Refs & VAR 2020/2021 Discussion

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Probably should start a new thread for this year.

So, how was that penalty for Liverpool allowed to stand? Are we going to assume that the VAR ref simply didn't know the rules i.e it's not a handball of it deflects off yourself onto your own hand...

If so, that's a bit shit.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Probably should start a new thread for this year.

So, how was that penalty for Liverpool allowed to stand? Are we going to assume that the VAR ref simply didn't know the rules i.e it's not a handball of it deflects off yourself onto your own hand...

If so, that's a bit shit.
Its allowed to stand because that shot was infused with the passion of 10,000 scouse strikers.

RashyForPM

That looks a clear penalty.
It was. Cock’s hand was so far away from his body it was at Elland Road. Let’s not fall to Scouser level delusion here; we’re better than that. I’d rather take the positives from their shite defending.

About the referees, they have strangely been good in these 3 games so far. Long may it continue.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It was. Cock’s hand was so far away from his body it was at Elland Road. Let’s not fall to Scouser level delusion here; we’re better than that. I’d rather take the positives from their shite defending.

About the referees, they have strangely been good in these 3 games so far. Long may it continue.
No delusion, its just the rules.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Please discuss. :lol:
It's a shame there was a few good applications in the first games. But they just can't help their little selves, can they.

The league are absolutely determined to feck up something that's supposed to help them.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That was astoundingly bad. We don't deserve anything today ... but the pen itself is harsh as feck, the need to retake it is embarrassing.

cyberman

Cant wait till they slack off 4 games in like they do every season. What a joke.

prateik

About De Gea coming off his line? Apparently the clubs were told it was going to be implemented.. Nothing wrong in that case.. Its the rule. Do it right..
Good thing is it was made clear at the start of the season and not midway through it.. As long as they are consistent, I have no problem with it.

Josh 76

About De Gea coming off his line? Apparently the clubs were told it was going to be implemented.. Nothing wrong in that case.. Its the rule. Do it right..
Good thing is it was made clear at the start of the season and not midway through it.. As long as they are consistent, I have no problem with it.
Just another stupid rule. It's hard enough for goal keepers as it is.

Josep Dowling

On what planet is that a fecking penalty? And on what planet is De Gea’s foot not on the line? Ref should be investigated on both decisions. Absolute state of refereeing in this county.

Fooza

What if DDG was again millimetres off the line when Zaha took it, would it have been taken again and again? But of course they didn't show replays of that.

Hulme91

We're going to be targeted this year due to the media induced hysteria from last season
You could see it coming a mile off

prateik

Just another stupid rule. It's hard enough for goal keepers as it is.
No its not. Its not meant to be easy for the goalkeepers during a pen..
Its a penalty. The clue is in the name. The attacking side should have the advantage.

cj_sparky

It's designed to stop keepers doing what Tim Krul does imho.

prateik

It's designed to stop keepers doing what Tim Krul does imho.
Its hard to make a rule that is open to interpretation.. There will be no consistency.
The not coming off the line is an old rule. It is being implemented now that it can be using tech.. Everyone was informed.. Do it right.

Complaining about not being allowed to cheat a little makes no sense. Dont come off the line.. If you need that forward motion to lunge into the save, start from 6 inches behind the line.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Maybe because I watch a lot of European football and I’m used to seeing things like that given but I think it’s a penalty.

prateik

What if DDG was again millimetres off the line when Zaha took it, would it have been taken again and again? But of course they didn't show replays of that.
Why would they? De Gea didnt gain anything form it in that case.
Its similar for encroachment.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's the rules we should discuss not the referee today.
Pogba got his shoe taken off when he was tripped in the first half and no pen. Ayew chips the ball up into the hand of Lindelöf and it's a pen. Referee is very much up to discussion and certainly VAR.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
This micro analysis video replay of a fast paced contact sport is well on its way to ruining it. Well done, money.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
You've got no problems with dumb as shit rules?

UncleBob

They somehow manage to make things worse, all the time.

The absolute incompetent morons

cyberman

Its hard to make a rule that is open to interpretation.. There will be no consistency.
The not coming off the line is an old rule. It is being implemented now that it can be using tech.. Everyone was informed.. Do it right.

Complaining about not being allowed to cheat a little makes no sense. Dont come off the line.. If you need that forward motion to lunge into the save, start from 6 inches behind the line.
How can a keeper do that with the way players delay their run up and wait for the keepers movement? Penaltys will forever be retaken if as strict as that.

Stactix

New tactic this season just smash the ball into players hands from inches a way.