Reddit ITKs

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A lot of chatter from Reddit ITKs (Spoofex and 2 others he has 'verified') that Ajax have accepted our offer for De Ligt and contract negotiations are 'close'.

Take with a quarry of salt obviously.
I can't be the only one, that while willing such an ITK to be legit, can't trust someone whose names is so close to the word "spoofer" which basically means....liar!!

Funky Futurista

A lot of chatter from Reddit ITKs (Spoofex and 2 others he has 'verified') that Ajax have accepted our offer for De Ligt and contract negotiations are 'close'.

:lol:

Won't believe a word they say until something is actually confirmed.

When he says he 'verifies' someone else it sounds more like he's bringing a couple of friends in on the gag.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Interesting.. Do you have the link?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Interesting.. Do you have the link?
I remember reading before that Spoofex mentioned there will be interest getting stumped up in the media for De Ligt (and low and behold it's happening), but he thought then they are aware De Ligt is trying to bait Barcelona more than anything else.

Although now he seems more convinced that there is a genuine bid accepted at this stage.
I think from his post today, he thinks its genuinely on.

Reddit ITK’s. Take it as the bullshit that it is.
What you trying to say @Offside? that "RightSaidFred_MUFC" is not reliable? He has 200 points I have you know.

Anyway jokes aside him and Spoofex (who I sort of want to believe because I have little else to do on a Friday) are convinced that something big is happening. Spoofex agrees with him it's De Ligt related, but Spoofex himself/herself has gone out on a limb to say there will be big developments on something in the next couple of hours. He's tied that to De Ligt - here's a post.

I'm wary of Reddit ITKs but I know @SirAF wants to get the muppet juices going.

Based Adnan

I can't be the only one, that while willing such an ITK to be legit, can't trust someone whose names is so close to the word "spoofer" which basically means....liar!!
For what it's worth Spoofex has been around on /r/reddevils for years and years. Long before he had any inside info on the club so don't worry about that. The guys a moderator of the sub as well.

prateik

Reddit ITKs.. Is this a new low for this thread? Or is Indykaila still worse ?

lysglimt

Scout
I remember reading before that Spoofex mentioned there will be interest getting stumped up in the media for De Ligt (and low and behold it's happening), but he thought then they are aware De Ligt is trying to bait Barcelona more than anything else.

Although now he seems more convinced that there is a genuine bid accepted at this stage.
I think from his post today, he thinks its genuinely on.

What you trying to say @Offside? that "RightSaidFred_MUFC" is not reliable? He has 200 points I have you know.

Anyway jokes aside him and Spoofex (who I sort of want to believe because I have little else to do on a Friday) are convinced that something big is happening. Spoofex agrees with him it's De Ligt related, but Spoofex himself/herself has gone out on a limb to say there will be big developments on something in the next couple of hours. He's tied that to De Ligt - here's a post.

I'm wary of Reddit ITKs but I know @SirAF wants to get the muppet juices going.

A clear indication that he will sign for Barca within a week !

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have we actually ever had a proper ITK?

I remember @Acquire Me seemed to know about Mourinho earlier than anyone else, but apart from that?

Njord

I guess it would be impossible to know if someone were actually ITK, as they could be speaking the truth about us tryingt sign someone, but if the deal doesn't go through they look like they're lying.

I choose to believe that it's all made up though.

Fooza

It's all a pile of nonsense apart from DiMarzio.

It sure is a fast way though to get instant followers, attention and fame by guessing it right.

settembrini

Acquire Me was proven to be spectacularly out of the know when he insisted that Griezmann to United was a done deal vs everyone else saying no it wasn't. Everyone else turned out to be right.

There is an actual ITK on reddit. His name is xisimon or something. He is unusual in that he doesn't post often and when he does say something will happen he sticks with it and it ends up happening. spoofex is trying to set himself as king ITK this summer with the more typical strategy of constantly posting different, sometimes completely conflicting stories, and then relying on people only remembering the stuff he got right.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I guess it would be impossible to know if someone were actually ITK, as they could be speaking the truth about us tryingt sign someone, but if the deal doesn't go through they look like they're lying.

I choose to believe that it's all made up though.
There sure are people 'ITK' about certain things - there's a thread in the General with an example in AVB. It is when they do what spoofex do and post a whole load of stuff that it stretches credibility as, for the number of deals they claim to be 'ITK' about, there is only a very small number of people who would be aware of all the stuff claimed.

With the GoT leaks, there were quite a few people involved in the filming process who would have known so it is harder to pinpoint who the leaker is in that sense. With spoofex, if genuine, then someone would be getting their P45 in the not too distant future.

Paris United were genuine ITKs a couple of years ago when Unai Emery was there as apparently they got their info from his brother. Once Emery was sacked, the credibility went to smithereens with them getting hardly anything right since.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Acquire Me was proven to be spectacularly out of the know when he insisted that Griezmann to United was a done deal vs everyone else saying no it wasn't. Everyone else turned out to be right.

There is an actual ITK on reddit. His name is xisimon or something. He is unusual in that he doesn't post often and when he does say something will happen he sticks with it and it ends up happening. spoofex is trying to set himself as king ITK this summer with the more typical strategy of constantly posting different, sometimes completely conflicting stories, and then relying on people only remembering the stuff he got right.
Newspaper style!

"WE TOLD YOU FIRST", on the 1 deal in 75 that happened.

All ITK posters always have the "something changed" angle to fall back on.

pascell

He/she had a lot of people hook, line and sinker (still does on Reddit). I was suspect after his/her 2nd post in which they backtracked and said the opposite to what they said in their 1st post.

De Ligt will end up at Barca, all this is a ploy to get more money from Barca by Raiola and in the end, he'll succeed.

0le

He/she had a lot of people hook, line and sinker (still does on Reddit). I was suspect after his/her 2nd post in which they backtracked and said the opposite to what they said in their 1st post.

De Ligt will end up at Barca, all this is a ploy to get more money from Barca by Raiola and in the end, he'll succeed.
I agree but you just never know until the deal is done and announced. I still remember the Mikel deal and I think it was Wilshere as well that we nearly had? Then there was De Gea deal that collapsed at the last minute.

Allas8

Some of the stuff the IDK does is put two and two together, Rojo is a part of our plans going forward since no one is going to take the wage he is on if we say anything else. Guess people want to believe, so they are going to look for any confirmation of their believes, while the truth remains, no big signing this summer.

No players signing for the money will be brought to United this summer.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
RightsaidFred Mufc guy, one of the 2 who is saying that De Ligt bid accepted and is close, said VDS was our DOF 24 days ago and also said we'd completed 2 signings.

Bullshitter.

pascell

I agree but you just never know until the deal is done and announced. I still remember the Mikel deal and I think it was Wilshere as well that we nearly had? Then there was De Gea deal that collapsed at the last minute.
But what about the ones that aren't done and announced, ie Griezmann who someone on reddit claimed was a done deal?

Everyone has noticed it's open season with regards to United and transfers, people just want attention and this is their strange way of getting it.

This spoofex person knows nothing, look at their comments from people asking questions after the last transfer update. People asked about Jaio Felix, someone who we've clearly scouted and have interest in, spoofex claims there's nothing in it and they've heard nothing. They also claimed if we're signing Longstaff that Butt was doing the negotiations, why would Butt be involved with first team signings?

Marzo

I say let them post, it is all in good fun, helps activate the muppet juices, and it is another source of info, bullshit or not, at least I find it entertaining.
They are quite strict on Reddit though, and if those ITK,s get it wrong, they get banned.

Infra-red

I say let them post, it is all in good fun, helps activate the muppet juices, and it is another source of info, bullshit or not, at least I find it entertaining.
They are quite strict on Reddit though, and if those ITK,s get it wrong, they get banned.
They'll all be banned by the end of August.

BlueHaze

I will never understand how some people get excited about posts from these fools on reddit. None of them know anything and if they did they would never post it on a place where hundreds of thousands of people can read it. You will see by the end of the summer that none of these guys were right about anything just like that guy who made that claim about Griezmann last year who was banned. They'll join him too.

settembrini

You only get banned if you do a challenge and spoofex had always refused to do one when asked.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
My problem with signing Aaron Wan Bissika is he is 21 years old and we already have a very promising 19 year old right back in Diogo Dalot. I really like Diogo Dalot so don't want his development to get ruined. Makes no sense having 2 right backs under the age of 23. That's why I prefer Muenier.
I disagree. In an ideal world we have two players fighting for every position.

Phil

I can't believe how much reasoning and critical thinking goes out the window there. There's one guy literally linking to some random on Twitter saying "Raiola is in London (United's offices are in London)". Come on.

That being said, fun thread. I liked some guy saying maybe the true signings are the friends we made along the way.

willhse456

I feel like an idiot for getting drawn into it all. I do this every year and tell myself I won't get sucked in again until the likes of Di Marzio/Stone get involved. Won't post anything about them again :(

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Possibly. It is a strange ploy though if trying to save money on Sancho by leaking we will spend more on Greizmann.
Greizmann is signifcantly more proven than Sancho, albeit has just turned 28 so over £100m represents a major gamble.

I don't think we should get anyone over 27 for more than £50m. It's too big a gamble if it it doesn't go to plan, not enough career left to salvage value and will often come with obscene wages as well.

Alderweireld, Munier are sensible examples of older players and even then I'd only take the latter.

George The Best

Greizmann is signifcantly more proven than Sancho, albeit has just turned 28 so over £100m represents a major gamble.

I don't think we should get anyone over 27 for more than £50m. It's too big a gamble if it it doesn't go to plan, not enough career left to salvage value and will often come with obscene wages as well.

Alderweireld, Munier are sensible examples of older players and even then I'd only take the latter.
‘Alderweireld, Munier, are sensible examples of older players’

I’d take both at the prices for now if we can’t get De Ligt/AWB. We need to strengthen and get to a CL finishing position. If we achieve that then we can start to dream of bigger and better. We are still a long way off of getting the best in our current predicament.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
feck me. :eek::eek:. If Everton sign him, we need new scouts as well as a director of football if that happens :lol::lol:. Don't want us to sign Wan Bissaka as I like Diogo Dalot and a older right back would made much more sense. Wan Bissaka would block Dalots development. Which made the signing of Meunier perfect.
This is such a nonsensical argument that I see repeated.

We need a right back. Just sign one. If he’s 18-24 and stays for 8 years as first choice, all that means is Dalot is not as good.

izec

Their claims are a joke. They are not even that good (for example De Gea getting sold is much less likely than him going for free next summer IMO), they just turn their attention to the newest stories and make a guess from there on. Anyone could make them up. The United fanbase is desperate though

Dolf

Ajax accepting our bid is nothing crazy. They are okay with any reasonable sum and let De Ligt decide where he wants to go.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Every time I see someone claim to be a United ITK on Reddit I think to myself that they might also be a caf poster, which immediately stops me from believing anything they say.