Gaming Resident Evil Village - Out 7th May 2021

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So just finished the demo. Short and sweet, obviously. Visually it looks great, a good atmosphere about it, but not much more you can say really. Looking forward to seeing more. I have all confidence that it will be great.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

I presume she's this version's Mr.X/Nemisis? It was a fun gimmick in RE2 remake but it doesn't need to be in every game.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Enjoyed the demo, despite it being very short. Seems like it will be similar to 7 which isn’t a bad thing. Glad we don’t have to wait too long for the full game.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
"Resident Evil Village looks fascinating, but The Duke represents a tired trope of making fat people greedy or bad."

It's not a trope. Fat people are greedy when it comes to food and have bad habits. I'm not saying that fat people should be paraded around towns and have rotten cheeseburgers thrown at them but celebrating "big and beautiful" is just a way of pandering to people instead of having them face the reality that their lifestyles are going to kill them.

I've fecking been there and if my doctor had said "you're perfect the way you are" then I would probably be even bigger now than I was then. But he didn't. He flat out told me to lose weight or I'd die young, so I lost eight stone and now I won't die from being fat. I'll die from stress because of my fecking kids, like a normal person.

padr81

Supports
Man City
"Resident Evil Village looks fascinating, but The Duke represents a tired trope of making fat people greedy or bad."

It's not a trope. Fat people are greedy when it comes to food and have bad habits. I'm not saying that fat people should be paraded around towns and have rotten cheeseburgers thrown at them but celebrating "big and beautiful" is just a way of pandering to people instead of having them face the reality that their lifestyles are going to kill them.

I've fecking been there and if my doctor had said "you're perfect the way you are" then I would probably be even bigger now than I was then. But he didn't. He flat out told me to lose weight or I'd die young, so I lost eight stone and now I won't die from being fat. I'll die from stress because of my fecking kids, like a normal person.
100%. Fat people are greedy and lazy whether they want to admit it or not, and I say this as a dude who's 5ft7 and went from 10 stone for most my adult life to nearly 16 in my mid 30's where I still am.

I got fat because I got lazy with exercise, lazy with nutrition and lazy with life. I'm greedy because I eat more than I need and too much of that is shite because of my newfound lazyness. That rings true for every single overweight person in the world. Its become a trope because its true, I checked the twitter of the dude who wrote that and guess what, he's fat because he's lazy, I can tell just by looking at his face.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

100%. Fat people are greedy and lazy whether they want to admit it or not, and I say this as a dude who's 5ft7 and went from 10 stone for most my adult life to nearly 16 in my mid 30's where I still am.

I got fat because I got lazy with exercise, lazy with nutrition and lazy with life. I'm greedy because I eat more than I need and too much of that is shite because of my newfound lazyness. That rings true for every single overweight person in the world. Its become a trope because its true, I checked the twitter of the dude who wrote that and guess what, he's fat because he's lazy, I can tell just by looking at his face.
:lol:

Chairman Steve

I’m certain that tall lady/Lady Dimitrescu’s appearance is based from Elizabeth McGovern‘s character from Downton Abbey but more vampiric.

Everyone seems to be simping out for her but I guarantee she turns into some fugly ass monster like most RE villains do.

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’m certain that tall lady/Lady Dimitrescu’s appearance is based from Elizabeth McGovern‘s character from Downton Abbey but more vampiric.

Everyone seems to be simping out for her but I guarantee she turns into some fugly ass monster like most RE villains do.
Funny you mention that. I recommend checking Alanah Pearce’s Twitter if you’re into that sort of thing...

Irwin99

Have heard it's a bigger game than RE7 which is welcome if true. Not seen much of the villain in the game as I've not watched many of the trailers or the demo footage but if she's as weird and campy as Alfred and Alexia in CV then i'll be very happy :D

evil_geko

Have heard it's a bigger game than RE7 which is welcome if true. Not seen much of the villain in the game as I've not watched many of the trailers or the demo footage but if she's as weird and campy as Alfred and Alexia in CV then i'll be very happy :D
I want to wait to see how much content the game has before buying it, don't want another lazy RE3 Remake, but if that is true then great! It is being made by A team after all.

Sweet Square

Looks like a mix between RE1 and R7.

Just hope they don't bring back the black goo monsters from 7. That game really tanked and hit a low in the second half.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Looks like a mix between RE1 and R7.

Just hope they don't bring back the black goo monsters from 7. That game really tanked and hit a low in the second half.
Only the final section for me on the ship. Final boss was a letdown to, all RE final bosses require a rocket launcher kill.

Sweet Square

Only the final section for me on the ship. Final boss was a letdown to, all RE final bosses require a rocket launcher kill.
The opening was so good that I guess it was almost an impossible task to keep up the momentum. It's difficult enough for a movie to keep the pace up for around 2 hours but games have to do it for 5+ hours(Extra difficult for horror games as the scares will naturally wear off over time). While it rightly got hate, one of the reasons why I liked R3 Remake so much(A part from getting for cheap)was the length. Felt more like a movie and I finished it in one sitting. There's no way they will do that with Village, so I hope they will least keep it interesting, especially with the enemy design.

100% agree with you on the final boss fight, rocket launchers are a must for this one.

Bosws87

Is this gonna support VR fully again as it was incredible on the ps4 different level of scary, like VR was made for the horror genre.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Is this gonna support VR fully again as it was incredible on the ps4 different level of scary, like VR was made for the horror genre.
I don't think so, I read somewhere they ditched the vr compatibility because of all the work to make it work across 2 generations of console. Apparently the ps4 non VR version was nearly ditched nevermind the VR. If I didn't have the faith in Capcom I do, I'd be worried about another Cyberpunk like disaster. Weirdly I had the same faith in CD:PR.

Irwin99

Not sure what to expect from this at all but I'm excited. I'm a hoping a top tier RE like REmake 1 and 2, and og RE2, but it probably won't reach those heights. RE3 remake was still decent but was a bit of letdown in someways too.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

:lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Looks like it's going to be more action-oriented, judging by the number of upgrades and weapons on show.

Last edited: