Reddit ITKs v2 | Home of the muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This thread is supposed to be mindless tabloid-ish distractions, not arguing.
I’ll be honest I think the thread should just be locked and deleted. We don’t need it here, If you want to read and discuss mupdates just go onto reddit?

This forum is usually a place you can come and read genuine information, we already have the transfer tweets thread and individual threads where you can discuss about a player.

So far I’ve yet to be shown any evidence that they’ve got correct that would seem ITK information. It’s all wishy washy half assed statements that can neither confirm or deny anything.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'd actually agree with the poster above here. (One above Maxi!)
If you wanna fantasise about it, do it on reddit. Lets not give them the exposure here.

For a place that doesn't push patreon on people, they've currently got a competition up for paid members only...

I saw a guy in the Sancho thread claim that he heard from a reputable source a sticking point of the Sancho deal was the agent demanding 50m...
When I asked about the source, it was from a website ran by a Liverpool and Chelea fan who apparently hate united

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'd actually agree with the poster above here.
If you wanna fantasise about it, do it on reddit. Lets not give them the exposure here.

For a place that doesn't push patreon on people, they've currently got a competition up for paid members only...
+2

RedCafe is for serious football discussion only. I particularly enjoy ‘the streets will never forget‘ thread.

Gazza

I don't get why people converse about this shite when they don't believe in it. :lol:

It's even gotten very heated at times, what's wrong with you guys? If you don't believe in anyone or anything, just wait for the official club announcements and get on with your lives, for fecks sake.
To be fair at this point the sport2793 user is the one who is keeping this all going, for some reason he cares what other people think about his ITK oracles. He doesn't need to keep trying to prove these ITKs are right using incredibly fragile logic, but chooses to! :lol:

sport2793

To be fair at this point the sport2793 user is the one who is keeping this all going, for some reason he cares what other people think about his ITK oracles. He doesn't need to keep trying to prove these ITKs are right using incredibly fragile logic, but chooses to! :lol:
You just defined what muppetry is, which is the whole point of this thread. It's not about proving the ITKs right but about saying how no transfer info is rock solid until the actual club statement is out. Posters seem to hang onto Romano as if he's a god but any person can point to tweets where he has been very wrong previously. Di Marzio was the go to guy before that but he had a relatively big fall from grace. Duncan Castles is generally regarded as reliable when it comes to Mendes and Mourinho related news. Why then does he like to peddle nonsensical reports out there saying that reports of United bidding 100 million pounds for Ansu Fati are true. Transfer season is silly season and this affects all info related to it, it all really is speculation until it is final. That's why I noted the Simon Stone tweet from earlier, highlighting that even respected football journalists who work for the BBC engage in such speculation.

With the amount of misinformation that supposedly respected football journalists are given/promote either wittingly or unwittingly, this sort of ITK activity is inevitable. I am an avid follower of the NBA too; you never see any ITK info or muppetry related to the NBA despite having a significant following. It's because you have top-class journalists such as Adrian Wojnarowski that have well-placed sources with little reason to misinform. They tell you everything you would care to know right away and it's 100% correct. Football journalists in comparison are dirt, even Romano falls short relative to journalists in other sports.

I'm not mentioning any of the muppetry info in the other transfer threads, which should be restricted to highly vetted, club statement type, information. It's hilarious to see how folks such as yourself are taking this thread so seriously, to the point that the thread should be "locked and deleted to restrict the forum to serious debate". As if this forum is a COVID-19 public health message board and "misinformation" being spread here could lead to loss of human life. No post here is that important, especially any that has my name on it :lol: .

Last edited:

hungrywing

You just defined what muppetry is, which is the whole point of this thread. It's not about proving the ITKs right but about saying how no transfer info is rock solid until the actual club statement is out. Posters seem to hang onto Romano as if he's a god but any person can point to tweets where he has been very wrong previously. Di Marzio was the go to guy before that but he had a relatively big falling from grace. Duncan Castles is generally regarded as reliable when it comes to Mendes and Mourinho related news. Why then does he like to peddle nonsensical reports out there saying that reports of United bidding 100 million pounds for Ansu Fati are true. Transfer season is silly season and this affects all info related to it, it all really is speculation until it is final. That's why I noted the Simon Stone tweet from earlier, highlighting that even respected football journalists who work for the BBC engage in such speculation.

With the amount of misinformation that supposedly respected football journalists are given/promote either wittingly or unwittingly, this sort of ITK activity is inevitable. I am an avid follower of the NBA too; you never see any ITK info or muppetry related to the NBA despite having a significant following. It's because you have top-class journalists such as Adrian Wojnarowski that have well-placed sources with little reason to misinform. They tell you everything you would care to know right away and it's 100% correct. Football journalists in comparison are dirt, even Romano falls short relative to journalists in other sports.

I'm not mentioning any of the muppetry info in the other transfer threads, which should be restricted to highly vetted, club statement type, information. It's hilarious to see how folks such as yourself are taking this thread so seriously, to the point that the thread should be "locked and deleted to restrict the forum to serious debate". As if this forum is a COVID-19 public health message board and "misinformation" being spread here could lead to loss of human life. No post here is that important, especially any that has my name on it :lol: .
That's a very interesting point regarding the difference between general trade rumors/reporting in the MLB/NBA etc. and in world football.

Might have something to do with the transfer system and to a much less-involved degree the legalized betting system.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
It’s a bit different to be wrong a few times like Romano compared to being right about 2 out of 56 times.

sport2793

That's a very interesting point regarding the difference between general trade rumors/reporting in the MLB/NBA etc. and in world football.

Might have something to do with the transfer system and to a much less-involved degree the legalized betting system.
Ya it is an interesting difference and you bring up good points as to why it may be the case. I think as the CAS Man City FFP ruling recently showed, there really isn't a strong governing body in world football that can enforce anything, which allows for transfers and other dealings to resemble the "wild west" in many respects. An environment like this probably gives an incentive to clubs and agents to leak misinformation to gain an upper hand in negotiations. The fact that United hired someone like Neil Ashton, a true exponent of The Sun and unverified gossip, to run their press relations highlights this fairly well. In contrast, the NBA is a tightly run ship, with a strong commissioner, salary caps and specific rules for business that can be conducted between teams. In a professional environment like that, it may even be disadvantageous to try and spread misinformation as this may reduce other teams' and players' willingness to engage with you on trades/contracts. While I cannot call the MLB a tightly run ship based on the utter disaster that their COVID handling has become, I do think a similar principle applies to that league also.

With that said, I do think that football-related newspapers and, by extension, football journalists, must share a lot of the blame for why there is so much bad information out there. Isn't a key maxim of good journalism that one should have multiple credible sources sharing the same information before publishing it? Ultimately, I think the advertising revenue that can be obtained by spreading exciting, yet unreliable, information (especially about United, a club with a huge worldwide following) is too much of a draw for newspapers and outweighs any concerns that relate to journalistic ethics. Think about it this way, do you think any person in China or the United States would have ever heard of Sky Sports or gianlucadimarzio.com if not for the transfer gossip they publish about United and other major football clubs? Hence, football journalists are measured, and financed, more by how many clicks they generate rather than the high standards of journalism they adhere to. With this in mind, I can understand why many of the more renowned football journalists flocked to The Athletic, the idea being that monthly paid subscriptions by users would counter the loss of ad revenue that occurs with not trafficking in the usual transfer tabloid rumors, thus allowing journalists a freer hand in producing high quality articles. Whether this ends up being the case in the long term remains to be seen.

Tapori

I’ll be honest I think the thread should just be locked and deleted. We don’t need it here, If you want to read and discuss mupdates just go onto reddit?

This forum is usually a place you can come and read genuine information, we already have the transfer tweets thread and individual threads where you can discuss about a player.

So far I’ve yet to be shown any evidence that they’ve got correct that would seem ITK information. It’s all wishy washy half assed statements that can neither confirm or deny anything.
You will never understand Muppetry
Join us.

-
Also, enjoying the intellectual dissection of Muppets and Muppetry
You Muppets.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

That is perfectly reasonable. But part of the fun with transfers is the silliness of it all...this is already restricted to this thread, so I don’t see the harm in it.

No moreso than reading the rumors section of a website anyway.

hungrywing

You will never understand Muppetry
Join us.

-
Also, enjoying the intellectual dissection of Muppets and Muppetry
You Muppets.
TBF @Adam-Utd's posts in here are a perfect example of the reasonable skepticism that threads like this can use.

It's just another conduit for potentially accurate info. In any profession there are related and or twice/thrice removed related professions that can glean info from happenings in their own field. There are indications that these ITKs have genuine info from time to time. That's it. Nothing more nothing less.

It's the rabid nay-sayers who are all 'Why aren't they getting all the figures and dates spot on LOLOL derp derp no one involved with the clubs is going to be leaking info they'd lose their jobs' who aren't understanding what's probably going on behind that subreddit. Of course no one directly involved with a club is going to be leaking information there.

sport2793

TBF @Adam-Utd's posts in here are a perfect example of the reasonable skepticism that threads like this can use.
Hmm, I dont know if I would class reasonable skepticism as saying this:

You’ve been absolutely done over pal :lol:

The mods are all in collusion and will cover for their golden geese whenever they make a mistake. What a joke.

For your own sake I hope you stop paying for their patroen, you’ll learn nothing more than you can’t already find online.
Not sure why he's so deeply emotional about it. Maybe a muppet stole a watch from him once?

hungrywing

Hmm, I dont know if I would class reasonable skepticism as saying this:

Not sure why he's so deeply emotional about it. Maybe a muppet stole a watch from him once?
Didn't see that one. The more recent ones are pretty decent.

For what it's worth, you've been handling a lot of unwarranted abuse like a champ.

Remember, you don't have to engage all the people who are attacking the idea of the thread for 'the ITKs not being 100% right on dates/figures and clearly not having ties to clubs'. Anyone who can't already imagine what's going on behind the scenes there - whether or not it's true - isn't going to get it even when it's explained.

sport2793

Didn't see that one. The more recent ones are pretty decent.

For what it's worth, you've been handling a lot of unwarranted abuse like a champ.

Remember, you don't have to engage all the people who are attacking the idea of the thread for 'the ITKs not being 100% right on dates/figures and clearly not having ties to clubs'. Anyone who can't already imagine what's going on behind the scenes there - whether or not it's true - isn't going to get it even when it's explained.
Ya you're probably right about that, people are likely entrenched in their views regardless and there's no point in adding fuel to endless arguments.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
My word!! Some of the comments in here. If people don't believe in ITKs then why on earth are they opening this thread?? If you believe those who trust ITKs are dumb, then you gotta be equally dumb trying to prove to them they are mistaken. It only makes people that much determined to stick to their beliefs.

I don't see how any adult could in any way be seriously bothered either way, whether the ITKs are fake or not. If you don't believe them, don't open this thread. If you believe them, follow this thread. It's really pretty simple.

theklr

So far this year the ITK's have been more accurate than 90% of all football journalists, and you can go back in time and vet their info. Thats why I follow them.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm all for ITK fun its a laugh, much like most of this stuff I don't take it too seriously. It's a shame this thread has ended up being so heavy full of the most pathetic and tedious football based arguing I've seen in awhile. People typing out full on essays for or against it need to just turn off their laptops/mobiles and do something else.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So far this year the ITK's have been more accurate than 90% of all football journalists, and you can go back in time and vet their info. Thats why I follow them.
Now you've done it. Just wait and watch how you are bombarded by comments by the Crusaders on here who are gonna convince you that ITKs getting things right is the same as astrology or voodoo. :lol:

SirAnderson

I consider myself a Muppet, but what I see in here is definitely NO home for a Muppet.

True Muppet lives in the thread about the player, living off the photoshopped Twitter or Instagram post, gets the lube and Kermit Pics out at the sniff of a journo posting something vaguely positive about the move, showing a dying Kermit when something negative is said, getting on flight tracking, having folks like Olly make videos for us to cream ourselves over with. A true in the know experience is like what @Acquire Me did during the Pogba fiasco, not people trying to make a living off of a Muppet, that's just not what muppetism is about for me.
I'm all for getting so itk info, but this is not it. This is Days of our Lives on steroids.

Baneofthegame

Not sure why people are so triggered by this ITK stuff, just don’t go in the thread, it will help you immensely.

If you are a normal grown adult, you will understand that 99.9% of it is garbage.

El Zoido

Not sure why people are so triggered by this ITK stuff, just don’t go in the thread, it will help you immensely.

If you are a normal grown adult, you will understand that 99.9% of it is garbage.
The caf has glorified their “muppetry” for years, yet somehow an external site having fun with it as seen as a bad thing.

The subreddit is fine, I really don’t get the big deal. I follow it a lot cause it’s entertaining, and they’re definitely no worse than most of the twitter garbage, outside of a select few. They’ve got most of this Sancho transfer spot on, I’m convinced at least one of the ITK’s there is legit but it’s difficult to say. The direction of transfers can change so much that even Ed Woodward himself could post as an ITK and some things would be different to what he said.

SirAnderson

The caf has glorified their “muppetry” for years, yet somehow an external site having fun with it as seen as a bad thing.

The subreddit is fine, I really don’t get the big deal. I follow it a lot cause it’s entertaining, and they’re definitely no worse than most of the twitter garbage, outside of a select few. They’ve got most of this Sancho transfer spot on, I’m convinced at least one of the ITK’s there is legit but it’s difficult to say. The direction of transfers can change so much that even Ed Woodward himself could post as an ITK and some things would be different to what he said.
Muppetry has never been all about the ITKs, that's the problem.

When it becomes a chore like this thread and we see people back and forthing on the validity of the info, they it's so far off what being a Muppet is, it's not even fun anymore.

I just want to get my giddy on and enjoy the ride.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
There's a difference though, between these ITKs and journalists.
Even in twitter, Sancho threads etc people call bullshit on certain journo's, hence the tier system.

People aren't clinging on to every tweet as golden. It gets called out, just like this does.
I don't like the idea they have a patreon though. Thats my issue, because surely, the believable fanbase of that site has to be 14-18yr olds, surely.
I know one of the mods came on here and said you don't really gain any extra by joining it. Other than extra news, a discord, competitions, etc.
So in reality, yes they do offer more.

Nick7

Now you've done it. Just wait and watch how you are bombarded by comments by the Crusaders on here who are gonna convince you that ITKs getting things right is the same as astrology or voodoo. :lol:
Nah, astrology and voodoo are more believable :cool:

El Zoido

Muppetry has never been all about the ITKs, that's the problem.

When it becomes a chore like this thread and we see people back and forthing on the validity of the info, they it's so far off what being a Muppet is, it's not even fun anymore.

I just want to get my giddy on and enjoy the ride.
I’ve found the comments on the subreddit are a good place to look, just for a lot of random muppetry. A lot of people post rumours and gossip there but everyone knows to take it all with a pinch of salt and enjoy. The guy that found the same plane that Bruno flew in on was in Ibiza, where Sancho happened to be at the time, a particular recent highlight.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff

Leave the thread if you don't like it. That applies to other people, too. It states clearly over the reply box what this thread is about.

If anyone would like a thread-ban to make sure they don't feel the need to keep coming back here with the same moans, I'm happy to oblige. There's no need to spoil things for people who enjoy this kind of stuff.

Infra-red

Come on mate, you wouldn't go into a thread where everyone was discussing how much they loved Santa Claus and start telling them all that he's fake - let the kids have their fun!

Anyway, isn't it a good thing that the obviously-fabricated "ITK" drivel is confined to a single thread, rather than being allowed to pollute the entire forum. If someone shows up in another thread and starts talking about how "ITK2 reckons that.." etc, then they are going to find their post deleted in relatively short order, which I'm sure you would agree, is a positive.

My advice would be to just let them roll with it and avoid this thread entirely.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I like the ITK bollocks and think this thread should remain. If you don't like it, ignore it. Let's not pretend they got anything significant correct so far though. There seems to be a rewriting of history in that regards. Pretty much everything posted last transfer windows proved to be complete and total bollocks.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That is perfectly reasonable. But part of the fun with transfers is the silliness of it all...this is already restricted to this thread, so I don’t see the harm in it.

No moreso than reading the rumors section of a website anyway.
It's not the harm of believing rumours, it's the more the fact they're honey trapping people with information and financially benefitting from it. That doesn't sit right with me at all.

By all means if they want to believe them and these kids want to be "internet famous" then fair play to them, but the moment they start asking for money I think we have a responsibility to be cautious.

That includes our site introducing them to it by means of this thread. I'm sure most people will be sensible and take it with a pinch of salt, but others that are "die hard muppets" will be desperate for any extra info they can get.

Anyways this'll be my last post in the thread, I've seen nothing to make me believe any of them are genuine so far so i'll stop giving it attention.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Love a good muppet (as you well know)

But please nobody pay for info from them.

This should always be just about fun.

If these people are actually working for clubs and agencies then by paying them for confidential information you could be unwittingly committing a criminal offence.

No true muppet would make another muppet pay for info. I didn’t with my one bit of news and I don’t see why anyone not looking to exploit would either.

Anyway muppet head on SANCHO IS SO ON TODAY!

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Did any of these ITKs say anything at all about Gabriel or Badiashile before anyone in mainstream media did?

Those ones, I might listen to.

Jim Reaper

Did any of these ITKs say anything at all about Gabriel or Badiashile before anyone in mainstream media did?

Those ones, I might listen to.
Yes. G5 I think they are referred to.

I think they are meant to be from a sports insurance background.

I am not sure though. Gabriel was mentioned on Jul 24th. But was said to be a main target for Napoli and on a list that we had drawn up in Mourinho times

ubergorp

It's not the harm of believing rumours, it's the more the fact they're honey trapping people with information and financially benefitting from it. That doesn't sit right with me at all.

By all means if they want to believe them and these kids want to be "internet famous" then fair play to them, but the moment they start asking for money I think we have a responsibility to be cautious.

That includes our site introducing them to it by means of this thread. I'm sure most people will be sensible and take it with a pinch of salt, but others that are "die hard muppets" will be desperate for any extra info they can get.

Anyways this'll be my last post in the thread, I've seen nothing to make me believe any of them are genuine so far so i'll stop giving it attention.
Love a good muppet (as you well know)

But please nobody pay for info from them.

This should always be just about fun.

If these people are actually working for clubs and agencies then by paying them for confidential information you could be unwittingly committing a criminal offence.

No true muppet would make another muppet pay for info. I didn’t with my one bit of news and I don’t see why anyone not looking to exploit would either.

Anyway muppet head on SANCHO IS SO ON TODAY!
Again, we are not charging people for info. We do not financially benefit from it. Please stop these libellous mistruths.

A couple of tidbits get chucked to the patreon subscribers a little bit early, that is all. Patreon money goes to website and podcast hosting, giveaways, and at some point in the future, paying some content writers.

Also, we do not provide info ourselves. There are no NDAs or anything that we have signed. Don't work in any field even remotely related to football transfers.

croadyman

Again, we are not charging people for info. We do not financially benefit from it. Please stop these libellous mistruths.

A couple of tidbits get chucked to the patreon subscribers a little bit early, that is all. Patreon money goes to website and podcast hosting, giveaways, and at some point in the future, paying some content writers.

Also, we do not provide info ourselves. There are no NDAs or anything that we have signed. Don't work in any field even remotely related to football transfers.
Can any of the ITK reddit muppetier stuff be posted in this thread or would you rather it was just kept on there

Status
Not open for further replies.