Renato Sanches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Two signings in one day after winning the Bundesliga a few days ago. Primal efficiency at it's best. Gotta hand it to them. Dunno how much of Sanches's potential will be fulfilled though under Ancelloti.
Ancelotti actually has a damn good record helping midfielders fulfill their potential. He was crucial for Verrati's development at PSG, he turned Pirlo's career around and gave him an almost era defining role. He also is really good at changing the careers of struggling older midfielders for the better, like for example Seedorf who was really underwhelming for a few years before he played under Ancelotti or Di Maria recently at Real, who has never looked as good under any manager as he did under Ancelotti in a central/wide hybrid role.

vodrake

Because a striker and a centre mid are the same thing. :lol:

All these journalists popping out the woodwork when the chance to slag off united arrives. I bet Custis is licking his chubby lips

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fantastic news he's not somebody we need at the minute. Let's get players in who are ready and coming into their prime.
Plus he could easily turn out to be another Shaqiri who warms the bench.

RedDevil@84

With new players and Ancelloti at the helm, Bayern should be on its way to becoming the best team in the world.

Zoo

Of course we were but these journos have no idea what's going on behind the scenes and why this hasn't gone through. Just like they have no clue on the managerial situation.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Damn, this sucks. I really fancied him for next year! Oh wellll, I'm sure there are plenty of others out there we can get. Best of luck to him at Bayern!

izec

We just dithered, probably tried to lower the fee. We probably still have no clue about who manages us next season. Bayern just swooped in and fnalised it quickly.

Brophs

The One and Only
feck off! We had to pay over the top for Martial because we had dug ourselves a hole by then and had no choice but to overpay for the kid.
And you think other clubs are going to appreciate that (very artificial, IMO) distinction?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's just so frustrating when the press have linked us for SO LONG, and most of them have been saying "when" rather than if.

It's all a bit ridiculous really, he's either just outright chosen Bayern or we didn't think he was all that in the end. Can't believe it would be a money problem.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Yeah, that's fair enough. We like to steal your midfield targets. Though we were interested in Vidal way before you guys were and already had agreed on a contract with him back in 2011 when he moved to Juve because Leverkusen denied him the move to us. And Thiago simply couldn't resist once Pep called him, so it's probably more likely that we work more quietly behind the scenes while United's transfer dramas are more public. Which is really odd, because usually keeping things quiet isn't our strength at all, but at least in terms of transfers we managed to do that really well in recent years.
I keep saying, people don't give enough credit to Sammer. He's doing a fantastic job.

AN17

Get a grip FFS. Since the deal was announced FCBayern forum has like 2 additional pages till now. And here we go moaning and swearing like it's the end of the world.:mad:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We just dithered, probably tried to lower the fee. We probably still have no clue about who manages us next season. Bayern just swooped in and fnalised it quickly.
Which is completely fair, he isn't the only midfielder around and we need to respect the fees that we have in mind. If Bayern wants to pay a lot for a player that they don't crucially need it's fine, since their team is already built but United can't afford that we need to build a team and then we will be able to throw money around. Right now we need to be efficient on the field and on the transfer market.

ottosec

The worst thing about this transfer is that it most likely means LVG is staying. God help us all.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Make no mistake, we were interested regardless of what BS the club comes up with.

Devil may care

We are also linked to Joao Mario quite a bit over the last week as well as Saul and Andre Gomez, all Mendes boys, maybe our scouts just opted for a different target and it's not a sign of the Gaalpocalypse.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
With new players and Ancelloti at the helm, Bayern should be on its way to becoming the best team in the world.
I think this is a bit over the top. We're just trying to keep up and stay in the top three of Europe. :)

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I keep saying, people don't give enough credit to Sammer. He's doing a fantastic job.
Not sure how much involved he was in these transfers? I think he's more someone who oversees a lot of things and tells people to do something great than actually doing something great himself. That being said, that might be exactly what we missed before. His mentality that nothing is ever good enough could be a crucial part in why we never look complacent in the transfermarket anymore. Before he took over from Nerlinger it was always the same story for almost a decade. Win the league, don't sign any player to further the strengthen the team. feck up the league, panic buy a shitload of players without any well thought out plan behind it.

izec

Which is completely fair, he isn't the only midfielder around and we need to respect the fees that we have in mind. If Bayern wants to pay a lot for a player that they don't crucially need it's fine, since their team is already built but United can't afford that we need to build a team and then we will be able to throw money around. Right now we need to be efficient on the field and on the transfer market.
True, but we will still throw money around and pay too much most of the time, if the player is called Kante or Sanches.

izec

We are also linked to Joao Mario quite a bit over the last week as well as Saul and Andre Gomez, all Mendes boys, maybe our scouts just opted for a different target and it's not a sign of the Gaalpocalypse.
:lol:

If we pissed off Mendes, we wont get any of them.

van Persie

Not that disappointed tbh. Sure he's a talented kid but at that price I think there's better players available. He looks a bit overrated.

Norris

Ancelotti actually has a damn good record helping midfielders fulfill their potential. He was crucial for Verrati's development at PSG, he turned Pirlo's career around and gave him an almost era defining role. He also is really good at changing the careers of struggling older midfielders for the better, like for example Seedorf who was really underwhelming for a few years before he played under Ancelotti or Di Maria recently at Real, who has never looked as good under any manager as he did under Ancelotti in a central/wide hybrid role.
Many of the examples you gave are more focussed on redevelopment of a footballer in terms of positional changes or a revised role etc. I meant pure youth development like improved technical skills, tactical skills, Physical skills (ok, maybe not so much in his case). Has he actually taken a player with potential and made them into world class players ?

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Not sure how much involved he was in these transfers? I think he's more someone who oversees a lot of things and tells people to do something great than actually doing something great himself. That being said, that might be exactly what we missed before. His mentality that nothing is ever good enough could be a crucial part in why we never look complacent in the transfermarket anymore. Before he took over from Nerlinger it was always the same story for almost a decade. Win the league, don't sign any player to further the strengthen the team. feck up the league, panic buy a shitload of players without any well thought out plan behind it.
Well, I can't pinpoint it, either. But The one constant that changed together with our recent development for me is Sammer. After he joined, he infused Bayern with a kind of no-nonsense ideology of not resting on past glories, not doing drama and just simply getting stuff done. All his interviews I watched are along the lines of "Don't get excited, we're doing our job, we need to do more, it's a work in progress, we have to keep going" and that's it. No drama, no excitement. Just pure work ethics telling everyone to focus.

I am assuming he's doing a lot of useful things behind the scenes that we'll read up in a decade or two in some biography or some book about Bayern in this era. I am a believer. And trust me, when he came from the DFB to Bayern, I had no idea what their plan with him was. I thought he was as useful as a boil on your back, tbh. I am convinced now.

Devil may care

:lol:

If we pissed off Mendes, we wont get any of them.
I don't think this means we pissed him off though, all his CM's can't come here and if we opted for Joao Mario instead he simply flogged his other client to Bayern, no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.