Reddit ITKs

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
The guy is talking bollocks. What’s the point in following him when you can get the same level of bollocks from proper journos who at least have genuine contacts behind scenes.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Desperately trying to recover the lost credibility with his Maguire announcement. Think the jig is up for ol' Simon.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yep. I believed him at first with the Daniel James announcement timing, but starting to think that was pure guess work now.

He's trying to be the man for EVERY transfer when that just isn't possible, he should have stuck with just a few random snippets here and there. Now he's being shown up trying to be too smart.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yep. I believed him at first with the Daniel James announcement timing, but starting to think that was pure guess work now.

He's trying to be the man for EVERY transfer when that just isn't possible, he should have stuck with just a few random snippets here and there. Now he's being shown up trying to be too smart.
Indeed. He obviously knew about both AWB and James but he shot his load early with Maguire and the fact he's piggy backing on the Dybala stuff is cringy

Should have quit while he was ahead

Adam-Utd

Indeed. He obviously knew about both AWB and James but he shot his load early with Maguire and the fact he's piggy backing on the Dybala stuff is cringy

Should have quit while he was ahead
Yep. He's fallen into the Spoofex trap of trying to explain things and why he's still correct etc.

By all means he might still be genuine and trying too hard but his credibility has fallen IMO.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yep. He's fallen into the Spoofex trap of trying to explain things and why he's still correct etc.

By all means he might still be genuine and trying too hard but his credibility has fallen IMO.
He did the same on both James and AWB interestingly enough

Sterling Archer

I think this is true. His announcements were to the point, few and far between and much better for it.

As for the rest about his credibility, it's much too simple to say his credibility is gone. He's got a friend in the marketing department. That's it. He's not Ed's understudy. He's not getting briefed by the club PR. He's just passing on water cooler talk. No need to go overboard with it

Adam-Utd

I think this is true. His announcements were to the point, few and far between and much better for it.

As for the rest about his credibility, it's much too simple to say his credibility is gone. He's got a friend in the marketing department. That's it. He's not Ed's understudy. He's not getting briefed by the club PR. He's just passing on water cooler talk. No need to go overboard with it
The problem is he's trying to ACT like he has all the knowledge, when like you say he's actually just the messenger.

He's trying to build a fan base and become E famous, when all it takes is his source to tell him to bugger off and he's done and dusted.

Sterling Archer

The problem is he's trying to ACT like he has all the knowledge, when like you say he's actually just the messenger.

He's trying to build a fan base and become E famous, when all it takes is his source to tell him to bugger off and he's done and dusted.
That Spoof chap and the other ITKs do act like that.

This kid, and I keep calling him that because he is in fact a child, has shown incredible restraint and maturity for his age and considering the attention his comments are getting. The last two updates regarding Maguire and Dybala are the most elaborate that I can recall him posting in the last two seasons... If anything they strike me more as defense mechanisms because the internet is a rabid pack of dogs. Barely a day after his last typical post the hounding started.

Not just one platform. Reddit. Twitter. Redcafe.

I'm twice his age and if I get wound up from half a dozen posters here calling me out on something they don't know a damn thing about. If that turned into hundreds for just passing on some transfer gossip I'd be pretty upset.

And let's keep context :
He posted what he had. Vocally noted others when it contradicted his source (ie De Ligt...he was right). Deleted his account for abuse for the former. Was pestered to come back. And now again, numbskulls are on his back for telling them the info he has. He asks them to take it with a grain of salt and yet so few can.

TL DR
The problem is not this kid.

romufc

Desperately trying to recover the lost credibility with his Maguire announcement. Think the jig is up for ol' Simon.
Just goes to show no one actually knows what is happening.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So is Simon ITK then? Another one he got correct way before anyone else.
:lol:

Nope he aint getting this one, the fee was obviously only recently agreed so it certainly wasn't a done deal when he said it was

Josep Dowling

:lol:

Nope he aint getting this one, the fee was obviously only recently agreed so it certainly wasn't a done deal when he said it was
True reading through his prior twitter feed he said we were close with Koulibaly and De Ligt was a possibility. I think I could have guessed who we were actually after.

Thank goodness it wasn’t Lemina or Longstaff.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I’ll have to keep up to date with Simon’s “exclusives” in here. He blocked me for this :lol:

RedCurry

No doubt thousands will still be sold on this simon dude regardless of how obvious it is that he has no sources at all.

Mihai

People who still believe these "itk" are still paying taxes in iTunes cards.

Dong Fangzhuo

Obviously we were more than happy to sacrifice HM having a preseason with us to allow Leicester to sign a replacement and keep a nice cozy relationship with them. Fully expect Leicester to announce the replacement as soon as HM is official then.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
To be ABSOLUTELY fair, i will wait until Leicester sign Dunk from Brighton, who today confirmed they have signed that lad Webster from Bristol City, who would be Dunk’s replacement.

If it’s all part of a chain then it makes sense. You agree a price on a house, but you don’t buy it until the chain is complete.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So is Simon ITK then? Another one he got correct way before anyone else.
You're kidding right? A few people on caf called Sessegnon to Spurs even before winter window. Are we ITKs as well?
I'd have given him the credit had HM not played any game post this update but that wasn't the case which means that the deal wasn't done till then

Josep Dowling

You're kidding right? A few people on caf called Sessegnon to Spurs even before winter window. Are we ITKs as well?
I'd have given him the credit had HM not played any game post this update but that wasn't the case which means that the deal wasn't done till then
Merely asked the question. May on here said he was the best source a week ago.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Merely asked the question. May on here said he was the best source a week ago.
Apologies, felt that you were implying that he is an ITK here. In either ways, never believed him. He made an educated guess about James' timing and everyone aboard his train

settembrini

Simon has got a perfect record of saying United will sign a player and then United signing that player (pending an official Maguire announcement which should happen in the next couple of days). Plus the fact that he's gotten other things right such as sponsorship deals and announcement timings. Plus the fact he's consistently been proven right when other people claim a transfer is done and he has said they are wrong. I find it amazing that people think he's just been guessing all this when I've never seen any other ITK or even professional journalist come even close to his level of accuracy.

Gerald G

Simon has got a perfect record of saying United will sign a player and then United signing that player. Plus the fact that he's gotten other things right such as sponsorship deals and announcement timings. Plus the fact he's consistently been proven right when other people claim a transfer is done and he has said they are wrong. I find it amazing that people think he's just been guessing all this when I've never seen any other ITK or even professional journalist come even close to his level of accuracy.
:lol: Good one.