Replacing Ole

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAred

Lee Martin Scores , Sir Alex legacy begins
I like Ole, he has done a great job in getting morale up a great job in the transfer market even getting some decent monies for outgoing players however he does make some strange decisions and yesterday was some of the strangest he has ever made.

So let's say the club decides it's time to change him who is available and who will take United to the next level.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Let's not make these threads right now

Andersonson

He isn't going anywhere.

One loss ain't changing anything... Not 3 losses either.

No point in this thread, everyone loses games, every manager makes mistakes every player makes mistakes

Skills

Snitch
It's a bit of a race between us and arsenal, on who will nab a decent manager.

20/21 - who can we get who can challenge Klopp and Pep anyway? They're on their own level. May as well stick with Ole.

21/22 - who can we get who can challenge Klopp, Pep and Tuchel? They're on their own level. May as well stick with Ole.

22/23 - who can we get who can challenge Klopp, Pep, Tuchel and Conte/Zidane/etc? They're on their own level. May as well stick with Ole.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Fletcher, Woodward, our scouting team and Ole has done a fantastic job recruiting the players we have now. But it is obvious that our weakness is not in the midfield, but it is in the coaching.

Conte, will get us to the level of an elite team. However, in my own opinion, he should be a short term fix. Pochettino will get tired of psg eventually, and will create another iconic team here at United that will meet United standards. If he isn’t interest, I like how Brighton plays, yet they have such a bad squad. That speaks of great coaching over there. With Potter in charge, there will not be an issue with coaching Here.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's not a kneejerk thread just wondering who can replace him that is available and will take United up a notch or two.
Too early to debate anything like that now.

SAred

Fletcher, Woodward, our scouting team and Ole has done a fantastic job recruiting the players we have now. But it is obvious that our weakness is not in the midfield, but it is in the coaching.

Conte, will get us to the level of an elite team. However, in my own opinion, he should be a short term fix. Pochettino will get tired of psg eventually, and will create another iconic team here at United that will meet United standards. If he isn’t interest, I like how Brighton plays and they such a bad squad. With Potter, there will not be an issue with coaching.
I thank you for your answer, it's a rare event so far in this thread.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
This thread isn’t going to go down well. For what it’s worth I think it’s a question that bears consideration now. The same criticisms have been levelled at Ole consistently for years, as much as some like to pretend that these criticisms are only in response to the last bad game.

Unfortunately all the best managers with styles that I appreciate are at rivals now. We are left with Conte, whose football isn’t exactly appealing and is a troublemaker. But he is one of the best coaches around no doubt. Pep will be available after his contract runs out I think, but would the fanbase accept him coming straight from City? Personally I think he’s good enough that I would, but I understand if the majority wouldn’t.

I don’t know about Pochettino since he hasn’t exactly pulled up any trees at PSG yet I think? Despite the monster squad he has (which to be fair could cause its own problems).

Real Name

Conte, will get us to the level of an elite team. However, in my own opinion, he should be a short term fix. Pochettino will get tired of psg eventually, and will create another iconic team here at United that will meet United standards. If he isn’t interest, I like how Brighton plays, yet they have such a bad squad. That speaks of great coaching over there. With Potter in charge, there will not be an issue with coaching Here.
Sorry but.. :lol:

SAred

This thread isn’t going to go down well. For what it’s worth I think it’s a question that bears consideration now. The same criticisms have been levelled at Ole consistently for years, as much as some like to pretend that these criticisms are only in response to the last bad game.

Unfortunately all the best managers with styles that I appreciate are at rivals now. We are left with Conte, whose football isn’t exactly appealing and is a troublemaker. But he is one of the best coaches around no doubt. Pep will be available after his contract runs out I think, but would the fanbase accept him coming straight from City? Personally I think he’s good enough that I would, but I understand if the majority wouldn’t.

I don’t know about Pochettino since he hasn’t exactly pulled up any trees at PSG yet I think? Despite the monster squad he has (which to be fair could cause its own problems).
Pochettino won't be available, Conte style is not what United fans want but is a winner.

Stepney73

God knows why the club just didn’t wait until January before extending his contract and see how the first half of the season unfolds.

it’s not like Bayern,Real or Barca (or Stockport,Wigan and Bolton) where going to nab him.

Amadaeus

I thank you for your answer, it's a rare event so far in this thread.
Yea, Ole is pretty popular, so a lot of fans do not want to even consider this event from happening. However, after 4 years without a trophy and about 8 years without a major trophies, as a United fan it is time to say enough is enough. We should stop the arsenification of United and get back to the United glory days where we are expected to win the league and challenge for the champions league trophy. Not go four years without a trophy and call that progress. That isn’t progress. That is turning United into Arsenal or spurs.

weizxx

Zidane or Conte, please. Don't think Ole is good enough.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Pochettino won't be available, Conte style is not what United fans want but is a winner.
I mentioned elsewhere that I’d be willing to take a short term risk on Conte as we have Ronaldo, Varane and Pogba and need to win something now. But he’s a massive risk. We need to be sure we learned from the Mourinho debacle and manage him properly. It’ll be kinda like hiring prime Mourinho, I guess. And his football at Chelsea wasn’t nearly as ugly as ours under Mourinho, which is another plus.

Mentioned Pochettino only because Amadaeus above suggested him.

Forgot about Zidane too, although he has a few similar question marks over just how good he is as a coach. Can’t argue with his absolutely incredible achievements though!

darioterios

He isn't going anywhere.

One loss ain't changing anything... Not 3 losses either.

No point in this thread, everyone loses games, every manager makes mistakes every player makes mistakes
Players have repeatedly made unfathomable mistakes when push comes to shove though.

Roboc7

I have always thought big danger with Ole is he’s not good enough to compete at the top but has enough about him to hit the minimum requirement consistently, especially now with players at his disposal.

Ole doesn’t have any more to offer there’s no master plan, it’s what we’re seeing and have seen maybe with better players. Unfortunately it will have to go wrong before we make a change as that’s how football works and when we do sack Ole I’d still expect us to go for whichever high profile free agent is available whether they are a good fit or not.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why? It's been almost 3 years now with the same flaws apparent year after year.
Because its 4 games into the season. We have 10 out of 12 points and stil have 5 games in the CL to comfortably finish 1st.

So yeah, it's too early.

kthanksbye

Even though I believe Ole has done a stellar job so far, I think he has peaked. Unless he changes something drastically in terms of coaching and tactics, I don't see how he should continue after this season.
But this thread after one bad result is kneejerk.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I mentioned elsewhere that I’d be willing to take a short term risk on Conte as we have Ronaldo, Varane and Pogba and need to win something now. But he’s a massive risk. We need to be sure we learned from the Mourinho debacle and manage him properly. It’ll be kinda like hiring prime Mourinho, I guess. And his football at Chelsea wasn’t nearly as ugly as ours under Mourinho, which is another plus.

Mentioned Pochettino only because Amadaeus above suggested him.

Forgot about Zidane too, although he has a few similar question marks over just how good he is as a coach. Can’t argue with his absolutely incredible achievements though!
Seriously? One of the most successful managers in the history of the game at his age and he has question marks?

We already have 2 of the key players from the Real 3-peat side, should just get him in.

CallyRed

Pochettino? That's a bit left field

RedPnutz

One loss due to a red card and a brain fart. Let’s change the manager.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I like how Brighton plays, yet they have such a bad squad. That speaks of great coaching over there. With Potter in charge, there will not be an issue with coaching Here.
Clearly you don't know very much about Brighton. There's a much better argument that says, with the squad we have, we actually under performed last season.

Winrar

I'd welcome Zidane with open arms if he's available. (aka interested in continuing coaching... that's the part I don't know)

largelyworried

I still think that the best scenario is that Ole pulls his finger out and sorts out this team. Not that hopeful of that, but it would be the best option. When I look at other options across Europe I don't see anyone who ticks every box. Conte would certainly get more out of this team than Ole, but that would also take us backwards on the things that Ole has done well, like building the squad and making the club a positive environment. Zidane is a decent manager but I can't help think that Real is his natural environment and he'd struggle elsewhere.

There are lots of up and coming managers around but it would be a huge step for most of them. Most of the experienced coaches are in positions they're unlikely to leave. So for the time being I think Ole is as good as it gets.

Bobade

Last night was so bad. Not to the extent I want Ole replacing but it has crossed my mind. However, there isn't anyone we can really replace him with who is available.

Potter as an option is laughable. Massive gamble to see if he can translate his (fairly limited) successes to a massive club such as United. Poch hasn't really impressed for a few years IMO.

The hipster German names have all moved clubs recently so will be out of the running. Conte is short term for sure. Zidane, maybe? Would he be interested ?

Hughie77

Who????? Joe blogs or Carlos kickaball from Inter Amazon rovers . They be ok. Wow now !!!

Amadaeus

Clearly you don't know very much about Brighton. There's a much better argument that says, with the squad we have, we actually under performed last season.
Potter is making some of your average player perform good. That is what good managers does. Without Potter, i can see you lot doing much worse. Last season, your performance didn’t match your result, so I believe Potter was unlucky to be fighting relegation with the way his team performed last season.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Seriously? One of the most successful managers in the history of the game at his age and he has question marks?

We already have 2 of the key players from the Real 3-peat side, should just get him in.
Far fewer question marks than most of course. I’m just comparing him to the indisputably elite coaches like Pep and Klopp because I don’t recall his Madrid dominating opponents with the consistency achieved by the other two.

Nickelodeon

The first step is acceptance. We must acknowledge that we have screwed up 4 different manager appointments. Since Fergie, we have had managers like Pep (2013 and then 2016), Klopp (2015), Conte and Tuchel become available and being snapped up by our rivals while we "show faith" and behave like "true fans". Our squad is as good as it has been since Fergie, we can't let it go wasted under such poor coaching.

And my issue is not with the results. Genuinely. I'm dying to see some tactical innovation or a big game where we don't just win, like we do at City, we win by playing the other team off the park. I can't remember a single game where we've done that against Chelsea, Liverpool or City in the recent memory.

But it is purely wishful thinking since we've handed out a long term contract to him since we take care of our own like 'smile on his face' Jesse.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
After watching Ole in the last three years, i can conclusively say it's time for a change, but we should wait until November atleast to see how he does if by then the team looks to be underachieving then we can call him in, hand him a brown paper bag and say thank you for your service.

The One manager who can come in and have an immediate impact with our style of play who I think would be available next summer after the WC would be Roberto Mancini, he's evolved well since his time at Cithe, he's Had Italy playing some quick possession based football, I know he has a history with Cithe, but i think he should be our next Manager, he's Charismatic, Charming, passionate, Intelligent, Commands respect and he plays 4 3 3 something that isn't too different from the current way we play.

What you think guys?

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
I still think that the best scenario is that Ole pulls his finger out and sorts out this team. Not that hopeful of that, but it would be the best option. When I look at other options across Europe I don't see anyone who ticks every box. Conte would certainly get more out of this team than Ole, but that would also take us backwards on the things that Ole has done well, like building the squad and making the club a positive environment. Zidane is a decent manager but I can't help think that Real is his natural environment and he'd struggle elsewhere.

There are lots of up and coming managers around but it would be a huge step for most of them. Most of the experienced coaches are in positions they're unlikely to leave. So for the time being I think Ole is as good as it gets.
That’s certainly the ideal scenario, but how do you envision Ole pulling his finger out? Tbh he’s an experienced manager by now, and he’s been with us for several years. Yet we still see the same problems. IMO there hasn’t been any evidence that he’ll evolve significantly as a coach.

OleBoiii

Yes, I was here.
I didn't approve, mind you.
But yes, I was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.