Relegation battle 2019/20

baskinginthesun

Would love to see Bournemouth stay up. However, I think Howe has lost his touch/dressing room or something. They cannot get out of their awful form and are struggling to score goals. If it's not sorted out, especially with a tough April they are probably done.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
It wasn't wholly down to the playing style. Hughton had lost the dressing room. Form from Xmas to end of the season was atrocious.
Agree with this, also I think we'll just do enough to stay up, there are worse teams in the mix than Brighton. My guess would be Norwich, Watford and Villa.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Do relegated players even go that cheap any more? They used to go for peanuts before the Premier League introduced the much more sizeable parachute payments when clubs were desperate, but different circumstances now I'd have thought?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Tough run in for Brighton but below is my predictions, I reckon we can pick up 13 points from these fixtures which would give us 41 points and just scrape safety, biggest thing in our favour is that there are teams around and below us that are far worse than we are. We stayed up with 36 and 40 points the last two seasons. Though I have a weird feeling we might be the team that beats Liverpool, still putting that to one side as it makes no sense, but might stick a cheeky tenner on it!

Palace h - win
Wolves a - draw
Arsenal h - draw
Leicester a - loss
Man Utd h - loss
Norwich a - win
Liverpool h - loss
Man City h - loss
Southampton a - draw
Newcastle h - win
Burnley a - draw

MichaelRed

I was talking about if Villa stay up.
Yeah but that's why we need them relegated. He'd probably set us back 70m+ imo if they stay up because they'll be after Maddison money. If they go down they won't be in a position to decline a decent offer even around 40m. That's money that could improve the squad elsewhere.

Dante

Average bang
Villa into the relegation zone now (to be fair, with a game in hand). But their run-in looks really bad.

I think it'll be Norwich (too far behind), Villa (no proper striker) and Watford (no goalscorers) who go down. Possibly the best set of the relegated teams from the PL in any season.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Would like it to be Bournemouth, Brighton and Watford.

They've all been around a while and it's hard to get excited about any upcoming game against them. You'd not notice they'd gone. Plus that would mean Norwich staying up which would be a good story and fightback in itself.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Poor Norwich, win last night only to see West Ham win today

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Bournemouth are in trouble I would love to see Norwich getting out of it.
Watford Bournemouth and villa would be my choice now.

West Ham will get dragged back into it again they have Arsenal, Wolves and Spurs next.

croadyman

Yeah the results this weekend have certainly gone against Villa without them even kicking a ball, could have been a even worse situation for them if Bournemouth had held on against Chelsea like it looked might happen until the last 5 minutes

Perseus

Brighton & HA seem to be sleep walking to relegation. Will they wake up? Or is it too late already?

Dante

Average bang
PosTeamPWDLFAGDPoints
13Newcastle United2998122541-1635
14Southampton29104153552-1734
15Brighton29611123240-829
16West Ham2976163550-1527
17Watford2969142744-1727
18Bournemouth2976162947-1827
19Aston Villa2774163452-1825
20Norwich2956182552-2721

I think Newcastle and Southampton are now safe.

Norwich are already out of it.

It's going to be two out of Brighton, West Ham, Watford, Bournemouth and Villa for the other relegation spots.

Villa's next five games are against Leicester, Chelsea, Wolves, Liverpool and United. I think it's going to be difficult for them. Brighton and Bournemouth have a tricky run-ins as well*.

Watford's run-in is probably the easiest of the bunch*.

*on paper, at least

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Think WHU will survive. Their last 3 games, they've won 1 but were arguably the better side today and lost to Pool only due to Fabianski's errors

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s hard to see where Bournemouth get many points between now and seasons end, but I hope either them or Villa can turn it on somehow.

I need to see another Moyes failure

Paul_Scholes18

West Ham and Watford got the best fixtures to stay up.
Villa could do it if they beat West Ham in the last game. Could be a massive game for both.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I think Bournemouth will be the third to go down (Villa and Norwich are done); West Ham would be my choice of side to feck-off, but unfortunately there is so much shite down there that I think they'll get away with it.

Bournemouth just feel like they're in free-fall.

DavidDeSchmikes

Remaining fixtures for the relegation battle

Brighton:- Leicester, Man Utd, Norwich, Liverpool, Man City, Southampton, Newcastle, Burnley

Watford:- Burnley, Southampton, Chelsea, Norwich, Newcastle, West Ham, Man City, Arsenal

West Ham:- Tottenham, Chelsea, Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, Man Utd, Aston Villa

Bournemouth:- Wolves, Newcastle, Man Utd, Tottenham, Leicester, Man City, Southampton, Everton

Aston Villa:- Newcastle, Wolves, Liverpool, Man Utd, Crystal Palace, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham

Norwich:- Everton, Arsenal, Brighton, Watford, West Ham, Chelsea, Burnley, Man City

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
2 of Villa, Bournemouth and West Ham

Suspect Moyes will do just enough to keep West Ham up

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Still hoping West Ham get shafted, hate the majority of their fans. Villa would be good for teams because they have a lot of decent players that could be picked up...same with Norwich.

I reckon Bournemouth will probably go though, they're in freefall and a bit of a meh club. I swear nobody actually supports them and their ground is only full of uni students and old people that want a day out.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Goodbye Bournemouth........Howe and most of their best players will surely leave the club (C.Wilson, King, Ake, Brooks & Fraser + H.Wilson's loan will end) therefore it could go fast to the League One.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Instead of getting better with Brooks & Ake came back from injury, Bournemouth are still the same. Shocking recruitment as well, Biilling, Solanke & Championship defenders, what do they expect for signing such a low quality players in the summer? Howe's transfer record is pretty bad, apart from Brooks, their star players have been the same players since they got promoted.

Djemba-Djemba

Must be the worst relegation battle in years.

Everyone down there is really really bad.

You normally get a few teams that rally, but this lot look useless.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Calling this a battle is a stretch. At this rate, at least 4/5 teams deserve to be relegated for utter ineptitude.