Reddit ITKs

Brophs

The One and Only
I literally asked my friend position by position and took notes. He wasn't too happy about the note taking but we bantered about it and I think/hope it's fine.
Seems legit.

Terminator

Did the media pick up United is willing to waive off Zaha sell on clause only today?

If so, it makes this comment interesting.

Sterling Archer

https://twitter.com/u_xisimon

He is the only ITK that ever seemed to actually have a legitimate source. For example, just before James was announced he tweeted the time it would occur:

He has done this for other deals in the past. I think he does like to embellish his tweets/ posts, and my feeling is that he is a journalist. Everyone else on reddit, as already discussed, just makes vague comments.

The problem with reddit ITK's is that initially, it was treated pretty seriously and people really did believe them. The first I remember was a guy who said Griezmann and Kohler were going to happen long before any journalist. He quit when it didn't occur, despite the Kohler sponsorship deal going through later. Each year since, there have been more ITK's including simon above. This year it seems as if it has grown exponentially. So it turned from something a little believable to complete nonsense. The problem now is that there is a lot of debate from people who still believe them and don't realize its all a joke, people who know its a joke but now want some actual United discussion and also from people who want to continue the joke as much as possible (spoofex). That was my take of it up until a few weeks ago, until someone seemed to have received some form of threats and reported it to the Police.

I quite like how its handled on redcafe. A single thread to discuss it, but nothing more. I think they've done that now on reddit but bizarrely, that spoofex is still worshiped, even though his posts, acting as a moderator as well, appear to go beyond simple "joking around" to actual proper trolling. I guess they enjoy it.
Regarding
https://www.reddit.com/user/SparkedIntoLife

Spoofex has a challenger in the contest of whom can pretend to know the most detail about United's summer plans.

It's two long posts. If you can't be bothered to read it all then 'according to his source' are squad for next season will be:

GK: De Gea, Romero (Kovar)
RB: Wan-Bissaka, Dalot (Laird)
LB: Shaw, Young (Laird)
CD: Lindelof, Ake, Smalling, Jones, Rojo
DM: Partey, Matic (Garner)
CM: Tielemans, McTominay, Fred (Garner)
AM/CM: Bruno Fernandes, Lingard (Gomes)
RW: Bale/Isco, Mata (Greenwood)
LW: Martial, James
ST: Rashford, Haller, Sanchez (Greenwood)
Having wasted my time to read that garbage - it sounds like this Chap sat down with Ed Woodward himself , the kind of detail he's giving - if true it's going to be an absolutely dire season for us. There is so much rotten. Ole seems to be ruthless enough but let's see if the club obliges his clearout

Brophs

The One and Only
Seems incredibly harsh to be so dubious about the claims of someone who took such comprehensive minutes of this dinner party/interrogation.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Tbh it is absolutely mad to think he might be sitting there making all of that up.

I'm not saying that he definitely isn't, and I acknowledge that his info is surely complete nonsense, but its just mad to think he would be just throwing all of that out there off the dome.

OneUnited24

https://www.reddit.com/user/spoofex/comments/

An update from this Spoofex character.

I dont know what he meant by the Fletcher shitting on the coaches comment.
i particularly liked this nugget:

The official stance is that unless he formally asks to leave that Pogba is staying. That said, there's a group of people now expecting that to happen, and happen fairly soon. Not everyone thinks it though.
What a long way to say, i have no idea but am covering all bases

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Tbh it is absolutely mad to think he might be sitting there making all of that up.

I'm not saying that he definitely isn't, and I acknowledge that his info is surely complete nonsense, but its just mad to think he would be just throwing all of that out there off the dome.
Perhaps he does have a legit source of some sort, and started out sharing something he actually picked up from that person. And then he found some validation, I suppose - people responded positively to what he said. And - presto, he got hooked on that validation. Might seem absurd to you or me, but there it is.

It's like those folks who claim to have seen Bigfoot. They start out sharing a genuine story about hearing or seeing something strange/inexplicable while taking a walk in the woods - and before long they're claiming that Bigfoot lives in their basement. It's not actual insanity - more like a bizarre version of children playing pretend.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Maybe not Spoofex directly but someone might be messing with him giving him fake news to spout to hundreds of his reddit cult followers.

It would be a worthy troll from a Liverpool fan.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just imagine be an ITK and start posting stuffs that is going the opposite of what spoofex said. Likely chance you will become tier 1 ITK there. :lol:

Art Vandelay

How long has he been doing it?

I mean it could just be him picking random topics and then coming up with his stories or he could have gone full mental with a spreadsheet of his previous statements. White boards with brain storming ideas. Black boards with chalk formulae drawn all over them. Pictures of players, clubs, vehicles, places all stuck to a pinboard and connected by strings with pictures of himself and Ed in the middle.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ok you're free to believe but I don't understand, where is the link on reddit?
A few of the ITKs (not Spoofex) have said they have received info that De Ligt informed us he has chosen us this past week. Apparently the club has arranged for private transport from Amsterdam to Manchester this coming week. The theory on Reddit is De Ligt will first go from Miami (where he is currently on holiday) to Amsterdam to film his goodbye and then come to Manchester. Also, someone's source who works in these announcements stuff has told him he will be busy from Tuesday to Thursday working on a new announcement for an incoming player. Make of all this what you will.

Last edited:

Irrational.

Remember that ITK who guaranteed De Ligt would be signed by 15th June (yesterday)? Fred or whatever his name was. He's deleted his account, why am I not surprised :lol:

The whole subreddit was in a frenzy after his comments and downvoted anyone who doubted his ITK knowledge.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Remember that ITK who guaranteed De Ligt would be signed by 15th June (yesterday)? Fred or whatever his name was. He's deleted his account, why am I not surprised :lol:

The whole subreddit was in a frenzy after his comments and downvoted anyone who doubted his ITK knowledge.
He had deleted his account a week or so ago though, when he apparently revealed personal information about his source. Now they are rumbling on the subreddit after this latest De Ligt info that Fred may have been right after all.:smirk:

Irrational.

He had deleted his account a week or so ago though, when he apparently revealed personal information about his source. Now they are rumbling on the subreddit after this latest De Ligt info that Fred may have been right after all.:smirk:
I will gladly eat a slice of humble pie if he turns out to be right. Let's hope he is! :D

Vissy

Jesus christ, it's gotten even worse. They call their made-up news aggregator tier speculation Mupdates.