Regan Poole

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'd doubt any article which quotes lifeismufc as a source.

khoazany

Is he still not allowed to play for us? What's the issue here, I thought we bought him from Newport directly? Or did we sign him off a youth contract at Newport and need to pay compensation?
The only problem is he's Welsh so is treated as a "foreigner" and need international clearance which even people at the club don't know why it's taking so long to go through.

Varun

Staff
What's going on with their guy? Still not cleared to play for us?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
It is a farce at this point and I am not sure if the club are at fault or not, I don't suspect we are, but whoever is holding this up has wasted nigh on a year of a young professionals career, I would be fuming if I was him.

Gerald G

Finally. I'm not sure whether he will be playing for the U21s or U18s but I hope he does a good job.

Wasted 5 months of his time because of international clearance? That's a bit of a joke.

But good for him now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Finally. I'm not sure whether he will be playing for the U21s or U18s but I hope he does a good job.

Wasted 5 months of his time because of international clearance? That's a bit of a joke.

But good for him now.
Well no he's been training with us. He can now play in official academy matches.

Sid234

Just noticed that he's in our EL squad.. Can he play as a fullback?

edit: Just noticed that CBJ, McNair, Adnan and Pereira aren't listed. Is that because they are considered home grown players and U21?

ottosec

edit: Just noticed that CBJ, McNair, Adnan and Pereira aren't listed. Is that because they are considered home grown players and U21?
Adnan is cup tied, the others are U21.

Asger

Yeah, but I'm not sure about Adnan, he did play with Dortmund in EL before.

m1y2

His debut and Did well in midfield today.

Reminded me a bit of Phil Jones.
same what I said in the other thread, had some crucial blocks, seems to me as the same type of player... hopefully he'll develop well

Classical Mechanic

Impressive stuff. Did Bower say that he has already played at senior level for Newport age 16 and a few days? He looked a mature and intelligent player and with him being given a Euro Cup number so soon the coaching staff must rate him very highly too.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Impressive stuff. Did Bower say that he has already played at senior level for Newport age 16 and a few days? He looked a mature and intelligent player and with him being given a Euro Cup number so soon the coaching staff must rate him very highly too.
Yeah 16 senior appearances over last season and the early part of this one.

Sid234

Not surprising that the club have him in the EL squad plus he has trained with the 1st team earlier this season.. Van Gaal must rate him

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
In the 18 man squad. I guess he must have been training a lot with the first team during his international clearance wait. Bit surprising that he has immediately over took TFM and Williams too.

Sid234

In the 18 man squad. I guess he must have been training a lot with the first team during his international clearance wait. Bit surprising that he has immediately over took TFM and Williams too.
Must have really stood out for Van Gaal to bring him with the team. Plus, he does have 1st team experience already under his belt, and like you said, he must have been training regularly with the seniors to fill in for injured defenders in training.

but If we really did rate him so highly, why did we not try to get his international clearance done quicker?!

ottosec

Must have been very impressive in training, it's not often you see players being given debut at 17 for United.

Sid234

Very surprising how quickly he's been fast tracked to the 1st team.. I'd have expected Williams to be ahead of him, must be really highly rated.
I really fear how hiring Mourinho would affect all this next year.

I really doubt we'll see many youngsters get a chance. I know injuries have forced us to play so many youngsters but even Van Gaal had the likes of Rashford, Poole, Weir, Goss, etc training with the 1st team from the start of the season

Brightonian

I really doubt we'll see many youngsters get a chance. I know injuries have forced us to play so many youngsters but even Van Gaal had the likes of Rashford, Poole, Weir, Goss, etc training with the 1st team from the start of the season
Yes, plus Van Gaal deliberately reduced the size of the squad precisely because he prefers to call on youngsters to fill gaps rather than having a lot of fringe senior players just sitting around waiting for injuries. Obviously he couldn't have predicted the depth of this injury crisis but nonetheless playing all these kids hasn't been forced on him anywhere near as much as people are suggesting.