Religion, what's the point?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I had a discussion with a religious person on the concept of right and wrong today and according to him, since I do not believe that we were put on this Earth with a reason by a creator, I therefore am unable to judge whether the holocaust or killing fields were wrong and I should also not care that they happened, since I don't believe our lives have meaning in the grand scheme of things. He also said, if you believe you just evolved by coincidence without meaning, you can't trust your brain, since there is no meaning behind it so I might as well trust a monkey.

I mean, come on. I'm as open to different perspective as most people, but surely most religious people don't believe this :lol:

frostbite

As ridiculous as Mormons baptising dead people into Mormonism.

That aside, I'm intrigued as to how he finished the diary:
Did she find Jesus and then the allies liberated Auschwitz?
Did she find jesus and then stop writing the diary?
Did she find jesus and then a kind guard decides to release her?
Or Hitler also finds Jesus and marries Anne Frank?

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
A daily prayer for thee:

"... I come before Your throne of grace and today I bring my bone marrow before You. My bone marrow is the spongy, viscous tissue that fills the inside of my bones. Thank You that my bones of my skeletal system serve many important functions for my body, from giving my body support to allowing me to move. I bless them as they also play an important role in blood cell production and fat storage. I bless my two types of bone marrow. I bless my red bone marrow, which helps produce blood cells and I bless my yellow bone marrow, which helps store fat..."

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
"The beautiful people, the beautiful people,
It's all relative to the size of your steeple,
You can't see the forest for the trees,
And you can't smell your own shit on your knees"

Apt summary of these fundamentalist assholes.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Horrifying to see the human rights of the catholics & the baptists being violated here…

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Horrifying to see the human rights of the catholics & the baptists being violated here…

I say tell them to go and get God to sort it out.

feck me anytime I ponder the subject of God and religion it astounds me that its still a thing. That me go about in black suits or robes etc and claim some sort of divine power.
Crazy.

Eriku

Ugh… fecking religious apologia on display in the WC forum now. Seeing my favourite sport’s biggest event used to kowtow to rich interests looking to sportswash their backwards regimes is sickening :(

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ugh… fecking religious apologia on display in the WC forum now. Seeing my favourite sport’s biggest event used to kowtow to rich interests looking to sportswash their backwards regimes is sickening :(
Fifa have obviously fecked up giving the WC to a nation that is out of sync with social norms.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Imagine believing so thoroughly in a fairy tale that one would actually speak this way…