Renato Sanches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Shit source, any good?

Manchester United scouts are keeping close tabs on the progress of Benfica wonderkid Renato Sanches and sent a glowing report on him this weekend, per the Metro.

Representatives from the club were in the stands to watch on as Sanches fired home a winner during Benfica’s 1-0 victory over Vitoria Guimares in the Primeira Liga on Saturday.

The 18-year-old, who has represented Portugal at every age group up until Under-19 level, has only recently broken into the team at Benfica but is already believed to have attracted the attention of Louis van Gaal.
http://www.squawka.com/news/reports...kid-renato-sanches/562954#8j6BuHS7gFvYsY4k.99

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Read it somewhere else that I thought was quite reliable, but I can't for the life of me find it :lol:

Joemo

whistling in the wind
It's pretty common knowledge that we're frequently scouting Benfica matches. Whether that's for Renato Sanches or Goncalo Guedes I don't know.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's pretty common knowledge that we're frequently scouting Benfica matches. Whether that's for Renato Sanches or Goncalo Guedes I don't know.
Nah, pretty sure we are still scouting Gaitan, I am surprised there aren't any stories even this year connecting us with him.

Devil81

Nah, pretty sure we are still scouting Gaitan, I am surprised there aren't any stories even this year connecting us with him.

It's only the 8th January, there is plenty of time yet.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
From what i have read on twitter from some portugal based reporters is that we have been scouting them for Goncalo guedes but during that our scouts saw renato and have been going back for him ever since. I dont think a transfer is close unless there is competition for him. I think we ll let him be for the time being and watch him many times.

jb8521

We were scouting Benfica's right back Semedo as well until he injured his knee on his debut for Portugal

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Don't know who this bloke is but he was in the Transfer Tweets section and seems to rave about this player and our interest in him.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Highlights look good: a mobile central midfielder with some strength. With links to Saul, and now constantly scouting Sanches is a pretty clear sign we're looking for another midfielder.

RedStarUnited

Hard to say he made his first team debut on October 30 and has only made 9 starts for Benfica so he is very unproven.
Makes his highlight even more impressive then. He is a beast in the physical sense, and can actually play a bit.

Chuck 10m at Benfica and let them keep him for an extra year - til 2017 with a games guarantee or something.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
First thing that came to my mind too. Thats not good is it?
It is good, Anderson had incredible potential and when he was able too show that skill he was amazing. It was just 95% of the time he had issues. I think his legs were fecked after the breakage. If we could have had a fit Anderson throughout he'd have been amazing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We've definitely got a giant hole in midfield for a Black, Portuguese speaking CM with dreadlocks. All jokes aside he looks fantastic, the dribbling and acceleration through midfield we badly miss. He and Schneiderlin could form a great midfield partnership.

Sign him up Ed/LVG/Giggsy/whoever is in charge.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
It is good, Anderson had incredible potential and when he was able too show that skill he was amazing. It was just 95% of the time he had issues. I think his legs were fecked after the breakage. If we could have had a fit Anderson throughout he'd have been amazing.
I know mate, i was joking. I loved ando, i mean how could you not? he was like a little baby panda. He had ligmaent tears too, probably ruined by injury and leg breaks, could have been very good.
I like the kid, although i think Neves is a great talent too in the same league who is more proven. I wouldnt mind us signing a player like him for his potential. I mean just look at martial !

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
For those who have seen both, how would you compare his potential to Neves? I think this guy is supposed to be a more attack minded CM whereas Neves is a holding/deep lying midfielder, but from what I've seen, the latter looks a proper special talent. So how does this kid compare?

Adam-Utd

For those who have seen both, how would you compare his potential to Neves? I think this guy is supposed to be a more attack minded CM whereas Neves is a holding/deep lying midfielder, but from what I've seen, the latter looks a proper special talent. So how does this kid compare?
Navas is much more of a passer/dictator in the Carrick/Schweinsteiger mold, where as Renato Sanches is more of a box to box type midfielder who loves to dribble, like a Modric/Kovacic/Ramires style

amolbhatia50k

Navas is much more of a passer/dictator in the Carrick/Schweinsteiger mold, where as Renato Sanches is more of a box to box type midfielder who loves to dribble, like a Modric/Kovacic/Ramires style
Yeah I know (at least of Neves). I was wondering more in terms of ability/potential level.

Adam-Utd

Yeah I know (at least of Neves). I was wondering more in terms of ability/potential level.
I've only seen a few games but it seems the sky is the limit for this kid. He's strong, very fast can pass well and has a rocket of a shot on him. Probably wouldn't throw him into a 2 man midfield like we did with Anderson though.

amolbhatia50k

I've only seen a few games but it seems the sky is the limit for this kid. He's strong, very fast can pass well and has a rocket of a shot on him. Probably wouldn't throw him into a 2 man midfield like we did with Anderson though.
Cheers :)

Sign all the wunderkids, I say!

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Would work great in a midfield 3 with Schneiderlin and Herrera.

---------Schneiderlin---------
---Herrera------R.Sanches---

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Looks like he enjoys getting physical. Carrick and Schweiny won't be around much longer. Not getting these types of players (or, ahem, keeping them) has already cost us, let's not miss out again

SteveW

Based on watching him play only once I would happily sign him for a lot of money. He was that impressive. Strong, fast, skilful, extremely composed. Stood out a mile

SteveW

This was against Atletico Madrid by the way. Not some mid table Portuguese team. Looked a step above

MrSingh2002

Sign him up. Seems like hes got abit of Seedorf about him. I like his agressive running and forward passing.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I hate how much I think we should buy him off watching a couple of youtube videos. He looks exactly like what we need from midfield.

amolbhatia50k

Looks a superb talent going by the clips and what we expected Anderson to be. A fair few of these CM talents about.

Status
Not open for further replies.