"Renaming Old Trafford Is Unthinkable" - Sir Alex

andy27457

Shane Bluck said:
Old Trafford will be renamed for a large wedge of cash, the Glazer's are running a business and will sell whatever needs to be sold to generate money, it may not happen straight away, but it will happen, those who think otherwise are clearly deluded.
Spoken with the confidence of a man stating an opinion based on NO evidence except a story from Cuntis, a man who has never knowingly printed a factual story!

Here's his next scoop! Uniteds name to be changed from Manchester United, to Coca Cola Soft Drinks, that should bring in a few bob for the Glazers, after all, they must be down to their last few hundred million!:lol:

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
The Hairdryer said:
Anyway, I now believe the Club is doomed to fail. Not exclusively due to the Glazers takeover but due to outside economic forces. In the next 5-20 years we will go through a global depression that will make the 30's look small time. I wouldn't worry about the Club though, you'll have far greater concerns when this this happens.
Actually that is a very very good point, and one that me and some work colleagues were chatting about earlier this week.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
The glazers takeover has already cost united a big part of its identity, renaming Old Trafford would make it extinct....shou;dnt even be thinking bout it, no matter what the money is

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
kafta said:
The glazers takeover has already cost united a big part of its identity, renaming Old Trafford would make it extinct....shou;dnt even be thinking bout it, no matter what the money is
I doff my cap.....

Succinctly and eloquently put sire......

The Hairdryer

dc_red said:
It was a pretty depressing outlook on the future as it stood - why not go the whole hog.

It's depressing but it's very likely, unfortunately. More likely than a bird flu pandemic, meteor a zombie plague etc. Western Culture is built on the back of cheap oil. Once demand outstrips supply we're going to have BIG problems especially if it happens soon, as there are no alternatives that can match cheap oil, yet. Some suggest that we only the verge of that now, optimists say it will be another 25 years. It's scary. Anyone with large debts are going to have big problems, especially those who rely on ordinary folk paying through the nose for something that isn't essential to life.

Julian Denny

kafta said:
Where on earth is the evidence for that ? The proposal to re-name OT is put forward by a journalist whose every other pronouncement about United is shot down in flames by one and all. Notwithstanding and despite denials by the Club and Fergie, the anti Glazer fanatics prefer to believe the Sun on this such is there maniacal obsession with what the Glazer dispensation may or may not do.

Julian Denny

The Hairdryer said:
It's depressing but it's very likely, unfortunately. More likely than a bird flu pandemic, meteor a zombie plague etc. Western Culture is built on the back of cheap oil. Once demand outstrips supply we're going to have BIG problems especially if it happens soon, as there are no alternatives that can match cheap oil, yet. Some suggest that we only the verge of that now, optimists say it will be another 25 years. It's scary. Anyone with large debts are going to have big problems, especially those who rely on ordinary folk paying through the nose for something that isn't essential to life.
It may never happen. There have been doomsday merchants around predicting the end of everythingsince time immemorial.

The Hairdryer

Julian Denny said:
It may never happen. There have been doomsday merchants around predicting the end of everything since time immemorial.
Hopefully.

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
L.S. Lowry, Albert Finney, Vinegar Vera, Ben Kings
The Hairdryer said:
You heard of a thing called a telephone. Ir's a wonderful modern invention than enables you to speak to someone from far distances without the use of string and two empty cans of baked beans.
I never thought of that.

'Alex, sorry 'Sir Alex', we're about to rape and pillage the club you've managed for the last 19 years, plundering it millions into debt, you don't mind do you?

Shane B

Not Fat, Old, Racist or Scouse
dc_red said:
Yeah - but i reckon that it will not become the actual Nike Stadium or whatever else. The closest they will get to naming will be for a company to pay to be associated with Old Trafford but not change the name.
To start with, you could be right, but once it is half way there in this manner, it wont too hard to completely change it the next time.

Shane B

andy27457 said:
Here's his next scoop! Uniteds name to be changed from Manchester United, to Coca Cola Soft Drinks, that should bring in a few bob for the Glazers, after all, they must be down to their last few hundred million!:lol:
Why do you feel inclined to finish this sentence with a laughing smilie, even though it isn't even slightly witty or funny?

Shane B

andy27457 said:
Spoken with the confidence of a man stating an opinion based on NO evidence except a story from Cuntis, a man who has never knowingly printed a factual story!
Or.. perhaps I base my opinions on the fact that we have been bought by a greedy Yank, who has bought us simply for his own financial gain, a greedy Yank who bought Tampa and then threatened to close the stadium and move the team away from the area, do you think the Glazers really give a feck about what the stadium of their new business assett is called?
Go on, come back with something completely clueless, then stick a laughing smilie at the end, just to let us know it is supposed to be funny?

andy27457

Shane Bluck said:
Or.. perhaps I base my opinions on the fact that we have been bought by a greedy Yank, who has bought us simply for his own financial gain, a greedy Yank who bought Tampa and then threatened to close the stadium and move the team away from the area, do you think the Glazers really give a feck about what the stadium of their new business assett is called?
Go on, come back with something completely clueless, then stick a laughing smilie at the end, just to let us know it is supposed to be funny?
Yet again, your OPINONS ain't fact. The only FACT in the statement is that we've been bougjht by Yanks. Was the Tampa stadium closed, or moved? No. The stadium was improved, and the Superbowl won. The real joke on this thread is you! Opinionated twats don't make good people to have a REAL arguement with. So I suggest you stick with FCUM, though I feel sorry for the poor sods stuck with a thick cnut like you.
Here's a clue for you, you are the joke! :lol: :lol: :lol: (Just in case you don't get it)

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
L.S. Lowry, Albert Finney, Vinegar Vera, Ben Kings
andy27457 said:
Was the Tampa stadium closed, or moved? No. The stadium was improved,
Erm forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't Glazer threaten to move the Bucs to another city if they didn't ok his plans for a new stadium?

Glazer got his way and built the new $200m stadium in 1998.

Glazer also changed the team colour from orange to red and black.

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
heightmassive said:
Erm forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't Glazer threaten to move the Bucs to another city if they didn't ok his plans for a new stadium?

For the tax payers money.

Glazer got the whole stadium for free !

Number7

Ret's Slave
heightmassive said:

In fairness Orange is a pretty shit colour.

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
heightmassive said:
Cheeky bastard.

Hope andy27457 checks his FACTS in the future.
The deal was, Build me a new stadium or else I´ll move the team to another city.

Now when there are conserts etc. the city actually have to rent the stadium that they have paid for themselves. :houllier:

Shane B

andy27457 said:
Yet again, your OPINONS ain't fact. The only FACT in the statement is that we've been bougjht by Yanks. Was the Tampa stadium closed, or moved? No. The stadium was improved, and the Superbowl won. The real joke on this thread is you! Opinionated twats don't make good people to have a REAL arguement with. So I suggest you stick with FCUM, though I feel sorry for the poor sods stuck with a thick cnut like you.
Here's a clue for you, you are the joke! :lol: :lol: :lol: (Just in case you don't get it)
You talk lots of sense mate, you seem really clued up, Yianni nust be fecking overjoyed that he is no longer the most clueless cnut on the caf, congratulations, you have hit a level not many can reach.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
andy27457 said:
Was the Tampa stadium closed, or moved? No. The stadium was improved, and the Superbowl won. QUOTE]

Erm, in a word YES !!!

Great Tampa won the superbowl.... Thats not a lot of fecking use to an English football team is it.

So using that argument if someone who has won the Grand national wanted to turn his hand at running Man United he could because if he can make a horse run faster then he can turn United into a CL winning team.

THe two sports are completely different, and he has no idea about football ( English football).

Let me ask you a few questions and see if you can work these out

1) Can Tampa get relegated ?
2) Does Tampa Bay Buccaneers have to remain in Tampa if the money doesnt come in or can Glazer just move them to wherever he likes
3) Is there a wage cap on American Football so that the owners cant do what Leeds did...
4) Do Tampa get an equal share of the money, regardless of where they finish ?

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
5) Who paid for Tampas ground, and STILL has to pay for any upkeep of it.

andy27457

fredthered said:
andy27457 said:
Was the Tampa stadium closed, or moved? No. The stadium was improved, and the Superbowl won. QUOTE]

Erm, in a word YES !!!

Great Tampa won the superbowl.... Thats not a lot of fecking use to an English football team is it.

So using that argument if someone who has won the Grand national wanted to turn his hand at running Man United he could because if he can make a horse run faster then he can turn United into a CL winning team.

THe two sports are completely different, and he has no idea about football ( English football).

Let me ask you a few questions and see if you can work these out

1) Can Tampa get relegated ?
2) Does Tampa Bay Buccaneers have to remain in Tampa if the money doesnt come in or can Glazer just move them to wherever he likes
3) Is there a wage cap on American Football so that the owners cant do what Leeds did...
4) Do Tampa get an equal share of the money, regardless of where they finish ?
So, to sum up, I'm right!

dc_red

Shane Bluck said:
To start with, you could be right, but once it is half way there in this manner, it wont too hard to completely change it the next time.

THat's a fair comment. Again my view is that on the Glazer level/view (whatever) Old Trafford is too valuable to rename....we'll see.

One of the things that I really hate about this whole situation is that even as a club though we've been a business for a long time (and I dont think even the most fervent FCuM suporter can dispute that), there 's more and more threads/conversation that are discussing Manchester United as a brand rather than a football club.

THats's the thing that really pisses me off. We're still United and as things progress unless some massive rabbit comes out of a hat (Glazer leaving?) that we can all agree on, the fans will continue to become fractured which is really the biggest travesty out there...

andy27457

heightmassive said:
No, you said

When in fact that's wrong, quite dramatically wrong.
1)The Tampa Bay stadium is still in Tampa Bay
2) A new stadium was built in 1998, to replace a toilet of an old one! What's the problem?

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
andy27457 said:
2) A new stadium was built in 1998, to replace a toilet of an old one! What's the problem?
The problem is that Glazer didnt pay one penny for the stadium. :rolleyes:

andy27457

very Ruud said:
The problem is that Glazer didnt pay one penny for the stadium. :rolleyes:
So what:houllier: City didn't pay for theirs.
If someone offfers a new stadium for nothing, you'd be a bit of a knob not to snatch their hand off! Sounds like smart business by the Glazers to force Tampa into footing the bill.

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
andy27457 said:
So what:houllier: City didn't pay for theirs.
If someone offfers a new stadium for nothing, you'd be a bit of a knob not to snatch their hand off! Sounds like smart business by the Glazers to force Tampa into footing the bill.
You´re a feckin idiot!

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
soccerbest said:
Some arse cnuts decide to crack a poor joke. :rolleyes:

http://www.arsewars.com/?p=46&cp=1#comments
TH14 Says:
February 14th, 2006 at 9:31 am

I cant believe Manure is going to change their name to Mackers - and the new logo for Manure,wat a freaking shame, have u seen that “M” shape?

Where is the soul of Manure? Well its all gone, thanks to ** pseudo-investors! Theater of dreams converted to burger of dreams hahaha that 1 got to be the best of all !!

Arsenal Fan TH14
:lol:

Red_Molly

ManUinOz said:
I'm with Shane, the naming rights to the stadium will be up for sale at some stage.
Except in really desperate circumstances, I doubt it. The Glazers aren't mugs. They know the brand identity is too valuable to feck around with. And any business would think twice atl investing serious money in renaming rights because they will know it would be very hard to get any new name to 'stick' with the faithfull, and indeed it could be counter-productive to their own image with United fans.

andy27457

very Ruud said:
You´re a feckin idiot!
And you're a thick cnut. Are you saying that if someone offers to pay for a new stadium, instead of a shithole, you would say "No thanks, I'm quite happy to stay in my slum" Who's the feckin' idiot?:rolleyes:

Grow up, up visit earth occasionally!