Relegation Battle in the Premier League

Robertd0803

I normally say every year that one team will only be safe because the other 3 teams are worse than them and thats the only thing that will save them. Not by being good enough to stay up but by being less shit than the others.

Dont see that happening this season though, everyones consistently inconsistent.

Would love to see West Ham go down though.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I normally say every year that one team will only be safe because the other 3 teams are worse than them and thats the only thing that will save them. Not by being good enough to stay up but by being less shit than the others.

Dont see that happening this season though, everyones consistently inconsistent.

Would love to see West Ham go down though.
It’s an interesting situation, usually by this stage you’ve also got one team that is on say 14 points, 10 points off of the team in the 19th position.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the current bottom three went down. West Ham, Leicester & Wolves have too much quality and it will make a difference eventually. The players at Palace face this every year and end up staying in the league.

I’m pretty confident that the relegated teams are from the group of the current bottom three + Nottingham & Everton. Although West Ham’s Conference League travels & lack of depth might become a factor.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Unfortunately I dont think Chelsea are going to be relegated this season. I had hopes for a while but now I think they need to be very unlucky to go down. Fingers crossed though

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It’s an interesting situation, usually by this stage you’ve also got one team that is on say 14 points, 10 points off of the team in the 19th position.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the current bottom three went down. West Ham, Leicester & Wolves have too much quality and it will make a difference eventually. The players at Palace face this every year and end up staying in the league.

I’m pretty confident that the relegated teams are from the group of the current bottom three + Nottingham & Everton. Although West Ham’s Conference League travels & lack of depth might become a factor.
We are going to rely on our home form but we have won 3 of 4 home games under Dyche. 3W 1D 3L in his first 7 is not a bad start for him and in the form table we aren't doing too badly in the last 6-10 games in terms of staying up.

Last 10:

Last 6:

It's mad though, even this shows how tight it is. No team is in far better form than the other. Just one team needs to go on a 2-3 match winning run to get away from it.

top1whoisman

Scout
We are going to rely on our home form but we have won 3 of 4 home games under Dyche. 3W 1D 3L in his first 7 is not a bad start for him and in the form table we aren't doing too badly in the last 6-10 games in terms of staying up.

Last 10:

Last 6:

It's mad though, even this shows how tight it is. No team is in far better form than the other. Just one team needs to go on a 2-3 match winning run to get away from it.
Wow, that doesn't look good for Palace. But as you said, for any of them to get a 3-1-1 run in five games it looks a lot better all of a sudden. Looking forward to some crazy exciting last rounds of matches.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Wow, that doesn't look good for Palace. But as you said, for any of them to get a 3-1-1 run in five games it looks a lot better all of a sudden. Looking forward to some crazy exciting last rounds of matches.
Palace haven't won in 2023 and their next two are Brighton and Arsenal so yeah, their form is worrying but a little understandable. They do have a very kind set of remaining fixtures though as they had a very hard set from the WC until now (basically playing top half teams every week).

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I hope it's Bournemouth, Soton and Wolves who go down from those 9 teams left in the battle.

soapythecat

I think it will be the current bottom 3. From all this options, if Everton, West Ham and Leeds went down that would be a brilliant scenario. Unfortunately, I think Everton and WH have too much quality. Tough, tough PL this season with any team capable of picking up points against any opposition.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Oh wow I didn't realize Leicester were in this much trouble. For some reason the media etc gave off the impression that Rodgers had steadied the ship
Leicester are in a world of trouble unfortunately. Rodgers has made a dogs breakfast of organizing the team and stubbornly sticks with Danny Ward in goal.
We could easily get relegated !!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think Dyche will keep Everton safe, it won’t be pretty but they will survive

I think Leeds, Southampton and maybe wolves because they aren’t scoring enough

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Leicester are in a world of trouble unfortunately. Rodgers has made a dogs breakfast of organizing the team and stubbornly sticks with Danny Ward in goal.
From champs just a few years ago to relegation. What a story that would be

Idxomer

From champs just a few years ago to relegation. What a story that would be
It happened with Blackburn just 4 seasons after they won it in 94/95. Leicester could've actually been relegated right after they won it if they had kept Ranieri.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
It happened with Blackburn just 4 seasons after they won it in 94/95. Leicester could've actually been relegated right after they won it if they had kept Ranieri.
That's very true but ironically Rodgers is having a way worse season than Ranieri did.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think Palace will go, form is awful and genuinely don’t see them winning again this season.

I want Bournemouth to stay up after Scott Parker basically telling them they weren’t good enough. For the first lot of games. O’Neil has gotten on with the job at hand and I would like to see what he can do there.

I would also like Southampton to stay up. Defence has improved and they have a very young side. It would be interesting to see if they can rebuild.

Along with Palace, I think it will be two of Leeds/West Ham/Leicester as the surprise. Leeds don’t score a lot and have trouble keeping clean sheets and that is a bad mix.

Leicester and West Ham lost faith in their managers long ago, and I think at least one of them will pay for letting it drift on for so long.

Cloud7

From PL champions to possibly relegated within a decade. Wild.

For what it's worth I hope you guys stay up. Leicester are good to have around the league. The only team I really want to see go down is West Ham because I can't stand Moyes. No strong feelings about the other options.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Some teams there that shouldn’t even be there. West Ham, Leicester and Everton are 3 of them. Gonna be interesting. I think Southampton and Bournemouth are 2 that are going down. Not sure on the last 1.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
From PL champions to possibly relegated within a decade. Wild.

For what it's worth I hope you guys stay up. Leicester are good to have around the league. The only team I really want to see go down is West Ham because I can't stand Moyes. No strong feelings about the other options.
We have gone slowly down hill over the last couple of years. We were one of the best run clubs in the league but seem to have lost our way.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Forest seem to be in freefall again. I think they'll go down with Southampton and Palace

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Would love to see Palace get relegated, their matches bore me to death and we play shite at Selhurst Park as well.

Redlyn

Bottom half are all (but 1) in the relegation battle with 5 points separating them. Seems unusual this deep in the season. Also interesting that 12th is a lot closer to being bottom than being 11th.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Forest seem to be in freefall again. I think they'll go down with Southampton and Palace
I’m hoping it’s a combination of playing a few decent teams recently plus a horrendous injury list - especially to key players like Yates, Bolly and Awoniyi. I still think the home results will be enough though.

top1whoisman

Scout
I’m hoping it’s a combination of playing a few decent teams recently plus a horrendous injury list - especially to key players like Yates, Bolly and Awoniyi. I still think the home results will be enough though.
It was a joy watching him and MGW link up early on in the season. Add an in-form Brennan Johnson to the mix and it's quite a forward line actually.

marktan

Just 4 points separating bottom from 12th. We genuinely have a 9 way battle for relegation, with around 10 games left. Half the table.

Probably not the ideal end of the table but it's still a good indicator as to the parity in the league.

BarcaSpurs

Huge 3 points for Bournemouth, keep getting results at home. Rodgers surely got to be in danger again now?

Idxomer

I think Wolves and WHU will survive now, Bournemouth are somehow also doing well and have 30 points.

Leicester might be done.

IRN-BRUno

That's a huge blow for Leicester, I thought they'd pick up the win today. Man City away next but after that they have Wolves (h), Leeds (a) and Everton (h). Probably need at least 2 wins from those 3.

top1whoisman

Scout
12) Crystal Palace 30 -11 33
13) Wolves 30 -18 31
14) West Ham 29 -12 30
15) Bournemouth 30 -29 30
16) Leeds 30 -15 29
17) Everton 30 -20 27
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
18) Forest 30 -30 27
19) Leicester 30 -12 25
20) Southampton 30 -27 23

Palace fixtures:

So'ton (A)
Everton (H)
Wolves (A)
West Ham (H)
Spurs (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Fulham (A)
Forest (H)

Wolves fixtures:

Brentford (H)
Leicester (A)
Palace (H)
Brighton (A)
Villa (H)
United (A)
Everton (H)
Arsenal (A)

West Ham fixtures:
Arsenal (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Liverpool (H)
Palace (A)
City (A)
United (H)
Brentford (A)
Leeds (H)
Leicester (A)

Bournemouth fixtures:
Spurs (A)
West Ham (H)
Southampton (A)
Leeds (H)
Chelsea (H)
Palace (A)
United (H)
Everton (A)

Leeds fixtures:
Liverpool (H)
Fulham (A)
Leicester (H)
Bournemouth (A)
City (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)
Spurs (H)

Everton fixtures:
Fulham (H)
Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Forest fixtures:
United (H)
Liverpool (A)
Brighton (H)
Brentford (A)
Southampton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)

Leicester fixtures:
City (A)
Wolves (H)
Leeds (A)
Everton (H)
Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)

Southampton fixtures:
Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (A)
Forest (A)
Fulham (H)
Brighton (A)
Liverpool (H)

The remaining fixtures of Wolves, West Ham & Forest are pretty brutal. Leeds almost as bad.

suheilsworld

Southampton, Leicester and Leeds go down and I’ll be very happy. Would’ve preferred WHU over Sou but don’t think that’s happening

top1whoisman

Scout
Looking at the table and fixtures, I'd say Forest & So'ton will go down for sure. Although So'ton still have the chance to get some wins, they need them quick. Fail to beat Palace next weekend and Bournemouth two weeks after that and it's done. Leicester need to pick up form quick too. Three kind of winnable games in their next four.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Southampton is definitely going
Leicester would need a massive turnaround
Think it'll be between Forest and Leeds for the last spot