Film RedLetterMedia

Art Vandelay

Their channel and Jenny Nicholson’s are the only ones I watch/listen to regularly on repeat.

Even more than their number of subscribers, it’s the level of interest their subscribers take that shows how big they are. They’re like the Bowie or Dylan of anglophone film review channels.
Jenny Nicholson is a genius.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I love 90% of their stuff, and will always watch their output, but I’ve gotten a little tired of Half in Bag, especially since they’ve gotten weirdly overt about their blind spot for anything performatively feminist, that can’t help but come off as irksomely neckbeardy. Such as spending the first half of their Wonder Woman review complaining that marketing it as empowering to girls was dumb because ... Ameila Airheart existed? Or something? Or the first half of their Captain Marvel review they spent pointing out how unlikeable Brie Larson is, by regurgitating contextless click bait clips from the very worst depths of the YouTube algorithm. There’s an element of lazy South Park nihilism creeping in, which is a bit eyerolling to me.

It’s somewhat acceptable from Mike, because “schlubby Luddite” is his schtick, but it’s disappointing from Jay, whose supposedly more of a “not everything’s made for me, and thats fine” equal opportunities film buff...

Still, BOTW is always quality. And Culkin seems to have slotted in like he’s always been there. Though is anyone else a little disappointed whenever it’s a Wheel of the Worst? The bad home video stuff just doesn’t do it for me quite like the terrible B Movies do...

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Though is anyone else a little disappointed whenever it’s a Wheel of the Worst? The bad home video stuff just doesn’t do it for me quite like the terrible B Movies do...
Ya, WOTW has a much lower hitrate than regular BOTW, but the few times it's hit (Shoji Tabouchi, the Japanese Christian tape) it's been awesome.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Dunno the latest wheel of the worst was pretty epic, and so so wrong. Orgasmic birth!

Chairman Steve

Congratulations to the hack frauds! Still hoping they got a Plinkett Review up their sleeve. I’d love to watch a 90 minute video essay on why those Matrix sequels are trash.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Dunno the latest wheel of the worst was pretty epic, and so so wrong. Orgasmic birth!
I forgot it was a wheel. Ya it was excellent.
I still maintain there are far more misses with that format, especially with the types of tapes they put on there.

Raw

I like WOTW because you never know what you're going to get. The sheer randomness is what makes it exciting.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Looks like it's still good ole Kurtzverse, don't think you have to.

This might be delightfully enough.
Heard the whole thing (working, so couldn't see the video).

I still can't believe their parody with the facebook-tier IFLS lines were actually lines rom the show; I had assumed they had been exaggerating. How fecking embarrassing.
The season seems like a mess, the exact type of mess which I assumed based on posts in the Discovery thread here.

Two times I was surprised by the reference Mike picked - torpedo lodged, unexploded, in a ship happened in DS9 too (Gamma quadrant meeting with some traders; Quark and the guy he was trying to cheat have to defuse it) - Mike picked Voyager, and also Ash Tyler as a sleeper agent - he picks Geordi but I thought of Kira in Second Skin and Seska in early Voyager.

Anyway it looks awful, I'm not paying for it.

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
At this point no matter what they put out is probably going to suck donkey balls anyway, but I have a feeling that video will turn out to be a bit prophetic.
I look forward to the plinkett review of the movie more than the actual movie

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don't think they went far enough, rey and Ben will Shag and rey will go back and give birth. When they ask her name. She will say Sky walker.
“Skywalker. Schmi Skywalker”

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Just watched the last two BOTW... the Patton Oswalt one should’ve been bad, as the films were pretty lacklustre, but Patton is pretty much the perfect celeb guest for them, and fits into the crew even better than Macauley (whose gotten overused now) whereas the Rudy Ray Moore spotlight was basically the best type of BOTW movie... Hope they do the other two.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

soyfacing in the worst way right now.

i was watching S1 last week and found some decent eps there (10011100*, home soil**) among the general awfulness, wonder what they will make of them.

Edit-
* rich's 1st pick :cool:

** rich's last pick :cool: :cool:

arsenal of freedom is a good choice too. dont remember symbiosis. neutral zone, the a and b stories make no sense together.

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I'd pay for them to talk about Babylon 5 or even Farscape.
think they're going to do expanse at some point, they've mentioned it a few times.
babylon 5 has been hard to find online :( i started farscape, seemed ok. did you like it?

Sweet Square

Mike seems to have been gifted an incredible talent of holding vast amount of information inside his brain. He has used this gift on obscure Star Trek references.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
think they're going to do expanse at some point, they've mentioned it a few times.
babylon 5 has been hard to find online :( i started farscape, seemed ok. did you like it?
It's pretty awesome, both. And different, really from one another, and from Star Trek. If you're annoyed with puppeteering, Farscape might not be for you, the characters are great though, even the puppets. Babylon 5 is great all around - story, characters, cast, I'm currently re-watching it, and having a blast. And it was "remastered" recently, it's in HD now, with CGI improved over DVD, and it's home is on HBO MAX, or any better torrent site. ;)

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Mike seems to have been gifted an incredible talent of holding vast amount of information inside his brain. He has used this gift on obscure Star Trek references.
even visually!
"this 5 second shot from an episode in 1991 is a reuse of a shot from a movie in 1979"

Last edited: