Replacing Ole

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

No we lost because they scored two goals when we were down to 10 men. Which was a result of us completely giving up on any control, sit back and invite pressure. Instead of trying to keep the ball within our ranks, we sat deep in our own box and hoofed the ball forward at any opportunity. We looked panicky and scared. I hoped for a bit more control even down to 10, which I agree is not easy. But look at our squad and compare it to theirs for heaven's sake.
There’s little you can do with 10 men when the opposition actually play the man advantage well. They were spreading the play and pressing high when they lost it so our passes had to be hurried or we would give it away in dangerous positions.

Godfather

Teams who get a man sent off in first half often go on to lose. You should look it up.
What a childish response. Nothing new from you though. There are many examples of teams seeing out games even going down to 10. Our attempt at getting our lead over the line was simply pathetic yesterday. Instead of completely shitting the pants and not even getting over the half-way line anymore we could have at least tried to keep the ball within our own ranks.

So yes, I agree. The 2-1 was much down to another brainfart of Lingard, but it's not like it wasn't deserved or we didn't have it coming.

largelyworried

And why was he joining Chelsea mid season in the first place?

He got sacked for being 2nd in the farmers league with PSG. Lille had a budget a tenth of their size and were ahead.

So he does make mistakes clearly....
Tuchel won the CL last season. So any arguments that his flaws and Oles are comparable are obviously pretty daft.

Godfather

There’s little you can do with 10 men when the opposition actually play the man advantage well. They were spreading the play and pressing high when they lost it so our passes had to be hurried or we would give it away in dangerous positions.
This I agree with. They played it well. But this goes both ways. Maybe they were playing it well because we made it damn easy for them?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Can we do this please?

Bring in Conte on a 12 months stop gap contract, and hope his relentless drive for a trophy pushes us to one, then at the end of this season Pay him off irrespective of his Achievements.

Bring in Roberto Mancini, he's evolved well since his time at Cithe, he's Had Italy playing some quick possession based football, I know he has a history with Cithe, but i think he should be our next Manager, he's Charismatic, Charming, passionate, Intelligent, Commands respect, plays an attacking 4, 3, 3 Formation something that isn't too different from the way we currently play and by large the most important component is the fact that he's a proven winner.

Or Bring in Zidane who I think would do way better with this current group of players and have us playing some possession based football for a change and top of that he's a proven winner.

Andersonson

Or how about you self entitled fans who would probably support Chelsea or City if you were born in a latter decade get behind our manager. We are top of the PL FFS.

We lost last night because of a red card. We would have won 2 or 3 nil most likely 11 vs 11. Chelsea had Thiago Silva sent off in 30th minute at home to Westbrom in April and lost 5-2. It's not easy playing with ten men.

Wan Bissaka is the reason we lost and obviously Lingard has to take some of the Blame too for a horrendous pass.
Don't make sense. This is an opportunity for OleOut brigade to whine again!

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Teams who get a man sent off in first half often go on to lose. You should look it up.
Who do you think you are to speak to him so condescendingly? Disrespectful.

If 'teams who get a red card, often go on to lose', then Ole definately made sure of that, with his calamitous changes afterwards. From the first change onwards, he was left chasing his tail throughout.

Might expect difficult circumstances like that vs. the elite, but to let Young Boys, and a former Huddersfield manager do that to you instead is just embarrassing. God help him vs. the likes of Emery again in Spain & Gasperini in Italy then.

Last edited:

Utd77

Suspect Zidane would be the unanimous choice for Ronaldo, Pogba and Varane, could even be the leverage for Pogba to finally sign his new contract.

bondsname

There nothing wrong with discussing other potential managers.

The managers “available” aren’t appealing to me at all. Conte, Zidane, Potter… the possibilities before the summer didn’t interest me either (Nagelsmann, Hassenhuttl, Potter, Ancelotti). I think the romantic in me has an image of what a Manchester United manager would be like, and appointing one of those available will make us just like other clubs. Maybe it’s silly, but I want a manager that can potentially stay here a very long time and I just see don’t see a fit.

The only man I can see managing United is Pochettino and I think he will be at PSG for a while.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Not for the first time, we've missed the boat. Allegri waited and waited (and I think might have been expecting a call), now he's seen the board is as poor as the manager, he's rejoined Juve. We've conjured the situation where there isn't really an obvious choice which allows them to pretend they are right to sick with Ole. Chelsea saw where things were going and took the tough but right decision. Our board is so sure they are right, it's scary...

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
What I really can't understand is why doesn't he delegate? He's obviously well liked, and has created a good atmosphere around the club again, if he wants to be like SAF (he's nowhere near him obviously) is to hire coaches to coach the team.

It's obvious that he isn't a very good coach, just a good manager, that being the case get someone in that can actually improve players and has the ability to give us plans, rather than hoping one of our star players comes up with some magic.

He also needs to become ruthless, SAF was also a great man manager and was loved, but he knew when to get rid of players - for poster saying it was individual mistakes yesterday, well Jesse should have been sold 2/3 years ago, why he was even on the pitch last night was baffling.

If Ole wants to keep his job, get in world class coaches, not Carrick and Mckenna.

Mickson

I think we should bring in Phil Neville. Doing a stellar job at Inter Miami. Knows the club, has his heart at this club, wants what is best for this club and he also knows the club. Very important that he does know the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.