Relegation Battle in the Premier League

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Loved seeing James Garner gesturing for Everton players to get the game started again asap after they scored tonight while Mina etc were off celebrating. The United mentality sticks with players obviously

Red00012

Loved seeing James Garner gesturing for Everton players to get the game started again asap after they scored tonight while Mina etc were off celebrating. The United mentality sticks with players obviously
Prior to that you could see a good amount of Everton supporters heading for the exit. Couldn’t believe it 4 mins into 9 mins added on .

thisISben

The 3 current teams fighting to stay in the division, plus relegated Southampton, all switched managers, whilst West Ham and Forest had faith and survived.

Not saying it’s a given you’ll stay up if you stick to your guns but it’s good to see the clubs with some loyalty staying in the league.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
A draw for Everton and a win for Leeds could make it interesting... Leeds have much more goals scored than Everton. If Everton get the point they'll be safe. Leeds might beat Spurs but not by three goals. Leicester have the advantage in GD, but they probably need four points from the last two matches. Can't see them getting more than maybe the three against West Ham.

17) Everton 37 -24 33
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
18) Leeds 37 -27 31
19) Leicester 36 -18 30
20) Southampton 37 -37 24

Everton fixtures:

Bournemouth (H)

Leeds fixtures:
Spurs (H)

Leicester fixtures:
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
A draw for Everton and a win for Leeds could make it interesting... Leeds have much more goals scored than Everton. If Everton get the point they'll be safe. Leeds might beat Spurs but not by three goals.

17) Everton 37 -24 33
18) Leeds 37 -27 31
19) Leicester 36 -18 30

Everton fixtures:

Bournemouth (H)

Leeds fixtures:
Spurs (H)

Leicester fixtures:
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)
I can't see Leeds smashing Spurs, they'll need to hope the Everton game goes their way

Oldyella

Annoyed it looks like Everton are going to escape, can't be too sad though with Leeds going away.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Don’t worry SW, you’re the big blue turd that won’t flush :lol:

Oscar Bonavena

A draw at home to Bournemouth should be enough for Everton now. Can't see Leeds beating Spurs by 3 goals plus, and can't see Leicester getting 4 points from their remaining 2 games.

BorisManUtd

Can't see Leicester getting anything at Newcastle with how bad they are defensively. Then they might beat West Ham but it most probably won't be enough as you'd expect Everton to get at least a point vs Bournemouth at Goodison Park. Leeds can beat Spurs but probably not with than 1-2 goal margin to improve their GD. That goal from Mina at Wolves yesterday was significant.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Everton can still do this. Have faith.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Leicester have to get a minimum of 4pts to escape imo. Personally, I cannot see it.

Tyrion

The 3 current teams fighting to stay in the division, plus relegated Southampton, all switched managers, whilst West Ham and Forest had faith and survived.

Not saying it’s a given you’ll stay up if you stick to your guns but it’s good to see the clubs with some loyalty staying in the league.
Yep. Delighted Forrest are staying up. Hopefully it'll make some of the owners think twice next time but getting them to think just the once would be an improvement tbh

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It's between Leeds and Everton and I can't believe I'm saying this but I want the scousers to win out.

I thought Leicester might be due the drop earlier in the season but then they had a nice run of results. They look done now though and their only hope was if Newcastle had already secured CL football before tomorrow.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Interesting now

Everton can determine their own fate if they beat Bournemouth at Goodison

If Leicester can beat West Ham and Everton don't win they'll be safe on goal difference at the very least

Leeds need both Leicester and Everton to lose or they both draw and Leeds beat Spurs by 4 clear goals.

Leeds however have more goals scored than Everton if they are equal on GD

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I would take some degree of satisfaction in any of them being relegated, so it's all good.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
17) Everton 37 -24 33
18) Leicester 37 -18 31
19) Leeds 37 -27 31

Sunday 28 May:
Everton
vs Bournemouth
Leeds vs Spurs
Leicester vs West Ham

AndyMUFC

Keeps things interesting anyway. In Everton’s hands but Leicester in with a chance. Don’t think Leeds have much of one with the goal difference.

Oscar Bonavena

Bournemouth are playing in their flip-flops at the moment but even still, I would not bet my house on Everton beating them, even at home. That Goodison crowd gets edgy and more often than not negatively affects the team rather than inspires them.

A lot will depend on what team WH put out at Leicester. Will they rest players ahead of the Conference league final or will Moyes want to do his old club a favour and field a full strength team?!

Lost bear

If only it would stick with the UTD players.

(Sorry, couldn’t resist.)

Theonas

Scout
Bournemouth are playing in their flip-flops at the moment but even still, I would not bet my house on Everton beating them, even at home. That Goodison crowd gets edgy and more often than not negatively affects the team rather than inspires them.

A lot will depend on what team WH put out at Leicester. Will they rest players ahead of the Conference league final or will Moyes want to do his old club a favour and field a full strength team?!
I think the final is 10 days away from the game. West Ham and Moyes would be in for a lot of stick if they rotate heavily. They might actually be better advised to not play a final a full 17 days before their last game.

Ole'sgunnarwin

I think Everton will win comfortably and I'm not expecting much drama. Everton really up against it, Goodison rocking, against Bournemouth not playing for anything (they were awful against us). Similar to the Palace match last season

LDUred

It is easy to write Bournemouth off and assume they will roll over, but they've had some decent results in the second half of the season. I doubt they'll turn up at Goodison and allow the crowd to inhale the ball into the net; if anything, they will relish the opportunity of spoiling the party. They're an unpredictable side and they've had one or two surprising results on the road.

I know they have nothing to play for but I remember seeing Spurs fight like hell to stop us winning the title in the treble season. You just never know what you will get on the last day of the season.

You would not want to be relying on Spurs to keep their end of a bargain, either. Like ourselves they've turned in some apathetic performances when not much has been at stake and with Elland Road rocking they may not fancy it.

Last edited:

Oscar Bonavena

I think the final is 10 days away from the game. West Ham and Moyes would be in for a lot of stick if they rotate heavily. They might actually be better advised to not play a final a full 17 days before their last game.
Yeah it's a tough one. I think he'll start his best team or close enough to it but start bringing them off in the 2nd half. Rice, Pacqueta, Bowen, Antonio etc.

Going away to a team fighting for their lives isn't ideal preparation for a final, he'd have rathered a nice safe end of season mid table kick around instead!

edcunited1878

Think Leeds are done and Sam can bin off. They'd have to win by a large margin, like 4 goals against Spurs and hope Everton lose but more than a goal against Bournemouth to have a chance, then hope Leicester doesn't win.

Dyche will gee up Everton's players and have them go for the win at home. We know how influential the Everton home support can get. They've also had consistent results the past few matches, when they weren't facing top of the table teams like City or Newcastle. Their away form as actually been what has saved them, haha, not their home form. They've lost tough home matches against City, Newcastle, but also Fulham. Yet have gotten results at Palace, at Leicester, at Brighton, at Wolves.

Bournemouth did all their survival and necessary points in April. 15 from 21 in April saved them and they've proceeded to lose all their matches in May, but they're safe.