore absolute bollocks.

I'll give you an example seeing as people are struggling to differentiate;

Rumour: I live across from the Lowery and I used to often see Jose in the local takeaway on Sunday nights.

This is a rumour because it's believable and I'm giving you context as to why it might be true.

Bollocks: I saw Jose in my local takeaway last season and he was on the phone to Riaola trying to sign De Ligt.

This is bollocks because it's unbelievable and attention-seeking.

These 'ITK' water down the actual credible sources and stop people who actually know stuff coming forward with information because they will get days of abuse off people if the information they've been given doesn't come to fruition. They're bad for football and they make social media toxic.

It's not these sad twats posting their fan fiction on Reddit that's the issue, it's the people who believe it, go to the pub and tell their mates that "VDB is almost done but we need to sell first". Your mates might not trust some random dickhead on the internet but they might trust your word and that's when it gets toxic. Thanks to Spoofex and those goons last season we had about 10 Glazers and Woodward threads over the summer at how the club was being run into the ground-based on transfer 'rumours' that just weren't true in the slightest.

ubergorp

Im not sure if I understand this, mainly your second point. Re. your first point, we don't ask for money in exchange for info, at all.

Edit: Wait, are you suggesting that if everything was true then we'd be rich and therefore wouldn't need a patreon? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

There's where you're wrong and it's important to make the distinction here. These are not rumours, these are not coming from anyone with an ounce of knowledge on anything transfer related, they are therefore absolute bollocks.

Rumour: I live across from the Lowery and I used to often see Jose in the local takeaway on Sunday nights.

This is a rumour because it's believable and I'm giving you context as to why it might be true.

Bollocks: I saw Jose in my local takeaway last season and he was on the phone to Riaola trying to sign De Ligt.

These 'ITK' water down the actual credible sources and stop people who actually know stuff coming forward with information because they will get days of abuse off people if the information they've been given doesn't come to fruition. They're bad for football and they make social media toxic.

It's not these sad twats posting their fan fiction on Reddit that's the issue, it's the people who believe it, go to the pub and tell their mates that "VDB is almost done but we need to sell first". Your mates might not trust some random dickhead on the internet but they might trust your word and that's when it gets toxic. Thanks to Spoofex and those goons last season we had about 10 Glazers and Woodward threads over the summer at how the club was being run into the ground-based on transfer 'rumours' that just weren't true in the slightest.
It's all rumour. Rumour can be true or it can be false, that's the very nature of it. We tell people to take it with a pinch of salt, after all.

All we're doing is aggregating and attempting to verify ITK info. Almost certainly some of these ITKs are fake, and are have no knowledge on anything transfer related, but there's also a strong probability that some are real and do work in the area they tell us they work in.

---

Edit: got one reply left for today, so get your comments in now so I can get to them all in one fell swoop

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
Im not sure if I understand this, mainly your second point. Re. your first point, we don't ask for money in exchange for info, at all.

Edit: Wait, are you suggesting that if everything was true then we'd be rich and therefore wouldn't need a patreon? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's all rumour. Rumour can be true or it can be false, that's the very nature of it. We tell people to take it with a pinch of salt, after all.

All we're doing is aggregating and attempting to verify ITK info. Almost certainly some of these ITKs are fake, and are have no knowledge on anything transfer related, but there's also a strong probability that some are real and do work in the area they tell us they work in.
It's not all rumour, a rumour is something that's founded in truth, not something a teenager made up as fan fiction.

The daily rate at which these guys get their info should be a red flag for anyone anyway, nevermind the content. Also, absolutely no one in the position they're claiming to be in is giving away that information for free on the internet for fake internet points when it could cost them their job.

Judas

Open to offers
Mate if you don't like it, why just not post in the thread? You seem to be on a crusade to stop people from simply just enjoying something that you don't.

theklr

They have very good information (e.g tracking of patterns of briefs from tier 1 journos) on how United’s media cycle go when following a transfer saga, just thats itself is worth following them for.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Wow. You've obviously been hurt before. Dry your eyes. If they are gullible enough to believe it as fact then so be it, that's on them. I'll continue to enjoy the nonsense when there are no United games

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
If people don't like muppet stuff, keep off this thread please. It clearly tells you over the reply box what this thread's for. Let the muppets do their thing here.

crossy1686

career ending
Mate if you don't like it, why just not post in the thread? You seem to be on a crusade to stop people from simply just enjoying something that you don't.
I'll presume you're talking to me? I've rarely posted in here to be fair, only at the start when people were claiming Sancho was done and throwing around fees and dates (that have now all passed) that I had an issue with it finding it's way into the Sancho thread and being discussed as a fact which causes confusion.

Enjoy what you want I'm not trying to stop people from having fun if this is your thing but stop trying to tell people that it's a rumor when it's literally not. Someone made it up in their bedroom and then posted it on Reddit, that's not a rumor.

Also, I've got some magic beans here, I promise you they're the real deal but it's 75% whether or not they'll work for you. I'll give you a good price.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If people don't like muppet stuff, keep off this thread please. It clearly tells you over the reply box what this thread's for. Let the muppets do their thing here.
Thread ban me please. I can’t help it sometimes. :lol:

ubergorp

It's not all rumour, a rumour is something that's founded in truth, not something a teenager made up as fan fiction.

The daily rate at which these guys get their info should be a red flag for anyone anyway, nevermind the content. Also, absolutely no one in the position they're claiming to be in is giving away that information for free on the internet for fake internet points when it could cost them their job.
Not going to waste my time discussing this with someone who so obviously doesn't want to have a discussion and is so flagrantly breaking the rules of this thread. I especially don't want to get in to semantics, but what I will say is that - if you made something up like "Jennifer has had a nose job" and told someone, you would be doing what's referred to as "spreading a rumour".

---

Unrelated, but regarding the patreon thing, which a lot of you are completely misunderstanding and incredibly cynical about, I asked some subscribers why they have subscribed. 4 out of the 6 responses cited supporting the community as their main reason. One said quieter chat rooms, and one said chance of early access to info.

Looking forward to all the "YoU'Ve BraINWASHEd thEm iN to tHINKING tHeRE'S a cOmmUNitY wORtH SUPPoRTing" responses. I'll address those tomorrow, when my post limit resets.

Peace out, and happy muppeting xo

Edit @SmallCaine and @P-Nut:

what happens when the rumors are proven to be false though? Someone on the last page has made a list of claims that one of the ITKs has made, none of which turned out to be true. The same itk is still contributing "rumors" without anyone being allowed to call him out for his bs.
All taken from one big post? May 13th? Yeah, they conveniently left out all the stuff that transpired to be correct. I have said above that the nature of some sources being very well placed, but receiving some stuff via chinese whispers, makes them occasionally unreliable, but it doesn't make them consistently and permanently unreliable. I also have no doubt that at least some bits of info have been intentionally obfuscated for job protection purposes, though this would be rare. Also worth remembering that there's so much going on under the surface. Media reports are the tip of the iceberg. We could be contacting xyz's agent to see what their availability is like without having any real intention of going for them. ITKs may pick that up, nothing comes of it, and it looks like a negative mark on their record.

@ubergorp I actually quite enjoying reading it for a laugh, however please explain to me what benefit withholding claims does?

Sure the mod might know if they were right or wrong when the actual info drops, but everyone else just has to believe the mods? Why not make it more transparent and drop the info a day later or something?
We withhold stuff for one of three reasons:
- We have been asked to by the source - source is worried that a particularly specific bit of info could give them away. They still tell us though, so we can see if it aligns with other stuff.
- We don't believe it to be reliable/a new unverified source has contacted us - there's enough stuff that doesn't come true as it is, we don't want to just chuck out stuff that's from someone who can't or won't share the details of how they know the info
- Avoiding piggybacking - we try to wait a day or so on certain bits of info, to see if anyone else comes up with anything similar (organically of course). These will always be posted, just a bit later, so we can see if there are complimentary or conflicting bits of info to cross examine

Last edited:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
You can’t have an echo chamber in this thread. If the ‘info’ these so called ITK’s provide is pure figment of their imagination then I think posters can rightly point that out. If those guys think it’s okay to start charging naive people for that very same information then they should be called out on it too.

Most people who have itk information like @Rozay etc. Just hear it, explain where it came from and pass it on and move on. None of this daily update bollocks.
Who is this @Rozay and what information he has? PM me the info I will pay 10p if it is good.

SmallCaine

Not going to waste my time discussing this with someone who so obviously doesn't want to have a discussion and is so flagrantly breaking the rules of this thread. I especially don't want to get in to semantics, but what I will say is that - if you made something up like "Jennifer has had a nose job" and told someone, you would be doing what's referred to as "spreading a rumour".

---

Unrelated, but regarding the patreon thing, which a lot of you are completely misunderstanding and incredibly cynical about, I asked some subscribers why they have subscribed. 4 out of the 6 responses cited supporting the community as their main reason. One said quieter chat rooms, and one said chance of early access to info.

Looking forward to all the "YoU'Ve BraINWASHEd thEm iN to tHINKING tHeRE'S a cOmmUNitY wORtH SUPPoRTing" responses. I'll address those tomorrow, when my post limit resets.

Peace out, and happy muppeting xo
what happens when the rumors are proven to be false though? Someone on the last page has made a list of claims that one of the ITKs has made, none of which turned out to be true. The same itk is still contributing "rumors" without anyone being allowed to call him out for his bs.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
@ubergorp I actually quite enjoying reading it for a laugh, however please explain to me what benefit withholding claims does?

Sure the mod might know if they were right or wrong when the actual info drops, but everyone else just has to believe the mods? Why not make it more transparent and drop the info a day later or something?

sport2793

You seem a bit too invested in this.

:lol: you are saying that I am too invested in this but at the same time, you want to be a truth soldier and "rightly" point out every bs claim posted in this thread from the subreddit? You joined in 2017 and have nearly 18,000 posts mate, that's the definition of too invested. Why not just ignore the thread altogether?

I sense a new category in the end of year awards this year.
Awesome, I have always wondered how I could get one of those to decorate my posts.

Ok I gotta ask, what do you do for a living?
So you’re a student then?
I'm a 45 year old male living out in a trailer tending to my aging parents. My only satisfaction in life comes from trolling "crazy libs" on the internet.

One of my favorite shows! Always thought Jay was someone I could look up to.

sport2793

Mocking the stupidity of the claims and the outcomes of them all being wrong is having a laugh though. Is it not?
That could apply to some posters such as yourself but there are other posters that seem to be on a mission to "defend the truth" and worry that folks are spending "hard-earned money" on a con job. You have to feel sorry for the latter, regardless of what your views are of the muppetiers subreddit. Always thought this thread should be there to discuss the info from there in a "pass the time" sort of way, not taking anything too seriously. Also thought that the disclaimer was put there to prevent these discussions from messing up the normal transfer threads. Looks like it's not going to be enforced though.

Last edited:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Awful lot of effort goes in to having that "laugh"

Feel sorry for you lad.
Hasn’t been an ounce of effort put into any of my posts in here.

Creating a fan fiction subreddit is effort. Following it everyday like a fan girl and defending how fun it is, is effort.

Laughing at it all being terribly wrong requires no effort at all.

Gazza

Hasn’t been an ounce of effort put into any of my posts in here.

Creating a fan fiction subreddit is effort. Following it everyday like a fan girl and defending how fun it is, is effort.

Laughing at it all being terribly wrong requires no effort at all.
This. It's remarkable how sensitive the ITK followers are. "Just a bit of fun"... indeed, that's why it's funny to point and laugh at the nonsense.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
This thread seems to be becoming problematic.

Muppets, feel free to post unsubstantiated rumours here, but do NOT take them into other transfer/football threads. Non-muppets, please ignore this thread, don't post here and don't engage if it irritates you. And please stay civil, everyone.

Thanks.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I love all the rumour stuff. Anyone who would rather discredit it than take it for what it is needs their head checked.
If you enjoy this sort of thing, let me know pal, I can give you daily rumours if you like!
95% wont come true, I'll admit, but I'll get some things right, a few things may be withheld until common knowledge though

Edit: Before I get a warning, I posted this without seeing the reply above!
Be kind!

Coops73

Muppets, feel free to post unsubstantiated rumours here, but do NOT take them into other transfer/football threads. Non-muppets, please ignore this thread, don't post here and don't engage if it irritates you. And please stay civil, everyone.

Thanks.
Fuuucccckkk offff you cu...oh sorry yeah, stay civil, I get it now.

hungrywing

this should be a safe space for muppets
Trouble with that is it can go too far in that direction. You don't want to discourage people from coming in and pointing out objectively incorrect stuff.

'This is bollocks, look at how such and such is wrong' is fine. 'This is bollocks, look at how such and such is wrong. LOLOL you losers there's no such thing as a random sports insurance agent seeing all manner of transfer-related documents in his boring daily routine. LOLOL look at the fecking cretins thinking there are sports attorneys in huge firms who handle large regions and will exchange water cooler talk with their international peers' is not exactly smart.

Thanks.
It's been that way from the start. The yellow warning message is pretty poorly set up. Similar to how you emphasized the wrong group to not take activity across the thread threshold. It should be 'non-muppets, DON'T post here and DON'T engage if it irritates you.' The muppets don't need any reminder not to post in the more serious threads. When you set up a bomb shelter, bit weird to tell the people inside NOT to go outside.

Good to see someone finally taking some action, though. Thank you.

@ubergorp

I've been wondering something similar to smallcaine and lo and behold.

Is there any criteria for being stripped of ITK status? 'This person's good info was around 30% for a while but man he or she hasn't been above 10% correct in ages....' Do you guys have an internal system in place by which an ITK can be relegated to KFC status, for example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.