Gaming Returnal (PS5)

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm toying with pre-ordering it as well. I'm probably going to pull the trigger tomorrow when all the reviews start pouring in.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is going to scratch that itch that Control used to. The gameplay looks so good!

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
My ps5 has gone away to be repaired, potentially saved me €80 for this as I have no will power and I really don’t like rogue type games

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I know I shouldn’t buy it. Not sure I’m even that interested in the premise but I’m just craving something different to play and the gameplay does look fun.

b82REZ

Preordered.

I'm house sitting this weekend and didn't want to take my PS5 but guess I am now.

Been hammering the Binding of Isaac DLC for the last month so feel well prepared for this.

Adamsk7

I’ve preordered it too. I love the world of Alien/Prometheus, miss Metroid and I loved Hades so hoping this is the game for me. I was also absolutely blown away by the 3D audio and adaptive triggers in Astro and have been craving something that can give me that experience again.

RedDevilRoshi

I’ve preordered it too. I love the world of Alien/Prometheus, miss Metroid and I loved Hades so hoping this is the game for me. I was also absolutely blown away by the 3D audio and adaptive triggers in Astro and have been craving something that can give me that experience again.
Same here.

Really looking forward to playing this on Friday.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Looking forward to hearing thoughts in here, I’m a bit ‘meh’ on it, but very open to changing my mind.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looking forward to hearing thoughts in here, I’m a bit ‘meh’ on it, but very open to changing my mind.
You've played it?

It looks pretty cool from the clips. Reminds me of Remnant from the Ashes, but this seems to be different - more about exploration and story than challenge.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You've played it?

It looks pretty cool from the clips. Reminds me of Remnant from the Ashes, but this seems to be different - more about exploration and story than challenge.
No absolutely not played it :lol:

The clips look pretty good but it’s not the kind of game I typically play, but I might give it a go.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
My problem with rogue-like/lites is no matter how good they are, I always reach a plateau where I'm no longer arsed to traverse everything again to beat them. I mean, Hades was an incredible game but even with the overarching story and power ups that made every run a bit different, I still got fed up of doing the same things over and over.

b82REZ

My problem with rogue-like/lites is no matter how good they are, I always reach a plateau where I'm no longer arsed to traverse everything again to beat them. I mean, Hades was an incredible game but even with the overarching story and power ups that made every run a bit different, I still got fed up of doing the same things over and over.
A good roguelike should alleviate a lot of those issues.

The GOAT, Binding of Isaac has so much content that each run feels completely different.

With Hades, I think it struggled from having very little boss variety. I loved it for the 30 or so hours I stuck with it but I did burn out on it and have very little urge to return to it.

Returnal looks likes it taken aspects of a lot of games, and by the sounds of it really nailed all those aspects. My main concern for this game comes from lack of weapon variety.

lilcurt

Wasn't really on my radar this despite liking other games from this developer. However after falling in love with Hades the past few weeks and seeing some gameplay this looks like it could be special.

I am yet to finish a roguelike however, pushing in to my 30's lack of time and reflexes mean I struggle with games that require twitch reactions haha.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Reviews imminent. I buckled and ordered from Shopto. The genre (love sci-fi), metroid prime vibe and next gen use of sound and controller was enough for me.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

86 score on Metacritic from 68 critic review.

Last edited:

Woodzy

Had no interest in buying this yesterday.

Today I am £60 worse off. feck you all.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

86 score on Metacritic from 68 critic review.
That's a good video. Starts talking about the difficulty around 23 minutes in.

Got to to say I really don't like the idea of using rest mode because there's no save option during play especially as the runs can be quite long.

They need to find a compromise between preventing you from breaking the game mechanics and allowing people who have a life outside of gaming to take a timeout and patch that shit in pronto.

Ainu

I never managed to get into roguelikes, but this looks like a title that could change that. Interesting that it's a full on triple A release that doesn't seem afraid to take a lot of risks, unlike the vast majority of them. I applaud them for that and hope they get rewarded for it. Only problem is I still can't get my hands on a PS5, but once I do this is definitely on the list.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
That's a good video. Starts talking about the difficulty around 23 minutes in.

Got to to say I really don't like the idea of using rest mode because there's no save option during play especially as the runs can be quite long.

They need to find a compromise between preventing you from breaking the game mechanics and allowing people who have a life outside of gaming to take a timeout and patch that shit in pronto.
What's wrong with using rest mode? If you are still worried about those initial suggestions that it causes problems, then I wouldn't because I've put it in rest mode every day since I got mine and it's worked fine.