Reddit ITKs

Tiber

More wages? More famous club? More history? Better chance at winning trophies than Spurs?

Tottenham have had a few good years but they're nowhere near us yet.
They have a far better chance of winning trophies at Juve or Spurs than here -atleast based on last year. Spurs got to the champions league final, we currently offer what? A fight for 4th and a run in the league cup?

red thru&thru

They have a far better chance of winning trophies at Juve or Spurs than here -atleast based on last year. Spurs got to the champions league final, we currently offer what? A fight for 4th and a run in the league cup?
Spurs lost 20 odd games across all competitions and only won 2 of their last 9 games. Yet they made the top 4 and CL fina . Crazy season.

Only thing I'd take from last season is that Lfc and City will be the 2 teams to catch.

Again proving how crazy last season was, Lfc only lost one game in the league and still didn't win the league.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
You clearly think you have the answer so why ask?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Juve yes, but we aren’t talking about staying at Juve.

Spurs have no better chance than we do. Getting to a final 1 year doesn’t mean the same the next.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
When was the last time Spurs won a trophy? If Pochettino goes, they have even less chance of winning anything.
How is it weird? We've won more than them in their golden era :lol:
Seeing as how we've won more in our era of gloom than they have in their golden period, I'd say it's a pretty sound statement.
We are almost guaranteed a trophy this season (Europa League), with a shot at cups. Spurs are almost guaranteed to claim top 4 spot and not win any cups as always.
If you think this United team it's better than what they have, you are deluded. Their team is far more settled and performs better.

Last season they came close to winning a CL whereas we are years away from even challenging.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If you think this United team it's better than what they have, you are deluded. Their team is far more settled and performs better.

Last season they came close to winning a CL whereas we are years away from even challenging.
Oh give over with the doom and gloom.

Being “close” is no good. perhaps if we had their side of the draw we would have got to the final too, who knows?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Spurs had what can only be called a miracle run to the final last year.
They should have been knocked out at every round.

They might finish higher in the league this year, but they're not necessarily going to change their last ten year habit and win anything.
Especially as their manager plays silly beggars in the two cups they'd have a better chance to win than the league or Euro.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Look t their run to the final. Bit lucky wouldn't you say?
Unlike Liverpool who steam rollered some teams along the way.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sean from Enderby at it again

Sean The Global Voice
‏ @seanfromenderby
4h4 hours ago

I'm hearing that #MUFC have sealed a £63 mill deal on Bruno Fernandes. Looks like they gonna be spending some serious dollar bill over next week or so! Another rival 4 that 4th spot in my opinion!

DoomSlayer

So why did we beat them just a few days ago? Oh yeah, it's just pre-season and it means nothing, right?

If they were so good, they should have wiped the floor with us.

dasty

They didn't really come close. They were in the finals through sheer luck and the whole world knows they are going to lose in the final bar some miracle. They weren't a million miles ahead of us in the league either.

They have a better team than us, yes, but they are not some untouchable team that we are nowhere close. I will concede the point if it's City or Liverpool, but not Spurs.

ayushreddevil9

So why did we beat them just a few days ago? Oh yeah, it's just pre-season and it means nothing, right?

Just like we were better than Real, Barca in 2014 right? Feck logic

DoomSlayer

Just like we were better than Real, Barca in 2014 right? Feck logic
It's different, Spurs are a competitor from the same league. So tell me, why did we beat them? They didn't play only reserves or youth players, so what happened?

They definitely played like it was a serious game and not a friendly, flying into tackles early on and stamping on our players. So why did Tottenham lose to us?

MJJ

It's different, Spurs are a competitor from the same league. So tell me, why did we beat them? They didn't play only reserves or youth players, so what happened?

They definitely played like it was a serious game and not a friendly, flying into tackles early on and stamping on our players. So why did Tottenham lose to us?
How is it different

ayushreddevil9

Laughable post. I am not foolish enough to lay judgement based on these preseason games. They mean nothing. But yeah whatever floats your boat.

0le

I believe Tottenham started preparations for the season a week later than United, so they may not have been as fit as our players. The results for pre-season, regardless of the opposition, are never an indicator for the performances for the team over the season. All that can be learned from pre-season is the general tactics a manager wishes to use and sometimes the players he favours in certain positions, depending if they are available.

Trophy Room

Mate, I get where you’re coming from but really pre-season means jack shit. Spurs are a well-oiled team. We may beat them in an odd game but over the course of a season they are better than us in the league. Shows us how far we have fallen.

sport2793

Simon joins the party
Apart from repeating what the Italians have said, simon also claims that United initially thought that Juve weren't serious and proposed the deal to try and get Inter to sell them Icardi at a lower price.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Simon needs to explain the Maguire situation before he jumps into a different transfer saga

nainaisson

Apart from repeating what the Italians have said, simon also claims that United initially thought that Juve weren't serious and proposed the deal to try and get Inter to sell them Icardi at a lower price.
I don't understand why Juve would want Icardi in the first place, but, then again, I don't understand why they'd want Lukaku.

nainaisson

Simon needs to explain the Maguire situation before he jumps into a different transfer saga
I'd prefer he explain the Bruno situation. We have two contradictory stories coming out, one from Italy that says he's all but signed for us, and one from the UK that claims we'd only consider signing him if Pogba left.

croadyman

I'd prefer he explain the Bruno situation. We have two contradictory stories coming out, one from Italy that says he's all but signed for us, and one from the UK that claims we'd only consider signing him if Pogba left.
Yeah would be good if there was anyone at all that could give some clarification on this matter.

Billy Jim

I think Simon is full of shit and the Maguire situation has proved it. He piggy backs on established reports with educated guesses and claims to have inside info.

The only remotely “ITK” thing he’s predicted is AWB’s announcement timing.

lsd

The Oracle
I see none of these ITKs were able to mention we were looking at Dybala before the story broke