Renato Sanches

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Still only 23 years old. Was at Bayern for a while then Swansea on loan before just recently helping Lille win the league. Physicality and pace of the Premier League shouldn't be a problem for him. Add another Portugese speaker to the dressing room. Sign him up! What say yee caftards?

Adamsk7

He was their best player when he came on and needs to start v France. I can see why some clubs would be wary of him though because he does have the tendency to blow hot and cold. I can see him having another good season in France before anyone takes the plunge

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Seems an incredibly erratic player. I've seen him be total cack, and I've seen him look like Iniesta with dreadlocks. Haven't seen much in between. :lol:

He’s clearly not their best player, but he’s turned into a very good footballer the lad. Just shows what a poor career choice early in your career can lead to, the likes of Haaland, Sancho, Bellingham have understood this.
Ødegaard’s another victim of some daft early career choices, can set players back years.

Abraxas

He looked quite interesting today when he came on. One awful mess up with one of his passes where he got his wires crossed but apart from that he distributed the ball quickly, and hit a good shot. Nothing earth shattering but certainly looked better than I remember him at Swansea.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is he a good passer as that's sortof what we need Op

marktan

He's a Fred / Mctominay type box to box. I like him a lot and have rated him since 2016 but he's not what we need right now unless we're replacing one of those 2.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Is he a good passer as that's sortof what we need Op
He's more a better version of McTominay from what I've seen of him though perhaps our Ligue 1 experts can shine more light on it.

I'm thinking Fred/Dvb, Scott/Renato and Bruno/Pogba and suddenly our midfield looks much better.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Still only 23 years old. Was at Bayern for a while then Swansea on loan before just recently helping Lille win the league. Physicality and pace of the Premier League shouldn't be a problem for him. Add another Portugese speaker to the dressing room. Sign him up! What say yee caftards?
He did feck all. He was injured most of the season

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's more a better version of McTominay from what I've seen of him though perhaps our Ligue 1 experts can shine more light on it.

I'm thinking Fred/Dvb, Scott/Renato and Bruno/Pogba and suddenly our midfield looks much better.
He seems inconsistent, which means he would probably flop at United.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He lacks discipline in his game. I think he suits 3 man midfield and does less defensive work, definitely not the type of player you want to have here but he will be a star if you build the team around him.

bucky

Developed really nicely. Had a great season in France and now he is showing what the hype was all about when he was younger.
He wasn't even first choice for the majority of the season. He's a talented player, but there are multiple players in France we should be looking at instead. Another season for Lille probably will benefit him the most.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
United need a player in the middle who is technically unreal. This guy would be an upgrade on Fred and that’s all.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
To be fair, he's probably better than the current two starters they have and would probably be more useful than the likes of Fred or Matic.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He wasn't even first choice for the majority of the season. He's a talented player, but there are multiple players in France we should be looking at instead. Another season probably will benefit him the most.
Yeah, you wouldn't have to look far. Soumare next to him for Lille is of course heading to Leicester for peanuts and we'll inevitably be linked to him for something like £70m next summer or the one after.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He is a discount version of Arturo Vidal

jesperjaap

Still think he would hav ebeen a very good signing for us if he had of chosen us over Bayern, Just glad to see him progressing again as he was obviously awful at Swansea, but his confidence was shot and is a far better player than the flop many labelled with him for failing to move to another country to one of the worlds biggest clubs, has already achieved a lot.

Wouldnt sign him for us now though....as others state he can inconsistant and we do have so many players already that way in similar positions to those he plays and also yougnsters coming through in those positions, but I think he could benefit a lot of good premiership clubs this summer

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I genuinely thought it was Ruben Semedo playing today. Thought it was weird how far up the field he was going.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Think we should elsewhere at players with more quality and passing ability.

Tarrou

He’s not that different to McFred for me

I’m not sure if he’s any better, but even if he was he isn’t the type of player we need now

Bondi77

Is this the transfer forum as I have not seen a link relating to us anywhere.

Shimo

Would Fred start for Lille and Portugal?
Fred's started 2 on the trot for Brazil and was a regular starter for United - so good possibility of yes on both counts. Fred had a very good season even though everyone wishes for better.

Dante

Average bang
Bruno Fernandes failed at Udinese and Sampdoria before joining United at age 25 to become our best signing in years.

Sanches is still only 23. There's every possibility he could have turned the corner.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Someone in the Ligue 1 thread said he was one of the best midfielders in the league when he was fit.

happy for him if he finds some form. He looked very nervous at Swansea and Bayern