Regime Change

Water Melon

A brilliant post below by @Russky14

Well where do I start

I have supported Utd since 1976, so know what it is like to go through years of a few cups with Scouserpool winning all before them, and it’s probably that reversal in fortunes (back to the future) that is becoming a nightmare on elm street. Well it should be - if you have any feeling about the club with the team down East Lancs Road looking to dominate for a few years.

Don't get me wrong domination as we had for 25 years & the Scousers before that will not occur again to that extent. The prats that are Ex pro pundits were calling Man City creating a dynasty for the next 10 years (M Keown words last April) are complete drivel. Domination now is probably 3 years, success of one club will be interjected by other clubs throwing money at it too, so no domination.

However, seeing our closest rivals (forget City) looking like equaling our title haul over the next 3 years makes me really angry in the context of the complete mis-management of our club in the years proceeding and after Klopp's arrival. Its beggar’s belief. The whole club is rotten and we can see the gradual impact of the Glazers ownership under the Stewardship of Woodward = downward.
We now have a manager who is being given so much rope that it deifies logic. The reason he can get away with it is because he is a leg-end. Look at other clubs changing quickfire.

However, the real reason is that the incompetence of the current Regime led by Colonel Gaddafi and his Lieutenant Matt Judge has led us to a situation where we have declined when more money has come into the game and bad decisions since 2009 in both structure, purchases and management have ultimately led to where we are now OGS (24/12 "we are behind on development") FFS. Yes since 2009 look at the buys mostly pap apart from Van Persie & that was a 12-month Fergie Elastoplast.

As for the fans we are in a prescription med haze. A big chunk are on diazepam from the supportive nonsense I can see on threads within this site. Sorry its needs to be said. OGS is no Fergie. The latter rocked up after breaking the Old Firm monoploy plus the CWC to boot. Klopp rocked up with success too. On the other hand we went for has beens in Jose & LVG.

1) in support of OGS under this re-build plan.

Re-build plan

The only reason it’s a re=build plan over 3 years is because of Gaddafi incompetent decisions in wasting money, quite simply a power crazed tax accountant who thinks he is a business man & a DOF. Very few accountants are real business men - why because I am an accountant too and I am not a businessman. Remember he took over the Utd commercial juggernaut. All he has done is create official partners syndrome "official partner to anaerobic digester industry" FFS.

2) babbling on about things like "Mid-season assessment and your expectations"

FFS it was over before we kicked a ball. Next season is over before we have kicked a ball. Forget any cups this season too. That shambolic & clueless team selection by OGS v Arsenal followed by not even a real shot in anger shows where we are. We only beat Burnley & Newcastle because of defensive blunders!!!!!! Wolves next = defeat the way they are generally playing they will counter attack us end of. City up next in the Caraboa = defeat. Do not delude yourselves if you have any sense and care. You should be very concerned - very.
The L/T "re-build plan" is down to finances. We are going to have c 70m less in revenue this year than last & Woody needs to balance the books for the Adams family dividends, so that means less convertible free cashflow due to reduced margins = less capital investment, whether facilities or players.
Get real the tax accountant is re-aligning budgetary expectations of dept managers in the business (incl OGS then again, he was hired on some basis that aligns with this). It’s the kind of shite that I do. Its good business management, but hey we are the famous "Manchester United the biggest club on the planet". Urm the way we are heading with a dysfunctional Regime the latter phrase is just like the legendary Phoenix - in the ashes.

3) "how do we break down sides"

This youth thing is just buying the owners and Woody time with our amateur hypnotist at the helm OGS. "This is what we do at Utd" after PSG. Do what - we got lucky!
Look at Klopp - just gone and bought a Jap player from Salzburg. Their youth system is worse than ours. Yes "Terence Trent Alexander Arnold Darby" has come through, but is there anything else going to come their "wishing well" (sorry could not reset it) err no. He's just adding to the squad and at some point, they will need to spend big, when their revenue/margin stream is increasing as ours falls. Basically, it producing very little. It’s the same at City. The only club with real breakthrough talent is Chelski but they have been buying parents our for over 10 years (like we did). Out of our youngster s I can only see Greenwood, maybe Williams and ANO making it at our club & even then they are no class of 92. Football has changed.

So,

REGIME CHANGE

This needs to be done visibly & vocally at home and away matches (not stunts like banners on the end of a plane). Very large visible banners and a big chunk of the fans in the ground consistently making their voices heard. not just a couple of k we need around 15 to 20k. They need to be made uncomfortable by the vocal intent. So how do you do this?

Look, my own issue is that I am based in Newcastle and have little opportunity to make home games but I am as red and passionate about Utd as any 30yr season ticket holder believe me. So, who on here go to games and are willing to start a something that will put pressure on the Adams family & Colonel Gadhafi = with the net result of out for both / a dilution in their control with Ed out of football matters?

This requires both Social media and old school leafleting etc. etc. Getting leaflets printed dropping these in at pubs pre-match, stirring up a rhetoric similar to the Farage & UKIP movement resulting in Brexit. It can be done, but somewhere here there are many people who want the same but it’s about coordinating this and getting sorry "the sheep to follow" nowt will happen. You need to create traction.

This is more about supporting the team. Teams come and go. This is about the famous "Manchester United the biggest club on the planet". Do we want to be the next Milan? No

Are we happy to see the lucky Scousers "yes there were dead & buried 7 years back" but with some executive insight via FSG and a huge slice of luck re-timing (Klopp & some other aspects), they may dominate? No.

All the other threads on here are absolutely nonsensical sorry, just rant wagons and worry about the now. Get a grip fellow supporter and let’s start something. Look at what Greta Thunberg has managed to do - a 12-year-old with Asperger’s FFS.

So, my first request and sorry Mr. Admin man on here. Rules are rules but as an accountant you need to sometimes bend these, I need someone on here to start a thread entitled "REGIME CHANGE" and then allow me with my paltry 60+ posts to get this on it. Who is willing to do this? Who is also willing to constructively create a movement both physical and on-line to get this seriously moving within a relatively short timeframe? This needs planning but that re plenty out there with both intelligence and passion who can make this work.

Up to you because we are all being led down a path of delusion orchestrated by the Executive at the top and with Ole doing, he his "look into my eyes my eyes not round eyes. 1 2 3 you are now back in the room".

We need a movement to get these greedy cretins out of our club. They either start spending their own cash = no, or the parasites feck off. Let’s get some consensus down as to mode of delivery and the messages that are needed to get across. Let’s deal in objectivity and rationale feeling not hysterical bull carp or crack pot ideas.

So, who is Spartacus or Greta to get this rolling?

red thru&thru

I'm guessing the OP is referring to some of the Glazer's Out movements. There's a few of them on social media but nothing will do the job like a boycott of games or protests outside the ground.

But like the OP points out, people who are passionate for the club may not be turning up to games, the above won't really happen. You have had instances where the away fans have voiced their concerns against the Glazers but it can only happen in front of the tv cameras, at OT. So guys like the OP have to attend and make themselves heard, rather than writing posts from Newcastle

Russky14

So guys like the OP have to attend and make themselves heard, rather than writing posts from Newcastle
Red you are correct. That is my main point. A the moment though all I am seeing is sheep syndrome. Me being in Newcastle is useless re "foot soldier". Boots on the ground required at OT and the local pubs beforehand. Easier said than done. However, like I said Farage consistently banged the drum & the message will eventually get through.

I am happy to put some money in this to get the thing rolling. Are others - I am sounding you all out here!!

Sorry Kotsur that my post was somewhat boring, but I have supported Utd since I was 9 so over 40 years. The fact I have 60 posts on here is irrelevant, I am seeing my club ruined just when the fecking Scousers are picking up & its going to get a lot worse. No point posting 28k posts if you ain't willing to do nowt.

If no one on here can get galvanised to attempt to start something, then my and your club is well & truly fecked!

Sheep or wolf?

Flying high

'amateur hypnotist '

Nice start to your campaign there.

I'd suggest trying to bring people on board with concrete plans. Showing what you have done and intend to do, along with plans that others may be able to join in and assist.

I'd advise against alienating large parts of the fan-base from the outset.

Good luck though, most of our fans slept in 2005. We might have to get relegated before some will finally wake up to the cancer that is the Glazer family ownership.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
We know they've got the AWB but what about the WMD?

NWRed

Is there a TLDR?
Nothing you haven't read a thousand times already.

Woodward is incompetent, OGS isn't good enough (Klopp had won the Bundesliga don't you know), fans need to agitate for change blah blah blah

red thru&thru

Red you are correct. That is my main point. A the moment though all I am seeing is sheep syndrome. Me being in Newcastle is useless re "foot soldier". Boots on the ground required at OT and the local pubs beforehand. Easier said than done. However, like I said Farage consistently banged the drum & the message will eventually get through.

I am happy to put some money in this to get the thing rolling. Are others - I am sounding you all out here!!

Sorry Kotsur that my post was somewhat boring, but I have supported Utd since I was 9 so over 40 years. The fact I have 60 posts on here is irrelevant, I am seeing my club ruined just when the fecking Scousers are picking up & its going to get a lot worse. No point posting 28k posts if you ain't willing to do nowt.

If no one on here can get galvanised to attempt to start something, then my and your club is well & truly fecked!

Sheep or wolf?
Fair play to you. Like some have said, it really takes some effort to get this going as a lot more ridicule such ideas, than welcome them. Or, you only hear more of the negative people and the people do agree with your outlook, just can't be bothered to comment.

For any such movements to take place, credible arguments would have to be made. People always talking about draining the money out of United is usually the biggest argument for them to be shifted out but then there is always the counter argument that the figures banded about aren't correct etc etc.

I'm at a stage where I have to think about every argument I make, as there will always be people to try and call you out on it...especially if you're trying to make a factual claim.

RedIan

Only 12 replies to the thread, seems the support to start some sort of revolution to remove the glazers and woodward isn't there. There have been anti Glazer movements previously but all failed and whilst i agree with much of the original post sentiments, apathy prevents it from taking off.

There is still a lot of support for Ole, his name rings around the stadiums on match days, especially when we win. If ole was an outsider to Manchester United then I think the Ole out chants would be strong but he is a club legend so many will not turn on him.

We need a new CEO and director of football. getting that done seems beyond us, i suspect only some serious failure (relegation or near to) will achieve it, not that i want that. I want my team to win and to entertain me and i support them through the good days and bad days.

Like the original poster my support started in earnest through the Tommy Doc days, we then had Sexton and big Ron before Fergie. we haven’t always been successful and have no Devine right to it but we had many great successful years with Fergie.. the decline started when Fergie retired and at the same time Woodward became CEO and had his first transfer window in Jan 2013... no coincidence I’m sure.

Step forward Greta - i wont hold my breath though.

::sonny::

With glazers and Woodward you can expect a relegation in 2-3 years

needs to remove them

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Only 12 replies to the thread, seems the support to start some sort of revolution to remove the glazers and woodward isn't there. There have been anti Glazer movements previously but all failed and whilst i agree with much of the original post sentiments, apathy prevents it from taking off.

There is still a lot of support for Ole, his name rings around the stadiums on match days, especially when we win. If ole was an outsider to Manchester United then I think the Ole out chants would be strong but he is a club legend so many will not turn on him.

We need a new CEO and director of football. getting that done seems beyond us, i suspect only some serious failure (relegation or near to) will achieve it, not that i want that. I want my team to win and to entertain me and i support them through the good days and bad days.

Like the original poster my support started in earnest through the Tommy Doc days, we then had Sexton and big Ron before Fergie. we haven’t always been successful and have no Devine right to it but we had many great successful years with Fergie.. the decline started when Fergie retired and at the same time Woodward became CEO and had his first transfer window in Jan 2013... no coincidence I’m sure.

Step forward Greta - i wont hold my breath though.
Or perhaps its more to do with the fact that there are already several threads like this so there is nothing new here at all

Im sure most agree that Woodward needs to go (although bizarrely I even see some posters support him over Ole which is totally ridiculous) but as long as the money keeps rolling in then hes probably here to stay. Relegation is not happening but even a sustained period out of the CL may change the owners view

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Wow, this should be at the beginning so other people can know not to read it.
At best you get a cleaner planet and healthier life, at worst we're all dead. I don't see the problem here.

wolvored

Sadly I cant see anything changing. OT will still be 90-100% full next season. Woody will still be in charge. The thing is while the business that is now MU plc is still making tons of cash, you will never get the Glazers to leave. It would take someone like the Saudis to offer 4 maybe 5 billion to get them out.

Mal donaghy

The only way yo get rid of the Adam's family, is stop attending games and stop buying the merch, once the money stops
Maybe they will sell up ,?

Simon Jones

REGIME CHANGE

This needs to be done visibly & vocally at home and away matches (not stunts like banners on the end of a plane). Very large visible banners and a big chunk of the fans in the ground consistently making their voices heard. not just a couple of k we need around 15 to 20k. They need to be made uncomfortable by the vocal intent. So how do you do this?
The idea that we protest for regime change by attending Man Utd games both home or away is and has always been totally flawed. The Glazers will happily take your cash from your ticket purchase and will continue to make their millions from running the club.

Think of it as any product. If you want to protest against Starbucks Coffee because you don't like their tax dodging, you don't protest by going and buying your coffee in Starbucks with 20,000 other folk who are also protesting by buying coffee in Starbucks. You protest against Starbucks by deciding to not buy your coffee there, at least until you are convinced they have changed their practices.

The way, and ONLY way, to hurt the Glazers and to convince them to sell the club is to stop attending games. And to stop attending games on mass. That will no doubt be painful for many people to make that step. I totally understand that. But there is no question that by continuing to attend the games you are supporting the regime/Glazers. Whether you sit there in the stand and shout against the Glazers or you sit there and wave an anti-Glazer banner, you are supporting the regime. Same as if you continue to buy your coffee in Starbucks but sit in the cafe waving an anti-starbucks flag.

Empty seats, a huge fall in revenue, and they would soon be looking to sell up.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I've read three quarters of it and was wondering when we get to the brilliant part?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sadly I cant see anything changing. OT will still be 90-100% full next season. Woody will still be in charge. The thing is while the business that is now MU plc is still making tons of cash, you will never get the Glazers to leave. It would take someone like the Saudis to offer 4 maybe 5 billion to get them out.
Attendances are starting to drop off at a rapid rate. Not sold out tonight for a derby in a semi final incredibly.

The writing is on the wall for the Glazers. It's matter of when not if. The value of the club is only going to go down from here on in as we are falling further and further away. Finished 19 behind City's 100 title season. We might finish 40 behind Liverpool this time.

wolvored

Attendances are starting to drop off at a rapid rate. Not sold out tonight for a derby in a semi final incredibly.

The writing is on the wall for the Glazers. It's matter of when not if. The value of the club is only going to go down from here on in as we are falling further and further away. Finished 19 behind City's 100 title season. We might finish 40 behind Liverpool this time.
Short term pain sometimes leads to long term gain. Lets hope it works this time.

Russky14

Well here we are. This thread was kindly started on my behalf by Water Melon as I an under 12 member or something. Sorry Admin.

I will have a go here at our fans as I have just watched in my local utter tripe (Willians, Gomes & Greenwood are excused as well as Fred) with my City supporting neighbour up here in Newcastle. Sorry with that clueless, gormless and uninspiring Regime puppet of a manager we have got what we have deserved via Woody. Hey its Ole nice guy!

We have fundamentally got OGS because the Regime have worked out that their prior cock ups in the last six years means no CL football for a few seasons (the forward looking statement in the a/c's state that under risks). Basically the OGS appointment was a way for the Regime to condition you that it will take 30 transfer windows (sorry irony) to get the right players (all British of course) at the right price (over paying with the Wallys at play).

The whole point of this thread was to see what appetite there is there to do anything. Me being in the NEast is useless completely useless. The change is required in the ground by season ticket holders. A few boos at HT and a huff and puff 2nf half performance should fool nobody. So who the feck on here attends home games, who has contacts that can start to get the message across.

Lets be honest this is a long shot, Look at Newcastle & the Ashley out campaign, its ineffective. Why? Because its about supporting your team. but there is a difference because pre 15 years ago its was your team now its just a commercial vehicle to promote another business Sports Direct, another State or the dividends of Adams family in our case.

All I want to gauge who is and who has the desire to do something. There are other threads to moan on.

If there is no one willing or capable then we are doomed to bullcarp for years.

Josep Dowling

Well here we are. This thread was kindly started on my behalf by Water Melon as I an under 12 member or something. Sorry Admin.

I will have a go here at our fans as I have just watched in my local utter tripe (Willians, Gomes & Greenwood are excused as well as Fred) with my City supporting neighbour up here in Newcastle. Sorry with that clueless, gormless and uninspiring Regime puppet of a manager we have got what we have deserved via Woody. Hey its Ole nice guy!

We have fundamentally got OGS because the Regime have worked out that their prior cock ups in the last six years means no CL football for a few seasons (the forward looking statement in the a/c's state that under risks). Basically the OGS appointment was a way for the Regime to condition you that it will take 30 transfer windows (sorry irony) to get the right players (all British of course) at the right price (over paying with the Wallys at play).

The whole point of this thread was to see what appetite there is there to do anything. Me being in the NEast is useless completely useless. The change is required in the ground by season ticket holders. A few boos at HT and a huff and puff 2nf half performance should fool nobody. So who the feck on here attends home games, who has contacts that can start to get the message across.

Lets be honest this is a long shot, Look at Newcastle & the Ashley out campaign, its ineffective. Why? Because its about supporting your team. but there is a difference because pre 15 years ago its was your team now its just a commercial vehicle to promote another business Sports Direct, another State or the dividends of Adams family in our case.

All I want to gauge who is and who has the desire to do something. There are other threads to moan on.

If there is no one willing or capable then we are doomed to bullcarp for years.
Sorry to say but match going fans don’t seem to care about what they see on the pitch. Their loyalty with no reward is utterly bizarre. In no other business could you still profit off such a spectacular failure towards your ‘customers’.

I’ve sunk to my lowest low with the club this evening. We are so far away from City it’s beyond comprehension. The gap between us and Liverpool is far greater.

I see nothing to suggest we are going in the right direction.

Jones playing and not performing, he’s been here 8 years and not performed for 8 years. And yet got rewarded with a 4 year contract only last summer. Because of this Smalling has to be loaned out and is having a great season at Roma.

Lingard still starting even though he’s now been subbed at half time twice in the last few weeks and subbed around the 60th minute in another game. Surely being subbed that early 3 times is indication not to start him? But here’s the problem we have no midfielder to start ahead of him. His contract is due for renewal. Surely we can’t offer him an extension?

No sign of any players coming in with our midfield injury woes. Young going out the door with no replacement coming in. That would leave our senior players as Matic, Mata and De Gea. One has his foot out of the door this summer. The other two are the nicest guys in football. Not exactly going to be vocal in the dressing room. I’m sure providing your autobiography to the entire changing room as an Xmas present then getting them to post it all over social media will retain your nice guy persona. Remember a 22 year old Rashford is being called a senior player, it’s a ridiculous situation, he’s still a kid.

We have signed just 5 players in 2 years with a net spend under £100m. 2 of those signings were speculative buy. So in two seasons we have signed 3 players for the first 11. It’s not enough no matter how much we may have spent on Maguire, Fred and AWB.

We are being run by a bunch of incompetent oathes. Glazers, Woodward and Judge need lynching. I hate all of them. They have completely ruined something I absolutely love and it kills me everytime I have to watch United this season. The small glimmer was the Spurs and City games in December but that’s already the distant past.

Please if you’re a match going fan start something. Get Woodward and Judge out first. Until we have a proper structure and direction in place we are going to struggle.

SCJY

Been a supporter myself since 1991, but if Jesse Lingard gets a new contract, I'm giving up on watching football altogether in protest.

I'm not a regular match-goer myself, so obviously the impact of me no longer supporting actively United is vanishingly small, but still... I'm really sick of the current regime that is destroying this great club from the inside-out.

I'll unsubscribe from all United-related YouTube Channels, delete all football-related bookmarks and just generally turn a blind-eye to football-related matters altogether. It's all just too much for me. Life is too short to support a team that just don't give a crap about its fans.

Russky14

One simple question.

Who on here goes to OT on a regular basis? This is the key point here. If we are in reality we are TV & keyboard warriors a differing strategy is required.

Russky14

Well great to see some dissent in the ground directed at the Regime leaders!

As for Ole typical employee response "As a club, we have got to stick together and be united," added Solskjaer.

But this one is pure licking your employers derrière. Absolutely pathetic

"We are a family and I can only say from my time here I have been backed by the owners and backed by Ed. They are supporting me so we have to stick together."

and the

"So the fans have to believe me when I say I feel we are doing loads of good things behind the scenes, we are going in the right directions.

"You saw the attitude, effort and work-rate, that is the core of the group that will go forward."

FFS - very few believe in you at all - no track record and no obvious tactical know how apart from Plan A. The boys are training hard - brilliant but can't see any anything that demonstrates this on the pitch.

Anyway - the appointment of the Regime of another PR person. Says it all really PR not a DOF.

Lynty

Possibly the worst written post(s) I've seen in a long time. How did this guy get out the newbies.