Rest in peace Super League - post your favourite moments - Dreams can't be buy

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Stolen from the BBC website tonight...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Over to the late Sir Bobby Robson...

“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

caid

Stolen from the BBC website tonight...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Over to the late Sir Bobby Robson...

“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”
Hard not to love the man.

Infra-red

Reading this thread, I think we got the Super League all wrong - it has been massively entertaining - not in the way that any of the people associated with it intended - but massively entertaining nonetheless.

Jose being the only super league manager sacked is my high point.
:lol:

Abizzz

I haven't caught up with all the news yet, but from what I gather these superleague shenanigans are the reason Woody left?

That must be the best part of all of it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Sorry mate,

Aftermath:
You missed the best one where after spending pages upon pages enlightening us, he admitted that he hadn't read the article and was not familiar with the details of the proposal which he was defending at a rate of 5 posts/page.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
You missed the best one where after spending pages upon pages enlightening us, he admitted that he hadn't read the article and was not familiar with the details of the proposal which he was defending at a rate of 5 posts/page.
I mean that's just classic caf right there.

Okey

That banner at Stamford Bridge... "We want our cold nights in Stoke".

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Damien making 1 million threadmarks just before the point where none of them mattered anymore.

Ludens the Red

Tottenham being mugged off at every single turn. Even Florentino himself, seemed to forget and then get taken back when Tottenham being in the 12 was mentioned to him.

Giggs86

Best moments for me were:

The inclusion of Spurs and Arsenal in something with the word 'Super' in it
Mourinho getting fired because Levy thought he's about the get rich
Gary Neville
Klopp making a clown out of himself

And the number one moment is Woodward's resignation.

crossy1686

career ending
Sorry mate, @crossy1686

Aftermath:
:lol: Stand by what I said, I'm in favour of an elite competition where elite teams compete and are rewarded appropriately for revenue they draw instead of it going towards the governing bodies that run the competitions, so in turn it ultimately reaches the players and the fans in the form of ticket price reduction.

Hopefully the CL reforms reflect this otherwise all this has been a complete waste of time.

Either way, I was never in favour of THE Super League in it's entirety, which is why I wanted to wait and see what happened, but I am in favour of A FORM of Super League. Two very different things.

crossy1686

career ending
:lol: :confused: :confused: :confused: Actually I said I hadn't read the club statements yet and I wanted to wait for more details but go ahead and keep telling me what I said or implied.