Reddit ITKs

VanGaalEra

Anyone that has as many updates as Spoofex, is obviously a fecking twat and not an ITK.

nainaisson

Spoofex obviously has a better source who provides him with updates every minute on all 20 targets we are linked to :(
Spoofex enters psychic trances like Nostradamus in which he travels to the future and witnesses every signing made by United for the next 100 years. That's the only rational explanation for the amount of information he claims to have.

Lynty

The marketing and communcations team will already have a good idea of who the club are in active transfer discussion with (and will be updated semi regularly on this via weekly standups in most agile workflows). They'll already have a stratergy and assests created for announcing Koulibaly, De Ligt and Maguire and will finalise once a deal has been agreed.

From personal experience.

Cliche Guevara

The marketing and communcations team will already have a good idea of who the club are in active transfer discussion with (and will be updated semi regularly on this via weekly standups in most agile workflows). They'll already have a stratergy and assests created for announcing Koulibaly, De Ligt and Maguire and will finalise once a deal has been agreed.

From personal experience.
Do they really have to be tailored to specific signings however?

Presumably they come up with concepts and different ideas, but I’m not so sure they wouldn’t be interchangeable amongst many players.

ash_86

C

Seriously ? And people are impressed by rubbish like that?
Frankly they are just happy that a tier 1 journo is amongst them. I don't think he will provide the first hand info directly on the sub.

Lynty

Do they really have to be tailored to specific signings however?

Presumably they come up with concepts and different ideas, but I’m not so sure they wouldn’t be interchangeable amongst many players.
100% would be different.

These things aren't just announcements. Its branding, setting up fan expectations, the start of a story and it has to be portayed correctly. Throw in someone like Pogba, he would have had his very own PR consultants who would have had to be consulted pre-announcement. It would have been very easy to have his reveal videos have the 'beast mode' vibe to it. From a marketing perspective it would have made sense. Pogba's PR team would have been against such branding, as thats not the image they want of him.

Chairman Steve

I feel that proper ITKs are people that speak fairly irregularly but when they do, it’s succinct information. I’m always sceptical of the ones who speak constantly and give detailed and possibly extraneous information about stuff.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Football fans are weirdos anyway tbh. It’s literally just a couple of months, and all deals will be visible eventually. People competing to get one up on each is embarrassing.

lsd

The Oracle
Frankly they are just happy that a tier 1 journo is amongst them. I don't think he will provide the first hand info directly on the sub.

I long to live in a world where tier whatever isn't a thing

Cliche Guevara

100% would be different.

These things aren't just announcements. Its branding, setting up fan expectations, the start of a story and it has to be portayed correctly. Throw in someone like Pogba, he would have had his very own PR consultants who would have had to be consulted pre-announcement. It would have been very easy to have his reveal videos have the 'beast mode' vibe to it. From a marketing perspective it would have made sense. Pogba's PR team would have been against such branding, as thats not the image they want of him.
They don’t tend to be adverts or music videos, though, do they.

I genuinely don’t remember United announcing players through an extensive performance.

Cliche Guevara

I feel that proper ITKs are people that speak fairly irregularly but when they do, it’s succinct information. I’m always sceptical of the ones who speak constantly and give detailed and possibly extraneous information about stuff.
Yeah, it’s like you have the club’s entire internal monologue on every single player that’s a possible in our out.

I’m not sure there’s even one person who would have access to all that information at the same time.

Vissy

It is absolutely not outside the realm of possibility for reddit moderators to go to baffling lengths to chase e-fame, up to and including creating & maintaining several sockpuppet accounts to generate discussion on their subreddits. I've seen several people do that. Reddit moderators are some of the weirdest people you're going to find online.

settembrini

Pat is another r/reddevils mod but he isn't spoofex. He's just sticking up for his mate even though his mate is 100% a bullshitter and the person most responsible for that subreddit going down the toilet.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I can't navigate through Reddit very well, but 1) is it really Simon Peach that joined with that Milan dude? and 2) Did Simon Peach claim Bruno was done?

I clicked on his user and all I see are random begfriend questions to him.

gulli_G

I can't navigate through Reddit very well, but 1) is it really Simon Peach that joined with that Milan dude? and 2) Did Simon Peach claim Bruno was done?

Yes they were told to verify by posting a tweet from their official twitter handles, which they both did .

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes they were told to verify by posting a tweet from their official twitter handles, which they both did .
That's quite major no? I thought Simon Peach was a BBC equivalent level of credibility. Surprised there isn't a mass celebration on the caf?

Nick7

AFAIK Peach didn't say anything about Bruno.

gulli_G

So not so much bull crap now they have official tier 1 journo's. Xsimon also got announcement time for James correct.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Absolutely love the idea that we're busy putting in some epic PR release to accompany De Ligt's signing, which is delaying it.

Just beyond wishful thinking.

But the way people believe "Spoofex", makes me wonder if you were to set an account name of "Utter Complete BS merchant conning utter mugs", post a few updates, and see if they wonder...

Nick7

Absolutely love the idea that we're busy putting in some epic PR release to accompany De Ligt's signing, which is delaying it.

But the way people believe "Spoofex", makes me wonder if you were to set an account name of "Utter Complete BS merchant conning utter mugs", post a few updates, and see if they wonder...
He's a bullshitter but tbf he said we ain't signing De Ligt.

gulli_G

As much as we have hope in the ITK's regarding Deligt, Romano, Di Marzio and Bouhafsi who are real Tier 1's have said Barca and PSG, with Barca out, PSG are left, the fact Raiola went there, says it all. We should move on, unless Woodward was in Miami making one last attempt.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He also said we agreed personal terms with de Ligt and an announcement was expected. So yea, when he contradicts himself in every post and backtracks and claims every possible scenario then he is always going to have said everything.

settembrini

At the moment he says he doesn't know what is happening with De Ligt.
Before that he said we weren't signing De Ligt because he was joining Barcelona.
Before that he said we were signing De Ligt and he supported that Fred idiot when he was telling everyone it was a done deal.

He does the same thing with almost every player we are linked with. Constantly backtracks and changes his position with whatever the latest rumours are and comes up with utterly ridiculous narratives to try and explain it.