Reminder: Jose managed to turn Chelsea fans against Hazard

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Cosigning this.

I have a high threshold for criticizing matchgoing fans.
Then why do they increasingly come across like Georgia from Love Island “it’s cause I’m loyal babes!”. There’s being loyal and there’s being idiots beyond belief and they have certainly deserved that label at this moment in time.

GM K

In light of what happened with Pogba I'd just like to remind everyone of those times we use to laugh at Chelsea fans for wanting their best player gone because of Jose's nonsenses.

Fast forward a few years later and a lot of gullible fans have eaten up Jose's words and are now turning on any player he point a finger at and lay the blame, blame which should mostly fall on his shoulders.

Frankly those fans who booed are an utter embarrassment and typify what mindless sheep are. Waiting to eat any nonsense Jose is ready to throw out there. And what's astonishing is that there isn't even any justification for this cult like following and worship these fans have for Mourinho.

We're sitting 8th with a negative goal difference yet there they are worshipping. Tottenham humiliate us in our own backyard and spank us 0-3 and they're quick to clap. I mean what is wrong with that lot?
How did Mourinho turn fans against Hazard and how has he turned fans against Pogba if I may add? I can't seem to figure it out, really. I thought fans are smart enough to pick and choose when to cheer, when to boo, when to express support and when to express anger at any player or manager.

haram

Or the fact that KDB has performed under everyone else he has played except Jose. He sold Salah too.

The man couldn't see talent if it hit him in the eye with a cricket bat.
What a terrible post. No one gave a feck when he sold Salah either. He couldn’t spot talent and that’s why he’s won all those trophies.

jmaggio

The longer he stays the more I am realising how toxic he can be. I think he has done a good job of making everyone thing that our squad is below par. Seeing Bailly, Herrera, Rashford and Rashford run their socks off for us against arsenal has restored my faith.

sugar_kane

Only on Red Cafe could match going supporters be heavily criticised for not booing enough

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Only on Red Cafe could match going supporters be heavily criticised for not booing enough
I don’t think any of us are asking for that. Giving Mourinho a standing ovation at the end of every game and chanting we don’t want you to leave, or something like that, is what we have issues with.

SteveTheRed

Yes. Because De Gea is more important to our club than Mourinho, whereas Ferguson proved his decision making over and over again.
Ferguson got rid of players in his early days, when his decision making wasn't proven. It's a slippery slope when you start saying players are more important because they just hold us ransom!

Judas

Open to offers
I don’t think any of us are asking for that. Giving Mourinho a standing ovation at the end of every game and chanting we don’t want you to leave, or something like that, is what we have issues with.
That didn't happen though, did it? Arsenal fans were chanting about wanting him to stay, quite obviously. Why would Utd fans chant that at 1-0 down.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
In light of what happened with Pogba I'd just like to remind everyone of those times we use to laugh at Chelsea fans for wanting their best player gone because of Jose's nonsenses.

Fast forward a few years later and a lot of gullible fans have eaten up Jose's words and are now turning on any player he point a finger at and lay the blame, blame which should mostly fall on his shoulders.

Frankly those fans who booed are an utter embarrassment and typify what mindless sheep are. Waiting to eat any nonsense Jose is ready to throw out there. And what's astonishing is that there isn't even any justification for this cult like following and worship these fans have for Mourinho.

We're sitting 8th with a negative goal difference yet there they are worshipping. Tottenham humiliate us in our own backyard and spank us 0-3 and they're quick to clap. I mean what is wrong with that lot?
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/05/eden-hazard-chelsea-interview-jose-mourinho

ZlatMan

I remember Hazard playing like a total fraud that year all because he suddenly stop liking Mourinho:lol:. We should remember that Hazard wouldn't be the player he is today if Mourinho wasn't at Chelsea. The man made him a star player from a rough gem and how did Hazard repay him? By playing like shit until Mourinho was sacked.

I feel the same is going to happen with Pogba unless either him or Jose are out by January.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Some people are just not very bright while some others are delusional. Mourinho takes advantage of both types.

Dinghy

I remember Hazard playing like a total fraud that year all because he suddenly stop liking Mourinho:lol:. We should remember that Hazard wouldn't be the player he is today if Mourinho wasn't at Chelsea. The man made him a star player from a rough gem and how did Hazard repay him? By playing like shit until Mourinho was sacked.

I feel the same is going to happen with Pogba unless either him or Jose are out by January.
:lol:

ZlatMan

Did you watch Hazard in his first season in English football? Because if you did, you wouldn't recognise that player to the player that went on to be PFA POTY and a key member of Mourinho's last title-winning team. Keep in mind Hazard played shit last season which resulted in another managerial casualty. Coincidence?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Did you watch Hazard in his first season in English football? Because if you did, you wouldn't recognise that player to the player that went on to be PFA POTY and a key member of Mourinho's last title-winning team. Keep in mind Hazard played shit last season which resulted in another managerial casualty. Coincidence?
Not only you would recognize but you would also expect an extremely talented 21 years old player to be better at 24. It's not really coincidence since it's what time and experience do with most talented players.

ZlatMan

Not only you would recognize but you would also expect an extremely talented 21 years old player to be better at 24. It's not really coincidence since it's what time and experience do with most talented players.
Then I guess Ricardo Quaresma would be best player in the planet at 24 :lol:. If Mourinho wasn't there to toughen his mentality and made him consistent, Hazard would be a poorer player today and that's one of the criticism Caf hold against Mourinho.

JPRouve

Scout
Then I guess Ricardo Quaresma would be best player in the planet at 24 :lol:. If Mourinho wasn't there to toughen his mentality and made him consistent, Hazard would be a poorer player today and that's one of the criticism Caf hold against Mourinho.
Dude you are talking about a player who was not only good during his first season in the PL but also prolific, with 9 goals and 11 assists in the league. Mourinho didn't transform him and he simply followed a normal evolution.

ZlatMan

Dude you are talking about a player who was not only good during his first season in the PL but also prolific, with 9 goals and 11 assists in the league. Mourinho didn't transform him and he simply followed a normal evolution.
According to Transfermrket:

Season before Mourinho:
Total 12/13: 62 13 24

During Mourinho:

Total 13/14: 49 17 10
Total 14/15: 52 19 13

Hazard was playing as a winger prior to Mourinho's second spell then he arrive, switch Hazard as a no.10 and made him into a goal machine. And people here say Mourinho doesn't get the best out his players.:lol:

Fracture90

Interesting that you've mentioned Quaresma. Iirc he played for Mourinho at Inter during his prime years, yet Quaresma was pretty crap.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Season before Mourinho:

During Mourinho:

Hazard was playing as a winger prior to Mourinho's second spell then he arrive, switch Hazard as a no.10 and made him into a goal machine. And people here say Mourinho doesn't get the best out his players.:lol:
In league Hazard contributed to 20 goals in 2640 mins before Jose, then 21 goals in 2898 mins and 23 goals in 3379 mins.

It doesn't look like he improved his productivity, more like staying consistent. Also he scored more penalties in Jose's season than before too.

JPRouve

Scout

Season before Mourinho:

During Mourinho:

Did you miss the assists, when you tried to make your point? Because they have slashed dramatically under Mourinho which isn't really a good thing. Your stats show that from a strictly statistical pov Hazard direct goal contribution was higher during his first season.

sugar_kane

I'm fairly certain that it was the Arsenal fans singing 'we want you to stay...'

Never heard United fans sing anything like that in my life.

Also wasn't it just after Arsenal scored?

Raven

Ferguson got rid of players in his early days, when his decision making wasn't proven. It's a slippery slope when you start saying players are more important because they just hold us ransom!
De Gea is more important to this club. That is not up for debate.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I'm fairly certain that it was the Arsenal fans singing 'we want you to stay...'

Never heard United fans sing anything like that in my life.

Also wasn't it just after Arsenal scored?
I’m not sure mate. I was watching it on tv and didn’t hear it personally myself. Just going on what some on here have said.

ZlatMan

Did you miss the assists, when you tried to make your point? Because they have slashed dramatically under Mourinho which isn't really a good thing. Your stats show that from a strictly statistical pov Hazard direct goal contribution was higher during his first season.
When you play more than 62 games in a season of course his assist count is going to be higher. He was primarily a winger in first season but Jose converted him into a no.10 and taken his game to the next level. He also made Ronaldo into a phenomenonal scoring machine and made Chelsea a force in world football as well as winning the Champions League with unfancied clubs.

His record doesn't lie.

JPRouve

Scout
When you play more than 62 games in a season of course his assist count is going to be higher. He was primarily a winger in first season but Jose converted him into a no.10 and taken his game to the next level. He also made Ronaldo into a phenomenonal scoring machine and made Chelsea a force in world football as well as winning the Champions League with unfancied clubs.

His record doesn't lie.
You are right it doesn't lie. 0.59 goals+assists during his first season and 0.58 goals+assists during the two other seasons that you mentioned.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

His record doesn't lie.
When did Mourinho convert him to a 10? AFAIK, Hazard was a winger under Mou the same position he played before Mourinho.

Was Oscar not the annointed 10 at the expense of Mata?
https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2013/9/21/4754358/mourinho-oscar-is-my-number-10

I think Hazard productivity reduced under Mourinho

Fracture90

I've been thinking about it and I've realised one thing. Pogba went from being accused of "trying too hard" to "not trying hard enough".

haram

If people have a problem with the match going fans not booing, go to the game yourself and boo.

MrPooni

How many people need to re-post Hazard's direct quotes about being injured for the majority of Mourinho's last spell at Chelsea and how he'd genuinely enjoy working with him again before the title of this thread gets edited? Or is the Caf fully embracing click-bait style tactics now?
Over the course of multiple threads too. It's pretty mental watching this media campaign to turn is into Arsenal 2.0 play out in real time.

Toddler

Season before Mourinho:

During Mourinho:

And people say here that Mourinho gets the best of his players by looking only at a single player and his stats. The stats of a near Wc player.:lol:

Irrational.

Didn't he fall out with Iker Casillas at Real as well and ended up exiling the player who had been there since he was 16?

MrPooni

Didn't he fall out with Iker Casillas at Real as well and ended up exiling the player who had been there since he was 16?
He recognised Casillas was past it and froze him out, kind of like Fergie tried with Rooney prior to his retirement but unlike Madrid who got rid of him soon after, Moyes and his boys decided to give our ageing star a massive new contract. Plus being at a club since 16 doesn't entitle you to start football games so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything bar maybe stoking up the anti-Mourinho sentiment by playing on his reputation as "the monster that kills little kids." What a weird aside.

Last edited:

Kablamo

Supports
Chelsea
Mourinho hoodwinked a lot of Chelsea fans. History's repeated itself but it appears that a lot more of your fans can see through him.

I saw him for what he was (an unhealthy presence and a manager whose powers were on the wane), and I wasn't exactly the most popular poster on 'The Shed End' at the time for saying so, but anyone who had their eyes open saw this coming.

MrPooni

Mourinho hoodwinked a lot of Chelsea fans. History's repeated itself but it appears that a lot more of your fans can see through him.
If winning two league titles in a row followed by another a few years later is being "hoodwinked" then by all means, trick the living shit out of me. If you want to argue his management style isn't sustainable for a long term project or that modern football has left him behind, then by all means carry on but this notion that Mourinho is some elaborate scam artist is ridiculous.

Fridge chutney

The boards are so toxic at the moment because there’s a small section of people like yourself who feel the need to insult and demean anyone who doesn’t see it the way you do.

I’m also ready to see Jose out for what it’s worth.
Well said!

Web of Bissaka

The longer he stays the more I am realising how toxic he can be. I think he has done a good job of making everyone thing that our squad is below par. Seeing Bailly, Herrera, Rashford and Rashford run their socks off for us against arsenal has restored my faith.
:DRashford playing makes us 12 vs opposing 11.

Kagebunshin no Jutsu.