Gaming Resident Evil 3 Remake (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Irwin99

April 3rd- a month after FF7 . How cool is that :drool:

Really hoping this is as good as RE2 remake.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Really hoping this is as good as RE2 remake.
Not good heading into my last 2 months of Uni:lol:

My only slight concern so far is I’m not overly keen on the design of Nemesis, but we’ll see how it plays out. Will be great if it’s half as good as 2.

Irwin99

Not good heading into my last 2 months of Uni:lol:

My only slight concern so far is I’m not overly keen on the design of Nemesis, but we’ll see how it plays out. Will be great if it’s half as good as 2.

I'm sure you can juggle all 3 :D

Yeah the design of Nemesis isn't bad but it's not quite as cool as the original but I like what they've done with Carlos design. I hope we have the option for the original music again like in RE2 and i'm hoping we get some more info on how close this is to the original, e.g., are we going to get the choice system again, the multiple endings, etc. All looks good so far though.

Sweet Square

Ay, caramba! That looks totally radical.............dude.

Isn't anyone else worried that we are stuck in a late 90's loop and can't escape ?

I'm sure the game will be brilliant btw.

Irwin99

Ay, caramba! That looks totally radical.............dude.

Isn't anyone else worried that we are stuck in a late 90's loop and can't escape ?

I'm sure the game will be brilliant btw.
I don’t wanna escape!!!! It’s also kind of nice to play these games again on better consoles.

Sweet Square

Late 90s was great for games so no issue for me :)
I'm just bitter that no one is talking about rebooting the Gex series. :(
I don’t wanna escape!!!! It’s also kind of nice to play these games again on better consoles.
Yeah in their defence its great that the original game directors get to finally make the game they've always wanted without being restricted. (PS1 version of RE3 looks like piss)

Art Vandelay

I've always been stuck in the 90's, it's nice of people to finally join me.

Looks great so far although I wish they'd kept Julia Voth as Jill's face. Apparently Nemesis has more ways to track you than Mr X did, my bum hole is already quivering in terror. At least I hope it's terror.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Hope we can still get items for downing Nemesis. If he's carrying a rocket launcher then feck him.

Also we'll get remade hunters in this one!

Irwin99

Will this have the original soundtrack? I got the original ST with RE2 because i preordered it and i'm glad i did but this one is not showing :confused:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm in the minority that didn't love RE4. It was decent, but not what I wanted from an RE game.

I vaguely remember previews before it came out showing pictures of Leon in what I think was a mansion with a torch facing wraith like enemies.
I didn't like the virus because it was so different to the T or G, and I felt it ruined the subsequent games afterwards as well.

Irwin99

I've heard there's no mercenary mode or character choices this time :( The more action orientated approach is true to the original RE3 but I hope it doesn't go overboard with it like 5 and 6 (shudders)

Art Vandelay

I've heard there's no mercenary mode or character choices this time :( The more action orientated approach is true to the original RE3 but I hope it doesn't go overboard with it like 5 and 6 (shudders)
I think they've learned from that after the praise 7 and 2 REmake got. Apparently Nemesis is going to be an advanced version of the AI used for Mr X. My bumhole is already quivering in fear.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I would hope it’ll be more aligned with 2/7 seeing how successful they’ve been. If they revert back to type with 5 and 6 it’ll be disappointing. I know it’s a slightly more action oriented game than 1 and 2 was so I don’t mind the extra bit, but I hope they don’t overdo it.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Looks awesome. Can't wait. The RE 2 remake was superb.

Hopefully Code Veronica is the next one they do.

Irwin99

New footage looks good and media people who have played the demo says it's great (apparently the demo might be coming soon for fans too)

Really looking forward to this. I don't care if it's just a more action focused version of RE2. I'd happily have more of the same in this instance.

evil_geko

Aye, everything looks brilliant, can't wait. I hope Nemmy runs more on Hardcore though.

Shark

@NotShark
Looks brilliant. Only gripe I have is Nemesis has the potential to be highly annoying with all that tripping.
Yeah, tbh he seems more of an annoyance than scary, but what we're seeing here probably isn't the finished article.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Looks great. Can't wait. I like that forward roll; could get you out of a pickle when you're penned in. Nemesis also seems a bit more nimble than Mr. X, which could be cool and annoying at the same time.

Art Vandelay

Yeah, tbh he seems more of an annoyance than scary, but what we're seeing here probably isn't the finished article.
Yeah, the tripping and then just standing over Jill looked like it might be on a lower difficulty too. He seemed more like a bit of a cheeky scamp than a towering threat. Hopefully they get it right. Half of the scare factor with Mr X was the sound, so that could be a big factor that's missing.

Art Vandelay

That ain't right

What?! That's an outrage! Down with this sort of thing. I'm not sure I like that change.

I watched 20 minutes of footage of it. It looked glorious, very smooth. The map looked a bit daunting with all the shops that could be entered. Like it will be a lot harder to memorise than the first two games. Looks like it has more of a chaotic element to it.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
What?! That's an outrage! Down with this sort of thing. I'm not sure I like that change.

I watched 20 minutes of footage of it. It looked glorious, very smooth. The map looked a bit daunting with all the shops that could be entered. Like it will be a lot harder to memorise than the first two games. Looks like it has more of a chaotic element to it.
It's been so long since i've played the original RE3 i genuinely can't remember any of the areas. I must've been about 14 the last time i played it. With the RE2 remake, i know they changed it a bit, but i could remember quite a bit from the original 'cause i played it so much. Going into this game is genuinely going to be like playing a brand new game. I'm not even sure how many of the areas they're going to rehash from the original, tbh.

Art Vandelay

It's been so long since i've played the original RE3 i genuinely can't remember any of the areas. I must've been about 14 the last time i played it. With the RE2 remake, i know they changed it a bit, but i could remember quite a bit from the original 'cause i played it so much. Going into this game is genuinely going to be like playing a brand new game. I'm not even sure how many of the areas they're going to rehash from the original, tbh.
I'm the same. It's probably the one I remember least having only played through it once or twice when it came out. I can vaguely remember a few alleyways, a hospital, a clock tower and a press room. All of it with no context. I want to read every preview, but trying not to spoil myself. When it comes out I'll be trying not to soil myself.

Irwin99

Rumoured that the demo is coming out on Thursday/Friday . On a less positive note, I keep reading fan rumours that the clock-tower has been cut from the game. That would suck as it was a very cool place in the original. Hopefully not true.

Utdstar01

Could make a serious windfall out of this with the timing of the release and everyone potentially in lockdown by then.