Renato Sanches

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocprodigy

Why is everyone here assuming that we look like mugs, can someone please explain it to me?
It looks more like once again United's name have been used by a club/agent/player to force through deals.
It happens year on year, get used to it. It doesn't bother me because it's always nonsense rumors.

Reactions: Rood

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's obviously a lot more talented than our resident experts here made it out to be if we and Bayern were both in for him. Only one way that battle was going to go I'm afraid. We'd have to have acted quicker than them to beat them.

izec

If he is a Mendes client and Mourinho was supposedly joining, id have said this deal would have happened for sure
Well just paper talk and a tease from that Italian cougar. But yeah, the disappointment will be big once Jose signs for another club.
They aren't a club rich with English money though. Everyone knows they can add a substantial English tax to any player.
They still have plenty of money. They could spend 200m in a transfer window if they wanted to. They could have also afforded it to pay 60m on Sanches. They are just not clueless.

Brophs

The One and Only
It's one 18 year old player who probably wouldn't have hit his straps for us for another couple of years. You can't sign them all. Give it a rest, you daft shower of tits.

VanGaalEra

He's obviously a lot more talented than our resident experts here made it out to be if we and Bayern were both in for him. Only one way that battle was going to go I'm afraid. We'd have to have acted quicker than them to beat them.
Really badly wanted him. Feck!!

amolbhatia50k

Seriously, how brutal are Bayern in the transfer market? Lost Schweinsteiger and responded with signing Vidal. Midfield looked a bit stale apparently this season and now have signed a huge box to box prospect.

Shame, he looked quite the talent from the clips I've seen.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Typical Benfica and Mendes using Utd to drive the prices up.
If Jose isn't getting the United job Mendes will make sure United face consequences. I'd be surprised to see many Mendes players at United near term if we reject Mourinho. Makes me remember Ander saying 'hopefully' De Gea will stay at United in his on-line Q&A.

BarstoolProphet

I haven't seen enough of him to really care about losing out on him, but I'm seriously worried that this means LvG is staying. Feck Woodward and this club if so.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It does raise questions about our plans with Martinez and Kimmich though. The Hummels signing means neither will be a regular starting centerback, the Sanches signing makes it less likely that we partner Vidal with Martinez in a midfield 2, maybe Kimmich as a deep lying playmaker with Vidal + Sanches in front of them. I honestly have no clue what we're planning to do. There also still the rumours about our interest in Pjanic floating around.
:lol: wow. Maybe Carlo is planning on go "full Pep" with a 4-6-0 formation ;) *jokes*

Yeah, interesting times ahead. Especially with a new coach, with a different philosophy to the outgoing one.

It will also be curious to see which players FCB are willing to part with.

Art

Art the artist
Out of fecking nowhere. We had to pay 80mill but Bayern get him for 35? Its like fm in real life :lol:

ocprodigy

If Jose isn't getting the United job Mendes will make sure United face consequences. I'd be surprised to see many Mendes players at United near term if we reject Mourinho. Makes me remember Ander saying 'hopefully' De Gea will stay at United in his on-line Q&A.
Because Benfica would reject 60-80m euros for a 35m euro offer due to an agent? And Mendes would turn down his bonus? Get real. No way would they be negotiating with us for that amount and sell that cheap. It's clear our name was dragged into the media spotlight to cause Bayern to up their price. Simple as always. Don't start blaming the club and everything else just to create an issue.

Jig1234

haha! Woodward/Man United mugged off again. Bayern are the best run club on the planet. This deal breaking down suggests Mourinho is not happening. Mendes was the players agent. I don't think the club have any intention to move Van Gaal on. He will stay and Giggs will take over... Let's all pray we stay up!

RedDevil@84

I like the way about how we missing a prospect is used as a stick to beat LvG and the club officials..

Bwuk

Shows what the resident cafe experts know when Bayern are willing to splash on him

amolbhatia50k

As long as we overhaul our attack properly, I'm not particularly bothered with missing out on one central midfield talent.

Not that I have faith in us actually doing that either.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Maybe they have some relic they can sell to us to make us feel like a top club again?

Raw

Wow, €80m. Never really cared about the signing so I'm glad we didn't spunk all that money on him.

amolbhatia50k

Must be some talent if both United and Bayern are prepared to pay so much. Will be interesting to see his development. My guess is he ends up being twice the player this thread would have one believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.