Reiss Nelson...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Jadon Sancho is the Englishman getting all of the plaudits in Germany, but Nelson has been just as impressive. Scored another very good goal today, and has been their main attacking threat.

If Sancho has done enough for an international call-up at the same age, Nelson can’t be a million miles away.

xonyo

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal did some good business in tying him down to a long term contract before he went. If he keeps this form up he should walk into the first team in Mhki's position next season.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
This is one of the first times that I can remember when a loan move abroad has paid dividends.

Can't wait to see him back in the squad next season.

Classical Mechanic

Maitland-Niles started the other night aswell.
He came on as sub for Leichsteiner when he got injured IIRC. It was disappointing because Nketiah (he's another really talented English youngster, 16 goals in 17 apps for England) was just about to come but that sub got scrapped. Maitland-Niles has started in the PL for Arsenal this season but is just coming back from injury.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He came on as sub for Leichsteiner when he got injured IIRC. It was disappointing because Nketiah (he's another really talented English youngster, 16 goals in 17 apps for England) was just about to come but that sub got scrapped. Maitland-Niles has started in the PL for Arsenal this season but is just coming back from injury.
Yes was trusted enough by Emery to start for them at LB v Man. City first game. Pretty sure his long term position will be in midfield though.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Maitland-Niles started the other night aswell.
Just maybe my opinion but Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saka and Greenwood are "special talents".

Maitland-Niles, Nketiah and John-Jules are "very good talents".

Also great to see that Holding plays so well.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Must be because Hoffenheim are not as glamorous as Dortmund, but I would have thought the English press would be making more of a fuss of an 18 year old Englishman who has what, 6 Bundesliga goals in 5 starts? Good goals at that.

JoaquinJoaquin

Must be because Hoffenheim are not as glamorous as Dortmund, but I would have thought the English press would be making more of a fuss of an 18 year old Englishman who has what, 6 Bundesliga goals in 5 starts? Good goals at that.
Yeah I've been shocked at the lack of press that Nelson has received. Then again, the Sancho press only started just before he was called up, he was largely ignored prior to that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah I've been shocked at the lack of press that Nelson has received. Then again, the Sancho press only started just before he was called up, he was largely ignored prior to that.
They certainly ramped it up just before his call up, but he’s been discussed all season with Nelson barely getting a mention.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Most of our press here don't care about English players abroad (even though they constantly bang on about them should take that as a career route). Hardly any mention of any of the ones Chelsea loaned out to Holland over last few years and Sancho was only properly talked about when he was called up for England (and predictably that was mainly when he should come back to premier league even though he plays for a top 10 club in european football).

There's only interest when a high profile one goes abroad like Beckham and Owen and then it's wall to wall coverage.

Utdstar01

Tbf if you have BT Sport, they spaff themselves silly over him and Sancho in their bundesliga coverage.

Utdstar01

Just maybe my opinion but Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saka and Greenwood are "special talents".

Yeah I don't see the fuss in Maitland-Niles. There's plenty more of his Ilk coming through the England ranks that are more promising.

Not sure I agree with Holding though. He's been fortunate in a few games this season. Just looks a bit dodgy.

Classical Mechanic

I think Nketiah is arguably the best of the bunch. Not a fan of The Cats nephew. Think Xavier Amaechi is a top class talent too, not sure if he's injured as I haven't seen him with England this season.

JoaquinJoaquin

Tbf if you have BT Sport, they spaff themselves silly over him and Sancho in their bundesliga coverage.
Do they? I usually watch Bundesliga through American sources, but glad to see BT giving him credit. BT's Euro coverage is very good I must say.

Utdstar01

Do they? I usually watch Bundesliga through American sources, but glad to see BT giving him credit. BT's Euro coverage is very good I must say.
Yeah, he's been getting alot of plaudits. Not sure why he didn't start today though, pretty sure he's either their top scorer or close to being so now.

Boycott

There are two obvious reasons that Nelson doesn't get the praise or exposure Sancho gets.

The first is Nelson is only on loan at Hoffenheim so it is a strictly developmental move for a year before he returns to Arsenal. Who knows whether he'll be in the Arsenal side right away. Whereas Sancho going away permanently means he has earned the right to be billed as the most coveted youngster on the market. He was willing to push for a transfer even going AWOL for pre-season and he is vindicated. It's always a bigger story when a player forces a move away.

The second is the potential. Nelson is a fantastic young player in his own right but Sancho is the kind of dynamic and exciting player you only need to see once to think he can go right to the very top.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He's on a hot run of form at the moment, scoring a goal every 54 minutes.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think it would be a mistake to call him back.Let him play a full season, gain as much as he can and try his luck at Arsenal next season with a full Emery pre-season.