Relegation Jumble Sale

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Cornet, Pope, McNeil and Tarkowski from Burnley would be good purchases for mid table to EL type clubs. We are interested in Tarkowski which be a decent addition but the wages touted show we haven’t learnt at all (90kish being reported). I don’t want us to begin another cycle of giving huge wages to players that haven’t done anything yet and are in the latter stages of their career. It’s what got us into this mess in the first place.

I think Dennis and Sarr are the obvious choices from Watford, along with Pedro. All under 25 so still with a bunch of potential to unlock.

I don’t think anyone from Norwich is worth getting. Aarons perhaps but he’s gone off the boil. I wouldn’t mind seeing if Gilmour was available on loan (even to buy as I don’t think he will make it at Chelsea) - if Gallagher was available on loan again I’d rather take him.

Vapor trail

Pope and Jao Pedro. I think McNeil is a very good player but there's better options in the market for a wide forward. Between him and Sancho I think both lack explosiveness to get off the mark from a standstill.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
If we can get Dwight McNeil for a reasonable price, he’d be an excellent squad option. Hard working, versatile - almost like a young Milner.
Burnley's squad is poor and they played a negative style of football, but only two outfield players got fewer goal involvements than McNeil this season- Dale Stephens and Kevin Long, both on 0 (with 6 starts between them). Goals and assists aren't everything I know, but 1 in 35 starts is dreadful for any Premier League wide midfielder. I have to wonder if a non-English player would be rated the same had he put out the same performances as McNeil.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Cornet apparently has a £17.5m relegation release clause according to reports.
Newcastle could be all over that to take some of the burden off Saint-Maximin- unless they have someone more ambitious in their sights?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Burnley's squad is poor and they played a negative style of football, but only two outfield players got fewer goal involvements than McNeil this season- Dale Stephens and Kevin Long, both on 0 (with 6 starts between them). Goals and assists aren't everything I know, but 1 in 35 starts is dreadful for any Premier League wide midfielder. I have to wonder if a non-English player would be rated the same had he put out the same performances as McNeil.
I think he’s had a poor season but previously he’s had seasons where his chances created/expected assists are quite high for a Burnley side that plays negative football. He’s only 22 too so I think he’d do well at a side that plays better football. I think he would be perfect as a LWB in a Conte system.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I like Todd Cantwell. I think he's a decent midfielder with some creativity and if you told me I could have him for a few million pound to be a depth piece I would take it. then again this is based on a few seasons ago when Norwich were first promoted, so it doesn't look like he's upped his level if he got loaned to a championship team and they declined to sign him.
With respect, he’s at his level