Gaming Resident Evil 3 Remake (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

padr81

Supports
Man City
Stuck on final Nemesis on Inferno mode for 3 hours. Need to kill him to get the platinum trophy. Every other objective done, even with infinite rocket launcher he's a pain in the hole.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Don't know how I feel about a 2022 release. Just feels like Capcom are going to churn out Resi remakes as often as they can now.

Irwin99

I'm not too hyped about a Resi 4 remake because it's aged badly (I know i'm in the minority with this opinion) and those QTE's must die and never return! Code Veronica would have been better.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I'm not too hyped about a Resi 4 remake because it's aged badly (I know i'm in the minority with this opinion) and those QTE's must die and never return! Code Veronica would have been better.
Yeah QTE's are gash and having to cover for that useless cnut Ashley is annoying at times.

Still a great game but it's definitely the point at which Resi went in the completely wrong direction. CV would be a great remake to do and one I'd enjoy.

Are the Revelations games any good? Thinking of doing those once I've finished with FF7R.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Not sure about a RE 4 remake. It still seems quite fresh. It's out on basically everything and it hasn't long come to the Switch. It's already in a third- person behind the shoulder perspective, which these last two remakes have switched to, so I don't see a need for it really. It would be typical of Capcom to have something good here then mess it up.

If the rumours are true, of course.

Art Vandelay

I'm the same, although if they remake it closer to RE2 than 4 I'd be delighted. Although I don't see why they'd do that. I think 3 is the cut off for me as far as action goes, if they don't slow it down to survival horror then my interest isn't really there. I can play better action games and better horror games than either of RE3 or 4. They should stick to horror and get better at it.
Yeah QTE's are gash and having to cover for that useless cnut Ashley is annoying at times.

Still a great game but it's definitely the point at which Resi went in the completely wrong direction. CV would be a great remake to do and one I'd enjoy.

Are the Revelations games any good? Thinking of doing those once I've finished with FF7R.
The first one was decent, but it was years ago I played it. I wouldn't be paying any more than a tenner for it. Didn't play much of the second I remember finding it a bit annoying.

evil_geko

I'd prefer Code Veronica first, but 4 will do. I just hope they lean more into the horror than the action this time. Also the shopkeeper must returner, Stranjah!
But original RE4 is as actiony as RE can be. That is why while everyone loves RE4, I kinda hate it because it's success brought RE franchise in terrible action direction.

RE4 might be good action-horror game, but bad Resident Evil game.

Art Vandelay

But original RE4 is as actiony as RE can be. That is why while everyone loves RE4, I kinda hate it because it's success brought RE franchise in terrible action direction.

RE4 might be good action-horror game, but bad Resident Evil game.
That's why I want them to lean more into horror. I don't really care for it either. I probably won't bother with it if they leave it as full on action.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I can't for the life of me get less than 55 minute run, even on assisted with rocket launcher and without getting hit. How people are getting under 50 minutes I'll never know.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
So picked this up last week on a discount and beat it the same day I bought it. It's decent game, but definitely lacked depth. I felt the nemesis thing got old very quickly. I missed out on the original resident evil games because I didn't have a ps1 or ps2, so apart from RE5, RE2 remake was my starting point. I felt after Mr. X/Tyrant, the Nemesis thing was just a reshash and the whole game centered around it. Still awesome graphics and audio etc. 7/10

Next day I went into RE4 and after adjusting to the shitty controls I liked it. It went on for much longer than I had anticipated and was kind of wonky and entertaining. Definitely better than I had expected.

Right now I'm going through RE1 remake and its definitely spooky and well-made, but how could any of you beat this game without a walkthrough? I have no clue or idea what to do or where to go most of the time. I try to not lean on a guide most of the time so not to be spoilered but I find it kind of impossible. I'm still impressed by the atmosphere though and although it's gamecube graphics it doesn't look way too outdated to be a bother.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Probably means the HD Remaster, though there is a Remake on the way.
Gotcha.

Loved the OG REs on PS1/2 but haven't bothered with any of the remakes/remasters. Will be changing that when 4 comes out, though. Incredible game.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
So picked this up last week on a discount and beat it the same day I bought it. It's decent game, but definitely lacked depth. I felt the nemesis thing got old very quickly. I missed out on the original resident evil games because I didn't have a ps1 or ps2, so apart from RE5, RE2 remake was my starting point. I felt after Mr. X/Tyrant, the Nemesis thing was just a reshash and the whole game centered around it. Still awesome graphics and audio etc. 7/10

Next day I went into RE4 remake and after adjusting the to the shitty controls I liked it. It went on for much longer than I had anticipated and was kind of wonky and entertaining. Definitely better than I had expected.

Right now I'm going through RE1 remake and its definitely spooky and well-made, but how could any of you beat this game without a walkthrough? I have no clue or idea what to do or where to go most of the time. I try to not lean on a guide most of the time so not to be spoilered but I find it kind of impossible. I'm still impressed by the atmosphere though and although it's gamecube graphics it doesn't look way too outdated to be a bother.
Yeah RE3 was disappointing for me. Enjoyable enough, but should have been so much more. Felt so rushed. As someone who played the original, it definitely lacked the sense of nostalgia that RE2 Remake captured so well. Still a decent enough game, but nothing more.

The 1 original is good fun but very old school, though I don't think it is too difficult to figure out? Just explore each room and use your map, and you should be fine!

Gehrman

Yeah RE3 was disappointing for me. Enjoyable enough, but should have been so much more. Felt so rushed. As someone who played the original, it definitely lacked the sense of nostalgia that RE2 Remake captured so well. Still a decent enough game, but nothing more.

The 1 original is good fun but very old school, though I don't think it is too difficult to figure out? Just explore each room and use your map, and you should be fine!
I'm honestly just slow due to cognitive dysfunction(I think most people will have noticed). But yeah I havn't found a game as confusing as RE1 for a long time. Maybe it's just because i'm a little spooked out while playing it.

Sweet Square

I'm honestly just slow due to cognitive dysfunction(I think most people will have noticed). But yeah I havn't found a game as confusing as RE1 for a long time. Maybe it's just because i'm a little spooked out while playing it.
Some of the puzzles have aged poorly and aren't user friendly(The room with the knight statues for example).

Some tips -

• Make sure you check every room(The room appears red on the map if they hasn't been cleared fully).
  • In the item menu make sure to examine the back of items such as books or keys.
  • Use YouTube or a game guide if you get stuck. It's an old game so some stuff will be difficult to get your head around in 2020.
It will all make sense after your first play through and you'll fly through the game a second time. Still might be my favorite game of all time tbh.

Woodzy

Next day I went into RE4 and after adjusting to the shitty controls I liked it. It went on for much longer than I had anticipated and was kind of wonky and entertaining. Definitely better than I had expected.

Probably his mutated genes.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm tempted to get this. I loved RE 2 remake, and I know some don't like this because they left a lot out of this game that was in the original, but it still looks really good. Also, I haven't got a real connection to the original, so I probably won't care about the things they've left out.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I'm tempted to get this. I loved RE 2 remake, and I know some don't like this because they left a lot out of this game that was in the original, but it still looks really good. Also, I haven't got a real connection to the original, so I probably won't care about the things they've left out.
I enjoyed it. I played the original 20 years ago so barely remembered much so didn’t notice the bits they cut.

Go for it

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I enjoyed it. I played the original 20 years ago so barely remembered much so didn’t notice the bits they cut.

Go for it
How long is it about? I typically go for all the trophies, so I can probably double the time it actually takes to complete the game.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
How long is it about? I typically go for all the trophies, so I can probably double the time it actually takes to complete the game.
Only about 8-10 hours and I am slow at finishing games. I also enjoy going for trophies but wasn’t too keen on the trophy list for this game so never went for the platinum

Irwin99

At the price quoted above i'd definitely get it. It was a disappointing remake for me because I loved the original and spent hours on it as a kid but it was ok/good enough and Jill and Carlos were pretty cool.

It has a very high platinum score on the PS trophies (8.5%) and after an initial 6-8 hour first run you can just speed through the game in no time and collect everything.

Chairman Steve

I still think RE3 remake is a decent to good game. I think it gets unfairly measured against the RE2 remake and probably the original RE1 remake which is arguably the greatest video game remake of all time.

The B-Team was assigned to it and it shows. I wish they could have made some parts of it longer and had more Nemesis interaction.

Apparently the B-Teams involvement in the RE4 remake got reduced recently, and Capcoms A-Team are more hands on now. The RE4 remake is going to have ridiculous expectations on it especially for its revolutionary gaming status and being arguably one of the greatest games ever made, let alone best RE game.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
At the price quoted above i'd definitely get it. It was a disappointing remake for me because I loved the original and spent hours on it as a kid but it was ok/good enough and Jill and Carlos were pretty cool.

It has a very high platinum score on the PS trophies (8.5%) and after an initial 6-8 hour first run you can just speed through the game in no time and collect everything.
Yeah, the website I use to see the trophy lists in games gave it a 3/10 difficulty rating. So very achievable. Much like the RE 2 platinum really. That was pretty easy.

Did you get the platinum in this?

Irwin99

Yeah, the website I use to see the trophy lists in games gave it a 3/10 difficulty rating. So very achievable. Much like the RE 2 platinum really. That was pretty easy.

Did you get the platinum in this?
Yes, it wasn't that difficult. The final boss on the hardest difficulty is complete BS but, as with other RE games, there are weapons you can get to tilt the battle in your favour.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Its a piss easy platinum. I can finish the game start to finish in 50 minutes now. You don't need too many plays for the platinum and with some clever save file uses can be done in under 20 hours.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It’s definitely worth picking up. It’s a fun and enjoyable game, and if you’ve no real connection to the original then a lot of the things I found to be disappointing you’d not even be aware of.

el3mel

Thought I had posted my opinion about this here earlier. Turns out I didn't.

Well, I got this for about 30 dollars on Steam several months ago and I think it was very, very disappointing. It's not a bad game, it's just underwhelming in comparison to RE2 remake.

It's neither survival nor horror, so basically not a Resident Evil game you'll want to check. It's a very linear action game. There're ton of missed opportunities down there that could have made it better, but they missed all of them.

There's no survival aspect in this because there's ton of ammo and crafting items for them. I always had about 60 bullets on normal. I thought it might be because of the normal difficulty but I checked a video for someone playing on Hardcore he had +90 handgun bullets with a lot of gunpowder to craft, so first big aspect of RE is gone. There's no ammo micromanagement to fear about. Game seems to understands this well so also throws ton of zombies at you to kill, turning into pure action. It's not scary or tense either. The hospital section was creepy alright, but that's as scary as it can get. Meanwhile, in RE2 I was so damn tense every minute of my 2 playthroughs and I never had more than 20-30 bullets at time. It was a more Resident Evil experience I'll expect.

The city was a huge missed opportunity. They could have made this section an open hub area with multiple exploration routes and optional things to do before moving on but it ended up not offering that much and was also pretty linear. This was the chance of Resident Evil to try something new. The game plays very, very linear which in my opinion hurts it, especially with the fact the survival aspect is dead and there're no puzzles. The linearity hurts the replayability value. RE2 had 2 playable characters with 2 different set of weapons, different story cutscenes and characters to meet, and second run shuffles the police station and makes you explore it in different order and in a more free way. The lab and sewers were the only linear parts, and they still shuffle the puzzles solutions for you, while RE3 had about one or two puzzles who were ridiculously easy.

It's not boring. It's a fun game for currently what it's, a very linear action game, but it could have ten times better with more brainstorming and creativity in holding this remake like what they did with RE2.

Gehrman

Personally I still think it would be awesome it they did a RE1 re-imagined on the new-gen consoles and pc. Remake still holds up, but the age and controls can be felt.

Sweet Square

It's neither survival nor horror, so basically not a Resident Evil game you'll want to check. It's a very linear action game. There're ton of missed opportunities down there that could have made it better, but they missed all of them.
Genuinely can't remember but wasn't this similar to the original RE 3 ?

I view both the original and remake as basically a terminator 1 rip off but with a big zombie man instead.

el3mel

Genuinely can't remember but wasn't this similar to the original RE 3 ?

I view both the original and remake as basically a terminator 1 rip off but with a big zombie man instead.
I think the remake could have been a nice idea of solving any problems happening in the direction the series started to go with after the original 2 games instead of going the same route again. My evaluation of the game isn't based on a comparison of it vs the original, more like it in comparison to what we saw in RE2 remake. I think they had several big opportunities to make this better than RE2 remake but they missed all of them.

Sweet Square

I think the remake could have been a nice idea of solving any problems happening in the direction the series started to go with after the original 2 games instead of going the same route again. My evaluation of the game isn't based on a comparison of it vs the original, more like it in comparison to what we saw in RE2 remake. I think they had several big opportunities to make this better than RE2 remake but they missed all of them.
Ah fair enough.

It does kinda feel like a game done on the cheap tbh.

Sweet Square

Finished this a few days ago and really enjoy it.

I can see why it gets a lot of hate from people. It does feel half finished in places, it's not as well done as RE 2 Remake and it's a very short game(It only took me around 4 hours on the first play through)but as someone who doesn't play a lot of games, didn't play the original and got it for under £20, it was a ton of fun. I can easily see myself playing it again if I'm bored on a Sunday(I like how short the game was tbh).

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

The best way to approach RE3 is to think of it as a good expansion pack to RE2 (both original and remaster). Same scenario from different perspective, reuse a lot of the pre-existing assets, more action based, shorter playtime. RE3 is to RE2 what Opposing Force is to Half-Life 1.

Code Veronica is more like the real RE3 in the series

Irwin99

The best way to approach RE3 is to think of it as a good expansion pack to RE2 (both original and remaster). Same scenario from different perspective, reuse a lot of the pre-existing assets, more action based, shorter playtime. RE3 is to RE2 what Opposing Force is to Half-Life 1.

Code Veronica is more like the real RE3 in the series
That game gets quite a lot of stick in some circles and I can't for the life of me understand why, except for really superficial reasons given. I played the original Dreamcast version many many years ago and I've got such fond memories of it.

Chairman Steve

That game gets quite a lot of stick in some circles and I can't for the life of me understand why, except for really superficial reasons given. I played the original Dreamcast version many many years ago and I've got such fond memories of it.
I‘m not the biggest fan of it but usually it’s the weird goofy story, inconsistent difficulty, bad level design and of course Steve Burnside.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Bought this a week or so ago. Just finished getting the platinum. I really enjoyed it. Thought it was great fun. I can see if you're not a trophy hunter why you would criticise it as there's not a great deal of replayability there, but i quite liked the fact that if was short. Definitely not as good as the RE 2 Remake, but great fun nonetheless.

That nemesis boss on inferno was a real pain in the ass though. Kind of came out of nowhere as the rest of the game is easy.