Relieved and disappointed.

manufanatic

"crazy"
i think what all of you are missing is the in Jones and bendt they have two physical and imposing strikers. We gave them room and they both punished us.

sunderland were fair value for the draw regardless of how they played the last 2 minutes.

games like these happen along the way so hopefully this point will be huge in May.

MUFC07

Am I the only one who thinks Sunderland are able to take points away from liverpool and chelsea too?

That doesn't mean we were good today, we were not at out best, but fair play to Sunderland they did their job.

kelvinhole

Hello Kevin
We can't win every game.

Sometimes, shit happens and we will improve again as usual next game.
Yeah, but this was a HOME game. Bear in mind that our three titles on the trot were won on the strength of our impressive home record.

There's very little margin for error, given that in terms of our results, home >> away.

Sylar

Whilst Foster fecked up, I think his defence is doing him no favours at all. And I think the whole changing back four is messing up things. Yeah hes made some bad mistakes, but why do our defenders do a pass back to his right foot when its so clear hes left footed.

I honestly dont think we should drop him for the next game and he just need the same two in front of him all the time rather than it changing. Saying that, VDS is coming straight back in.

I wonder what Kuszczak is thinking if he doesnt start the next game.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Our wingers seem chronically unable to dribble past people at the backs anymore.
And the cross into the box is often atrocious. Thought Nani got a bit better as the game progressed in the second half. Valencia just looks extremely one-dimensional. Didn't expect any impact from him when he came off the bench, and I should not be feeling that about a £17 million winger. Hope once he fully settles in and has more confidence, we get to see more variety in his game other than just knocking it past the full-back and looking to out sprint him.

pillory

Remember we always draw at home to a team we should beat early in the season. Also remember this would have been our best start since 1985 if we'd won, and that's not a season we want to repeat.

manufanatic

"crazy"
and to get 4 points in our last two games when we trailed in one and was level in the other still speaks to our character as a team.

having said that wiley sure blew quickly at the end

Kelvin

a draw against sunderland at home is considered a failure. :( what worst we even came close to losing, horrible.

championo

Top Stalker
I think the reason I am enjoying this season so much is because I have already declared this season as formation rebuilding year. In fact I can say a team rebuilding year. We will find our identity next season. When players like Valencia will not stop with the ball to think as to where his team mate will run to. Some of us are expecting miracles.
Our results this season has been flattering at times, today we saw in two different halves what can happened when the team is not selected with chemistry in mind and the opposition as well. SAF did not know Sunderland had become this good.
People, Bruce has built a team and they will be scary down the road bar injuries and player sales.

Eriku

Bet you lot were not thinking of being relieved for a draw before the game.SAF paid no respect to Sunderland with his line up and it almost backfired no real reason to rest players.
What? Evans in and a start for Welbeck, the rest are regulars... how on earth is this side a snooty "we underrate you" side? Scholes, Fletch, Vida, Nani, Rooney, Berbatov... They just wanted it far more than we did and I was surprised we didn't look more hungry when we came out in the second half. Fair play to Sunderland though, they really went for it.

ManUtd_Fan_Matt

A Draw at home to Sunderland is bad. However we were 2 minutes away from losing at home to Sunderland.

We passed horrible the whole match, good result given the performance.

But yeah deffinately feel the same mixture.

Great Hat

For a start the difference between a draw and a defeat is more than just 2 points. Getting beat, at home, the press would have had a field day. Morerelieved I think.
What the press say about our result shouldn't affect how we feel about it really. The difference is two points, and the only important factor is the possible mental frustration or lack of self-belief which occasionally seems to briefly arise after a heavy or shock defeat. I'm relieved we clawed it back, but disappointed we didn't look more dangerous first half, and that we couldn't quite force the ball in at the very last. I would've taken a point though, as things were at 90:00; no question about that.

Kelvin

Am I the only one who thinks Sunderland are able to take points away from liverpool and chelsea too?

That doesn't mean we were good today, we were not at out best, but fair play to Sunderland they did their job.
were Sunderland that good, I think we were well below-par........

MUFC07

were Sunderland that good, I think we were well below-par........
We were, but fair play to them they made some good plays and caused us a lot of trouble, plus Jones and Bent are proving to be a good striking partnership.