Gaming Resident Evil Village - Out 7th May 2021

Bojan11

Disappointing it is cross gen. PS5 demo is coming today.

Irwin99

May 7th !!! :drool::drool::drool::drool: I liked RE 7 as it was a breath of fresh air after 5 and 6 which I really didn't like.

Irwin99

I've heard there's another multiplayer game mode :rolleyes: I know I don't have to play it but do RE fans really even want this? Heard no mention of VR either.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Well that was...brief. Nothing really interesting to say about it, pretty standard fare. Not particularly spectacular graphically, nor atmosphere wise either, but it is labelled as a "visual showcase" so I guess it did that.

Bojan11

No VR mode announced as of yet. Unlucky @afrocentricity its another blow to you.

Seems like they focusing more on their new online mode.

Ainu

I'm not sure I would've found RE7 anything special if I hadn't played it in VR. If this doesn't have it, I think I'll pass.

siw2007

Just played the demo, really liked it, very much in the Biohazard mould. Really creepy atmosphere, solid graphics so far. Only thing it didn’t show off for me was any non linear exploration/puzzles (for example, finding the video tape which showed off the handle under the fire place in Biohazard), but nothing to get worked up on as it’s only a demo and it had a pretty solid presentation of the Resident Evil formula.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Just downloaded the demo. I'll give it a shot later. I think it's only 15 minutes, isn't it?

I still haven't played RE7, but it's available on the PS Plus collection on the PS5 so I'll download it and give it a go before this one comes out.

Redlambs

Just downloaded the demo. I'll give it a shot later. I think it's only 15 minutes, isn't it?

I still haven't played RE7, but it's available on the PS Plus collection on the PS5 so I'll download it and give it a go before this one comes out.
Depends. 15mins tops if you are like me and check every little corner (which is absolutely pointless btw), but in reality it's not really a demo of gameplay just a showcase, so it's 5-10mins at most.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Depends. 15mins tops if you are like me and check every little corner (which is absolutely pointless btw), but in reality it's not really a demo of gameplay just a showcase, so it's 5-10mins at most.
Cool.

And yes, I am like you and search every nook and cranny. I can't help myself! I often times get burned out on games for this very reason.

Redlambs

Cool.

And yes, I am like you and search every nook and cranny. I can't help myself! I often times get burned out on games for this very reason.
I wouldn't usually spoiler, but because it's just a tech demo don't waste your time here. There's absolutely nothing to see.

Resi 7 is very good btw, but really shines as a game in VR if you get the chance. Then searching every nook and cranny is absolutely joyful :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I wouldn't usually spoiler, but because it's just a tech demo don't waste your time here. There's absolutely nothing to see.

Resi 7 is very good btw, but really shines as a game in VR if you get the chance. Then searching every nook and cranny is absolutely joyful :lol:
I remember playing the Beginning Hour Demo of RE7 a year or two ago in VR. Very good. Almost too good :lol:

I get quite queasy when it comes to the walking. In some VR games, you can just teleport to the area you want to go to, and I find that fine. But when you control a character in VR like you would in any other game, it hits real hard!

Will definitely be downloading it though.

Redlambs

I remember playing the Beginning Hour Demo of RE7 a year or two ago in VR. Very good. Almost too good :lol:

I get quite queasy when it comes to the walking. In some VR games, you can just teleport to the area you want to go to, and I find that fine. But when you control a character in VR like you would in any other game, it hits real hard!

Will definitely be downloading it though.
IIRC they did add features after release to help with the motion sickness, but yeah you do have to build up into it!

Though with RE7, because you use the controller, you can play standing up and physically turn in real life which really helps there.

izzydiggler

Massive Resi fan and enjoyed the demo but it's basically 7 in a slightly different setting.

Glorified tech demo I guess but not a lot to take from it really.

I'll of course be getting it but not sure whether to go Series X or PS5. They seem to be leading with PS5 but given the better performance of Hitman 3 on Series X, I'm leaning that way.

Smores

I'm not sure i could deal with RE in VR. I'd definitely end up breaking either the controller or the TV :lol:

Irwin99

I’ve never been back to 6 since completing it but I really enjoyed Mercenary mode in that game, was great with a friend.
Never tried that mode but RE 5 was a lot more bearable playing co-op with a friend so I can believe it. I just kind of worry what their priorities are when they start including multi-player. To me RE is a single player survival horror where you're fighting all alone against all manner of hideous things with limited resources. Adding another player just diminishes that in my opinion.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

I enjoyed 7 a lot but the last part of the game wasn’t great at all.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I couldn’t even get through a play-through of 7 from a streamer. I’d probably run into a wall in VR.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
From what I remember RE4 is a fairly long game. Would cost a lot of money to do a total 1:1 remake. They're gonna cut some corners.

evil_geko

Even DEMOS are now PS exclusive. :lol:

Feck off Sony.

Looking forward to game though.

Redlambs

Yeah if you are a moron forgetting everyone jerking themselves silly over M$ buying *chuckle* Bethesda.

One minute exclusive content is great, next minute it's trash. Depending on what faceless corp you inexplicably love. Sheeple.

Redlambs

Surprised no one has mentioned that it's 4K, 60fps with ray-tracing?

Let's nip this is the bud right here, raytracing isn't simply on or off.

That's demo doesn't run completely smooth for a start, it's not bad, but for a contained area it's not perfect. It's also not native 4k, but it's not far off with the implementation. As for the "raytracing" it's very basic in the reflections at best, the lighting and shadows aren't actually traced.

Maybe the final game will show more, but let's not get ahead of ourselves on this one.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I still owe @mazhar13 the video of me playing it and taking a massive stack over the settee as I tried to run away from the first time she jumps out at you :lol:

I'm hoping we still have it on a memory card somewhere!
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. I'd love to see that.

The great thing about RE games are how they maintain that scary atmosphere despite being more action oriented than other horror games.