Referees becoming far too lenient. Taking players out = red card!

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by simplyared, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Oct 6, 2019

simplyared Full Member

Seeing it far too often when a player is blatantly fouled by his opponent with the sole purpose of stopping a threat. Should be a red card whether it be a dangerous tackle or not. Shouldn't even matter whereabouts on the pitch either imo. Choudhury's tackle on Salah yesterday should have been red just for those reasons. Same thing happened with De Bruyne the week before. Again whether the tackle causes injury shouldn't have any say in the matter. Straight red whatever! Views on this!
  2. Oct 6, 2019

MikeUpNorth Wobbles like a massive pair of tits

Under what law is it a red card?
  3. Oct 6, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

A red is too harsh and a yellow and isn’t enough.

I think football should employ a sin bin system.

5 minutes on the bench and a yellow for a foul not attempting to play the ball and taking out an opponent would be a good deterrent.

same with a clear dive like we saw in the Leeds game.
  4. Oct 6, 2019

AlwaysRed66 Full Member

Scouser law, where decisions only go one way. Only need to look at the Mane dive & penalty at the end of yesterdays match.
  5. Oct 6, 2019

Grinner Fat gutted, hairy shouldered, stinky Arse. Staff

Supports:
    Arsenal
  6. Oct 6, 2019

horsechoker Sailor vee, this is a right off.

Yeah I think the sin bin system will be a good way to avoid overpunishing for small fouls but will have a significant enough effect to discourage dirty play.

I think however that it should be 10 minutes in the bin. In my opinion, 5 minutes is perhaps to not enough to punish a team, they could simply sit behind the ball and become very compact, 10 minutes would be a real test and serve as a deterrent.
  7. Oct 6, 2019

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots Scout

Not even sure a sinbin would work. If a team is defending a lead it'll still be worth it, then just stick 10 men behind the ball.
  8. Oct 6, 2019

The Cat Doesn't know his own mobile number

Yeah would have to be a minumum of 10 minutes.
  9. Oct 6, 2019

Eric7C New Member

And the Liverpool game.
  10. Oct 6, 2019

arthurka Full Member

Nothing wrong with this as it is . What needs to stop is letting players get away with yellow offences all game long. Stopping an attack should be a yellow not only after 75 min. That would give players problems later on in matches as many would be on a yellow card in the latter stages of matches.
  11. Oct 6, 2019

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots Scout

Definitely. Has happened to us in the early minutes and the ref has let them off. It's bollocks.
  12. Oct 6, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Problem with that one is he did get kicked so it’s always a debate - I agree though he went down easy. Never enough contact to take him down.

it’s so ridiculous that at corners you can practically wrestle your markers shirt off, but a tap of the ankle is a penalty
  13. Oct 6, 2019

Eric7C New Member

Yes, there's a huge problem with lack of nuance in football. Tapping an ankle when a player is going full pelt is different from tapping the ankle when the player is standing (and then falls over in the opposite direction). Also, it was media darlings Liverpool, so no pundit will debate it to death.
  14. Oct 6, 2019

Josep Dowling Full Member

If that was the case Liverpool and City would end the game with 5 men. Their midfield do constant fouls to stop any form of counter attack. It’s not worthy of a red, sometimes not even a yellow. I feel like they need a sin bin for that form of challenge.
  15. Oct 6, 2019

Josep Dowling Full Member

I think the analysis from Danny Murphy on MOTD was ‘we see it every week anyway’, because that makes it acceptable apparently.
  16. Oct 6, 2019

limerickcitykid There once was a kid from Toronto...

Yep, this is it. It isn't a red card and there is no need for a sin bin. Just call it properly and it's fine. The only problem with it now is refs are letting blatant intentional fouls away without even giving them a yellow for it.
  17. Oct 6, 2019

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

I'd like to see more cards for tactical fouling in the opponents half. Teams like City and Liverpool do this really well, they stop counter attacks before they truly get going knowing because it's a distance for their goal it will go largely unpunished.
  18. Oct 6, 2019

Eric7C New Member

What a moron. Even the commentators - I forget who they were - came to a very swift conclusion that the referee had made the correct decision and that there was no clear and obvious error.